(no answer)
You: How is your competition going?
Opponent: REAL M /BLACK
You: OK! THE 11 REFEREES? : )
(no answer)
Opponent: HF
You: HAVE FUN!
…
(after the game, right in the 90th min.)
Opponent: GGS THX
(and he closes the window)

Sometimes any of us don’t want to talk. Some guy can not speak any English. But after one of my recent game, when the opponent haven’t even say “HI”, I decided that something must be changed. (I would have rather play with CPU, as from CPU I don’t wait any answer...)

On the other hand we have very good friendly or not friendly matches here, with lots of jokes, and very good guy with nice (playing) style. (Or very bad jokes, and very bad guys.)

Here is my new initiative:
Let’s form a club, a club for gentlemen (and ofc for ladies, where are they?)!

Rules
- Let’s say “hi” or anything as a greeting (and say bye at the end).[/li]
- Let’s say “nice” or anything if opponents do something nice on pitch, and you like it.
- You are encouraged to say any other thing, jokes, remarks on play. Etc.
- You don’t have to say sorry after a fault, injury, just if it was really harsh or intentional. :) And you can say not only sorry, but anything else :)
- Let’s greet others in main chat at least occasionally.
But it is not just about talking.
- Play for fun! You can play for any reason, and in very serious matches, but don’t ever totally forget fun.
- Beyond or before fun every member is encouraged to play in ASL and in national leagues! Ofc, you can be a gentleman there too.
- You are encouraged to post some words about your matches, not just the pure results.
- No cheating, blaming opponents luck or lag. Be fair!
- Try to play nice swos, at least on your better days :)
- Don’t be a machine. Not in playing, not in IRC etc.

You can suggest similar rules.

Very important: the club is open for any ss.de member, it is not an exclusive club! Anybody who wants to follow the rules can join. So it is not something outside ss.de, but absolutely in it, it is for a better spirit here. Also note: it is not about “English”, so if your English is very bad, and you can write only with lot of mistakes, it is not a problem at all.

What are the advantages of the membership?
Beyond the good company, we will organize tournaments. Like normal ss.de tournaments, but for members. We can have a club night weekly (in different time slots) when we try to play fr matches, ad-hoc mini-tournaments or any other event, hopefully with many members, ofc you don’t have to be online then, just an opportunity to meet (at main chanel, #sensible).

I am not a member, how can I join to “club tournaments”?
First time you can join, as a guest. After you can decide if you like our attitude, and if you want to join or not. But for any player who don’t want to join: It is absolutely not against you, but for guys who prefer friendship and fun. And you can always join. :)

Membership fee
Yes, it is not free! Euro is not quite good these days, and it would be difficult to handle so many gold bars, so the fee is: one story about swos per year. If you want to join, just post here you want to join, and you become a member. You have one week (or two) to pay the price, and tell your story. It can be anything swos. An offline event story, how did you start to play, a good friendship story, a funny case on pitch or anything swos.

Punishments
After each month you can post your nominee for Evil Robot price. This is a higher award for any club member who acted like an android. Only club members can be nominated. It is not very likely that any nomination will ever happen, but the point is: you can always treat opponents (only club members!) during a game to be nominated as Evil Robot. To be an Evil Robot don’t have any consequences.

Name of the club
I don’t have a real good name for our club. Maybe a nice animal? Or “Reform Club” from Arround the Word in 80 days? Or “Fossil Club”, as we are a bit conservative?

Table link: www.sensiblesoccer.de/index.php?site=turniere_ergebnisse tid=1623

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #105400 by Retrieving
Replied by Retrieving on topic Re: Club for Gentlemen
Hand me the Club membership card #002 please! :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #105402 by Rock and Roll
I ll have #000 ;)

More
12 years 7 months ago #105403 by Pallister
Replied by Pallister on topic Re: Club for Gentlemen
Oh well, I have to wait as I want the #6 for me (OF COURSE!!!!).

About your idea. It s nice to see that players still want to have cyber friendships and a friendly treating here. Due to the high amount of members and of course different personalities and also language barricades it will never die out that there will be (as you call them) robot/android players. They are part of our Community. I have to admit that I m bored of non communicative members from the beginning on, but I always accepted them.

This club is a nice initiative to put the communicative guys together and I see no problems in doing that :) And Club-Tournaments are also a great idea. I m curious if this initiative will change something :)

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #105404 by dimetrodon
Replied by dimetrodon on topic Re: Club for Gentlemen
Robots or androids are the club members who don t communicate :) , who are outside the club are players who we respect. And they have a reason to not communicate: personality, language, concentration, even controller related reasons all possible, and many other too. Nothing offensive against him! Rules only apply for members.

So if You will be member #006 (007 is still free! : ) and you won t answer with hahaha to every of my jokes, Then you will be roboted by me! :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #105414 by _sox_
Replied by _sox_ on topic Re: Club for Gentlemen
add me plz!

am i enough expansive?!?!?! :D :D :D

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #105415 by ElMichaJ
Replied by ElMichaJ on topic Re: Club for Gentlemen
cool idea ....

i am not online often, but i would follow all :D

it makes me the idea, that we need groups :D

i would do like:

OFFLINE ZEN MASTER

you need more than 1000 offline games in all systems :D

sensiblesoccer.de/index.php?site=community_ranking wertung=offline

+ xbox games

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

More
12 years 7 months ago #105418 by dimetrodon

am i enough expansive?!?!?! :D :D :D

Sure you are! :)

OFFLINE ZEN MASTER
you need more than 1000 offline games in all systems :D
sensiblesoccer.de/index.php?site=community_ranking wertung=offline
+ xbox games

1000 offline :D :D maybe steps:
Dan 0: 1 game oflline
Dan 1: 1 game on each sys
Dan 2: 10 games on each
Dan 3: 100 games on each
Dan 4: 1000 games on each

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #105432 by dimetrodon
Numbers till now:

#000 -Rock Roll - is it a prime number?
#001 - ElMichaJ - as he is the #1
#002 - Retri
#003 - Dimetrondon - as 3 is the justice for a Hungarian (this proverb is mainly about drinking)
#004 - Sox
#005 - Alpino
#006 - Pallister
#007 - Seth River - My name is River, Seth River
#008 - Jonathant
#009 - Schulle
#010 - Porcupine
#011 - SwosFever4EverFeverNeverEndsNeverEver

More
12 years 7 months ago #105435 by Jonathant
Replied by Jonathant on topic Re: Club for Gentlemen
Let me in, let me in!
I haven t come up with a good name yet though. How about Evil Robot Elimination Club
Some days I feel like an evil robot, but Swos normally rescues me from this rather than cause it!

We also need an official club badge, club song and mascot. Any suggestions??

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds