Club for Gentlemen

More
12 years 6 months ago #106574 by ruicosta10fc
Replied by ruicosta10fc on topic Re: Club for Gentlemen
VS alpino:

New Y vs San Jose 1-1/ 0-3.

Very enjoyable matches with New Y scoring more goals overall. Good ones alp!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #106575 by ruicosta10fc
Wait, theres a mistake

New Y vs San Jose 1-1/ 3-0 ( to NewY)

More
12 years 6 months ago #106579 by ruicosta10fc
VS StVinus:

New Y vs L.A.Galaxy 1-2/ 4-0

Good games vinus!

More
12 years 6 months ago #106580 by St.Vitus
Replied by St.Vitus on topic Re: Club for Gentlemen
Lol ;D Vedi Vidi Vinus

More
12 years 6 months ago #106585 by ruicosta10fc
Vitus!! :o

Sorry mate! ;D

More
12 years 6 months ago #106755 by dimetrodon
Replied by dimetrodon on topic Re: Club for Gentlemen
Dear Gentlemen!

I was slightly busy, but know all the scores are entered!

Seth is on top! And he played 67% of his games. The average is 34% so Just do it! (from our proud sponsor and child labour user)

To see another aspects, here is the win ratio power ranking (sponsored by Starbucks, where you can t get beer)
PALLISTER .800
JONATHANT .643
SCHULLE .583
_SOX_ .500
SETH_RIVER .500
ST.VITUS .500
ALPINO .438
ROCK AND ROLL .417
SWOS_4EVER_FEVER .417
DIMETRODON .083

I would gladly make another table to finally get a table where not Dimetrodon is the last :D but mathematically it is impossible ;)

More
12 years 6 months ago #106757 by Jonathant
Replied by Jonathant on topic Re: Club for Gentlemen
Good stats Dimetrodon! I am in favour of such analysis (as you probably know)!!!

More
12 years 6 months ago #106759 by Rock and Roll
More numbers, more numbers, more numbers :)

I can think of a few stats in which Dime leads the pack ;)

More
12 years 6 months ago #106766 by dimetrodon
Not numbers but words. But more-more-more! :)

In Hungary there aren t fairy tales, but we have very good folk tales (for those, who are really interested, here is one with English subs:
). Lot of tale is about the poorest man s youngest boy, or the smallest son of a king. They always win, get the girl, the kingdom, and they even give away some for the bigger boys. :)

So my story is not a story, not an anecdote but a Hungarian folk tale. This story is not about me, but this is the best story so far in swos for me. :) And as I am really determined organizer, it is a real success story for me, even if I am not the hero of the story.

Background
In 2009, after more than 10 years without swos, FLegby, my friend get know about ss.de. He and my younger brother Dinnye instantly visited Sensi Days 2009, and the Hungarian community had born. They made the 1st offline tournament, the 1st ever Hungarian Community in that December, only with 4 players (I have made the 3rd place ;). After some month we realized that online playing is also possible (again, FLegby was the pioneer), so we started to play fr.s in August 2010, and played in EL or ASL in Sept. So I decided to start to organize the online championship in 2010 October with FLegby.

Our hero
We had two swos veteran for the league (Szeszesek and AbelXavier), the 4 offline friends, so it was enough to start, but we was happy as a very old registration become active (Bromberg with number 602). Moreover Flegby made a YouTube video about the offline champ, and we had a comment! A guy, called Hawkz asked in the comment, if it was a real event? If it is, he will join. So we let him know that we start playing online. He had problem for joining as he did not have net connection, but finally he managed to join.

He was good, about my level 1st time ;) ! But from the 2nd or 3rd I was frustrated about I have never managed to win against him again. It was a long time when I realized why: He was lot better than me! It was not obvious for the 1st time, but he was. When all could realize that a new star was born, that was the end of the 1st season. Ha was just slightly 2nd after Szeszesek, and strongly ahead of AX. Huhh! Not bad from a 1st timer.

I asked him, and he told that he was a veteran player, but just against CPU, he is living in a small village (and now partially in a bigger city) but he never had a chance to meet someone who is also playing the game! He just played himself alone.

Again we get know his skill, when (this March) he managed to get the 1st title in the league (the 1st not for the mighty Szeszesek), but the time I realized, that something can happen was for me when I saw him climbed to the top 10 in SRN ranking but wit less than 500 online matches, and I was aware of the fact that he (and Bromberg) had the tickets for Sensi Days 2011 in Varna!

Unfortunately Hawkz couldn t come to the 2nd Offline (=Real) championship in 2010, so just 2-3 weeks before the Sensi Days it was a sad fact, that he had never played offline ever. I could not allow that! I know the duty of a sportsman and a friend, and exactly one week before the World Championship, I asked my good neighbors to use their flat as a shelter for my family, and I made an offline championship for the guys who are to travel to Várna and all others who can join.

Ofc, Hawkz was the winner on PC and on Amiga too. But it was also a good achievement that we can meet, and from online friendship we can make an IRL one.

Conclusion
All after this is history, or History. :) He get the kingdom, and the title holder on Amiga (I think maybe the most important title is the Amiga one) is from Hungary, from a small village! :)

After the Sensi Days, I have visited the village. And I will visit again to kick Hawkz s ass to get back playing more swos, as he have too much work nowadays.

More
12 years 6 months ago #106772 by dimetrodon
Rock have something to add. A real L Anse aux Meadows kind of addition to my story :D

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds