Club for Gentlemen

More
12 years 7 months ago #105621 by dimetrodon
Replied by dimetrodon on topic Re: Club for Gentlemen
I have not written anything about deadlines. There wont be any? Or some? Who knows?! But if you wont choose quickly, you will get a team from El Salvador div4!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #105622 by dimetrodon

If possible can I stay with Ny Metrostars please? :D

You are too good player, so it will may be sold before your turn. Now get it why my SRN are so low!? :D

More
12 years 7 months ago #105623 by ruicosta10fc
Replied by ruicosta10fc on topic Re: Club for Gentlemen
These teams r pretty much the same strength i guess... interesting 8)

• swos4ever
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 7 months ago #105624 by swos4ever
Replied by swos4ever on topic Re: Club for Gentlemen
Dallas BUUUNRNNN PLS. ggs

More
12 years 7 months ago #105625 by dimetrodon
You will able to track results here:
www.sensiblesoccer.de/index.php?site=turniere_ergebnisse tid=1623

More
12 years 7 months ago #105634 by Rock and Roll
I have to pick Tampa Bay because the name s cool :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #105651 by St.Vitus
Replied by St.Vitus on topic Re: Club for Gentlemen
I would like to play L.A. Galaxy - cause I am an old Galaxian Fan. 8)

More
12 years 7 months ago #105655 by dimetrodon
Table updated:
www.sensiblesoccer.info/forum/index.php?....msg105618#msg105618
And Alpino is the next to choose! (Pallister can start to thinking :) )

More
12 years 7 months ago #105666 by Pallister
Replied by Pallister on topic Re: Club for Gentlemen
Oh would be great if I can get Columbus Crew as I ve played career with them back in the years :D

More
12 years 7 months ago #105690 by Rock and Roll
Shoot I still have to pay :).

OK, I ve been playing sports games since...well....ages ago :). To be honest about 95% of all games I own (and I own a lot for various systems) is sport related,
and I used to collect football games (well, at least all I could find in shops), even manager games.

First football game I rememeber owning is this one: www.catawiki.com/catalog/video-games/pla.../1967945-24-football.
That is if my Subbuteo teams don t count (which I still have...I used to love thrashing Newcastle (boo hiss!)).
After that I moved on the ZX Spectrum (which I still have) for which I still have a massive amount of football games (best ones still are Football Manager which
just about created the football management genre, Match Day/Match Day II and Emlyn Hughes International Soccer).
Next up was the Amiga, which had some gems. I used to love Kick Off (with it s 8 vastly different teams...I always used to lose against Russia / the red team,
and loved playing Germany / the grey team with a strict referee where the whole idea was to try and get all their players sent off :) (to this day I still don t know
why the Germans were programmed to be the most kamikaze team I ve ever seen in a footie game).

Then it all started...I got an -ahem- copy of Sensible Soccer (the one with the European Championship).....first started playing at around 7 in the evening....and
finally switched it off at around 3 in the morning (I had a great time at college/uni :D). After that...well...I only ever took the Sensi disks out to switch them :).
I still have a few disks with created saved teams (e.g. one with 64 world teams e.g. from places like the Antarctic, Easter Island etc.). All played with the
brilliant Arcade joystick (well one of them...I think I owned two or three...at least one was black with a red button and one was beige/brown (but then again,
wasn t everything to do with Commodore brown in those days...at least most games on the C64 were :D). I never owned SWOS on
the Amiga, but I still have a few original (yes original) cd s for the pc. On the pc I loved taking teams from the Faroe Islands to European glory. I always bought a
Japanese striker (can t remember his name though...I think he played for FC Tokyo...he had VSF, or VFS, or FSV or FVS or SVF or SFV), and someone from
Taiwan I think (same letters) who both cost 200k max (I think I also always bought a LW from Iceland Bjarnesson or somethingson at least :)).

Offline...well I was a genius :D. We used to change the rules to a version of the rules I used in the Unfriendly League. A goal was 1 point. A yellow card, a
conceded penalty or a caused injury gave 3 points. A red card gave 5 points. Pure SWOS-heaven.

I think I still have all FIFA games on the pc up till around 2000. FIFA 2011 / FIFA 2010 RTWC are good games (on the PS3) which I enjoy from time to time,
but none come close to swos :). Imagine my joy when I googled Sensible Soccer and came across this site. I played my first games against a German guy
called BigKingXXL who really helped me getting online (the easy tutorial wasn t all that easy for me :))...he still pops up every now and then (last time I
saw him was a few months ago)....nette Kerl :). My first weeks were spent playing and learning from guys like Jack33 (who really helped advance my
swos skills), Karish (whose defence I still hate to this day :D). I also used to play a lot of games against Rellik and Laukos both of who I d love to see again
(we spent more time chatting then playing, but that s really what swos is all about). The first person who offered to train me was Socio (to who I ll always
be grateful). He really helped me defence, helped transform my underperforming 4-3-3 into a poor-but-not-as-bad 4-4-2 formation, and actually told me
to use Brazil instead of Real Madrid (which I still do to this day...although I ve changed the names a bit ;)). Oh, he also taught me about all things Fumina
(even though she s not my type :D), and partly introduced me to Zara (the king of the sliding tackles...who changed the complementary Have Fun! to
Have Blood! but has no taste in music whatsoever :D) and Porcupine1 (who I m sure always has 5 extra players on the pitch at all times..and with who I
still communicate in Yo! Shit! terms:)).....together I guess we re still the 4 Heroes (but of what I ll never know :)), who used to play many an online league
in which I always came last (at least when Zara didn t crash the whole thing). Trust me...there s nothing better than 4 player leagues where two players
keep pressing F11 like mad men, calling the two poor souls who are battling it out all sorts of names :D. To this day I think the command !Fumina still
works on our IRC channel...as does !BosnianFolkMusic :D.

And to this day (as far as I recall) I ve still never been beaten.offline...though online is a slightly different matter :D. One day I hope to actually win
something (yep, that s just about the only thing that gets me down...I have one Euroleague title when there were just the three of us :)), and one
day I hope to get my first victory against Retri :), and see some of the people I ve met here in person...some of who I actually consider to
be friends (you know who you are. :)). Yo!

Good enough? :)

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds