Club for Gentlemen

More
12 years 5 months ago #107938 by Rock and Roll
Who do I have left to play? I ve lost the plot :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #107943 by Schulle
Replied by Schulle on topic Re: Club for Gentlemen

Who do I have left to play? I ve lost the plot :)

me!

More
12 years 5 months ago #108042 by Jonathant
Replied by Jonathant on topic Re: Club for Gentlemen
OK, here s who still needs to play:

_sox_ : Alpino, Dimetrodon, Jonathant, Schulle, seth_river, St.Vitus, Swos_4ever
Alpino : _sox_, Dimetrodon, Pallister, Rock and Roll, Schulle, St.Vitus
Dimetrodon : _sox_, Alpino, Jonathant, Pallister, Schulle, Seth_river, Swos_4ever
Jonathant : _sox_, Dimetrodon, Pallister
Pallister : Alpino, Dimetrodon, Jonathant, Schulle, St.Vitus, Swos_4ever
Rock and Roll : Alpino, Schulle, St.Vitus, Swos_4ever
Schulle : _sox_, Alpino, Dimetrodon, Pallister, Rock and Roll, St.Vitus
Seth_river : _sox_, Dimetrodon
St.Vitus : _sox_, Alpino, Pallister, Rock and Roll, Schulle, Swos_4ever
Swos_4ever : _sox_, Dimetrodon, Pallister, Rock and Roll, St.Vitus

I think!!

More
12 years 5 months ago #108043 by St.Vitus
Replied by St.Vitus on topic Re: Club for Gentlemen
Pallister quit playing ASL and DSL. So Maybe..... :-X

More
12 years 5 months ago #108045 by dimetrodon
Replied by dimetrodon on topic Re: Club for Gentlemen
I will exist after this weekend! And will writ about the situation of the Club.

More
12 years 5 months ago #108118 by Schulle
I asked Alpino 4 times on several days to play our matches. Not a single answer ... :(

I wonder what is the intention of players to sign a competition and then refuse to play...

More
12 years 5 months ago #108130 by Schulle
Alpino told me he will quit this competition.

Pallister was not seen online since ages.

@Dime, pls corret table.

What about the rest - are you still willing to play? What happend to this competition? We need to get it back to life guys!

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #108184 by dimetrodon
Dear Gentlemen!

First of all, I would like to apologize for not being active at all in the past weeks. I was busy to organize the Hungarian Live Champ. so swos avoid me to do more swos :)

Secondly, it is important to emphasize that the Club is not the MLS. I mean the main purpose of the club is to stronger friendship, to make players act more like humans, not swos-robots :) and to have good time around ss.de. The MLS season is just an opportunity to meet, to play, to talk, etc. In the past weeks I had good time playing or talking with other members (and non memebers) and in this special case it is lot more important than the competition. ASL, or national champs are totally different, they are sport events , competitions, but MLS is a motivation to meet.

OFC, this doesn t mean that we totally don t care about completing the games! We get help from Jonathant and motivation from Schulle, and I have never stopped (with other members) to play MLS. So we continue that! There will be December with Christmas, and with lot of duties around ending the year, so it is not a goal to complete it right now, as ASL and other competitions have lot more importance, but if you have time, Just do it! :) I will!

Thirdly it would be nice to make other meetings (eg. Club nights as I mentioned it). Don t forget that some club members did not complete in the MLS. The main part is again to meet, to play, friendship etc.

About Alpino: He told me more than a month ago that he is hesitating to stay with us as a member. The Club is open for any player who is willing to build friendship with others, and can follow the rules , but if somebody wants to leave temporally or for ever it is open to leave. I will be sad a bit, but no hard feeling. The only rule about this that any member must treat other members (and preferably non members) as a friend. If Alpino wants to add something he will, if not he will be replaced by another member. The franchise can change owner, this is America.

About Pallister: He is not around here. I hope he will be back as a member. I will start to sold his franchise after not many other games will have left, just his games. I hope we meet again with him soon!

More
12 years 5 months ago #108185 by dimetrodon
About or financial status:
Some guy payed his price, some have a big debt. Here are the basic information:

#000 - Rock Roll - A long (his)story from ZX Spectrum: msg105690
#001 - ElMichaJ
#002 - Retri
#003 - Dimetrodon - A Hungarian folk tale: msg106766
#004 - Sox
#005 - Alpino
#006 - Pallister
#007 - Seth River - His story about maths exam: msg105555
#008 - Jonathant
#009 - Schulle
#010 - Porcupine
#011 - SwosFever4EverFeverNeverEnds - Story from the elevator: msg105933
#012 - St. Vitus - The girl from Issum: msg106063

More
12 years 5 months ago #108208 by Jonathant
Replied by Jonathant on topic Re: Club for Gentlemen
I dont have my story yet, but I have been thinking of a way to get some more from this little club.

We have the MLS competition which has been fun, I ve enkoyed it. But how about an overal club league? Allow to ellaborate on my thoughts:
- there are 12 members
- games that count are between members
- doesn t have to be just the MLS games, but could be friendlies, ooo whatever is appropriate (see what we think)
- but what matters is each players total results against another opponent

So what I mean is this:
- if Dimetrodon has played me 4 times, and the overall win/loss/draw standings is 2-1-1 to Dimetrodon, he gets the points
- if the standings are level, points are shared
- if next time we play 2 games, and I win both, then Dimetrodon loses his points, and I get them.

I propose that you have 10 pts for having a winning record against a particular player, so with 12 members that could be up to 110 pts.
For a level record, make it 5 pts each.
You can t have any points for games not played.

Tricky bit is working it out and keeping track....but I m working on it. What do you think of this concept?
It is just a bit of fun to keep a theme going through the club.
I was thinking of this after having some excellent (really excellent) friendlies recenlty with both Seth_river and Dimetrodon.

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds