SWOS 2020 - bug reports

More
2 years 4 months ago #145596 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports
Did you take care of 2) yourself?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #145597 by chaoz2eyez
Replied by chaoz2eyez on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports
My thoughts after another session in SWoS2020:
- [SPEEDRUN] : after choosing team, when we choose VIEW SELECTED TEAMS it clears/reset our pick, and we need choose 2 teams again.
- [SPEEDRUN] : after Esc at TRY AGAIN option we must again pick strategy and pitch, maybe adding REDO option that only reset match itself could be better/time saving for the players
- [SPEEDRUN] : is there a possibility to add/choose FROZEN pitch?
- [REVISIT HISTORY] : does other legend matches/challanges will be added?

More
2 years 4 months ago #145598 by captaincofresi

Did you take care of 2) yourself?

Yes, that was easy. And I will look into 1) myself with a Hex Editor as I still have some notes on how to change that, and will check the footage of the 2005 CL final to see what pitch type fits best.

More
2 years 4 months ago #145600 by Playaveli

- [SPEEDRUN] : after choosing team, when we choose VIEW SELECTED TEAMS it clears/reset our pick, and we need choose 2 teams again.

We will recheck this!

- [SPEEDRUN] : after Esc at TRY AGAIN option we must again pick strategy and pitch, maybe adding REDO option that only reset match itself could be better/time saving for the players

Switch off PITCH SELECTION in your main options! Then you won't be bothered.
I like to see the tactic screen again, for quick adjustments in case run did not go well.

- [SPEEDRUN] : is there a possibility to add/choose FROZEN pitch?

We were thinking about it, but then we want all runs to be comparable, so we just went with NORMAL pitch as default.

- [REVISIT HISTORY] : does other legend matches/challanges will be added?

In the future, yes!

More
2 years 4 months ago #145606 by chaoz2eyez
Guys, does time counter in DOS 1 goal challange working ok?
Because I reach 2.040 sec and it doesn't upload on the ranking :(
I maked couple retries and finally achieved 2.051 and still it wasn't applied in leaderbords.
Attachments:

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #145608 by starwindz
Replied by starwindz on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports

Guys, does time counter in DOS 1 goal challange working ok?
Because I reach 2.040 sec and it doesn't upload on the ranking :(
I maked couple retries and finally achieved 2.051 and still it wasn't applied in leaderbords.

Probably did you press ESC when winning screen appeared? If so the game record would not be saved. can you check this out?
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by starwindz.

More
2 years 4 months ago #145609 by chaoz2eyez
No ESC, definitely. Checked leaderboards and my ingame time 2.030 in last run boards is 2.347, and time 2.020 is 2.246 in leaderboard. So maybe the in-game timer is not correct for me. Still it's only in DOS version, AMIGA is correct. Strange.

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #145610 by captaincofresi
Not really a bug on version 3.0.7A, more of a request on View Higlights: when pressing -i- on the View Highlights it Removes the square with the controls. But when I then exit and load a higlight again, it is there again. Can you make it stick so that it does not re-appear once it has been turned off?
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by captaincofresi. Reason: version added

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #145611 by captaincofresi

Thanks for all the new upgrades Starwindz and Playaveli, just great work for just two people. I have not seen any bugs, apart from the allready reported Replay files not working, for Full Replays as reported by others. For me this is no bother, as I just use View Highlights since I just have so many already of these I want to go through to make a goal scoring collection now that the colors have been fixed ;-).

A-) Must have (stopped playing v 3.0 due to this, will just keep playing the stable 2.4.1 until this is updated and the bugs for highlights are fixed):
- Animation of three SWOS players in menu: If I click fast on a menu item to skip this animation, then please do not resume the animation when I return to the Main Menu screen. Or have the option to turn off the animation in the Launcher beforehand.

B-) Nice to have:
- Before View Highlights / Replay opens have these options:
* * * Turn off the Replay Control HUD (so that you do have the option to record everything, on Cup Finals it blocks the Cup between the benches on my pitches). And for my Bandicam Full Screen recordings I would not want that Control HUD on screen.
* * * Show what the controls are beforehand: Cursor keys control the Forward / Rewind (left / right) and the Speed Up / Slow Down (up / down) - since these controls does not change anyways to the 'current controller' on my re-defined controls on the USB keypad, that has zero control during the View Highlight / Replay.
* * * Set speed to 0.5 from the start.

C-) In Practice, it would be nice to always have a goal kick on your own goal line instead of a reset on a corner. So you can practice that, how to kick out a ball to your team. What high balls / low balls might work (as opponnents will ruin quite some of these I think).

As for these points made on an earlier version. For version 3.0.7A:
- A-) It's a pity the game makes me wait, before I can play due to the 'little player animation' that is added to the main menu. So I really hope, when you get the Speedrun bugs all fixed you have time to change this so that the animation is optional (as I have everything set in the Launcher to be quick at Advanced Tab, for Skip & Delay). Until then I will just stick with the stable, and clean and fast 2.4.1 version.
- B-) Seems to have been covered by the Replay Controls I really had to search for, only just discovered that in the Launcher there is an extra tab called 'Replay Controls'.
- C-) Well, this would just be nice to have. To have the option of a goal kick on your own goal line instead of a corner, as you can then practice goal kicks on one side of the pitch and corners on the other side of the pitch.
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by captaincofresi. Reason: smiley made from characters, preventing that now

More
2 years 4 months ago #145612 by Playaveli
A) Why wait? Just go play, FRIENDLY, DIY or whatever... you don't have to wait for anything, regardless of the little players.

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds