SWOS 2020 - bug reports

More
2 years 4 months ago #145639 by starwindz
Replied by starwindz on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports

In 3.0.7A Players appear / dissaper at top/bottom half of screen (just tested it once, due to the strain the animation in the main menu is for me, so can test more later on, when there is the option to turn that off; as you said, this will take some time).

Starwindz: "hmm... it looks I cannot reproduce this issue. can you share the highlight file you tested? "

So yes, in the attatchment is the Highlights file. Here is some additional info on the settings I used:
Screen Mode: Widescreen.
Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080 [v] Full Screen (on).

this bug has been confirmed. this will be fixed in the next update

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #145653 by studavis
Replied by studavis on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports
So I'm using a wired controller with SWOS 2020 all up to date. Sometimes during the game, my controller goes crazy and will default to running players up the pitch without pressing any buttons, you have to press down to just turn them around and stop them. Nothing I can do stops this.

Controller is fine as I use it in tonnes of other games without issue. I am emulating SWOS in Wine on MacOS and its flawless apart from this.

I'm convinced I read on here or Facebook before someone else having this issue, is it a known problem?

More
2 years 4 months ago #145655 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports

So I'm using a wired controller with SWOS 2020 all up to date. Sometimes during the game, my controller goes crazy and will default to running players up the pitch without pressing any buttons, you have to press down to just turn them around and stop them. Nothing I can do stops this.

Controller is fine as I use it in tonnes of other games without issue. I am emulating SWOS in Wine on MacOS and its flawless apart from this.

I'm convinced I read on here or Facebook before someone else having this issue, is it a known problem?

Try to install DS4Windows into the same bottle.
If that does not help, use JoystickMapper for MAC. That'll do.

More
2 years 4 months ago #145656 by studavis
Replied by studavis on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports
Ok, I've partly figured this out. It's to do with the L2 and R2 buttons. If you tap these it does some weird forced up (R2) and down (L2) autofire type thing. You can also see this when you go into the 'Redefine Controllers' menu and press those buttons.

As soon as you press pass (A button) it sort of resets the autofire and everything is back to normal. Is there a way to disable L2 and R2 in SWOS, not sure what purpose they serve??

More
2 years 4 months ago #145658 by captaincofresi

In 3.0.7A Players appear / dissaper at top/bottom half of screen (just tested it once, due to the strain the animation in the main menu is for me, so can test more later on, when there is the option to turn that off; as you said, this will take some time).

Starwindz: "hmm... it looks I cannot reproduce this issue. can you share the highlight file you tested? "

So yes, in the attatchment is the Highlights file. Here is some additional info on the settings I used:
Screen Mode: Widescreen.
Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080 [v] Full Screen (on).

this bug has been confirmed. this will be fixed in the next update

hi, on version 3.0.9 this is still happening a lot with older Highlights file. It seems that the Highlight file I provided before (AAALIVBAYCLSEMI041121.HIL) , is the only one that works correctly. And if that one is working correctly, all the others that follow do too.

In the attatchment is a ZIP file, with a couple of Highlights that cause the players still to dissapear at the top/bottom of the screen. So it kinda looks like it has been fixed for that one specific Highlight file(AAALIVBAYCLSEMI041121.HIL) I provided earlier to debug this. And the interesting thing is that when I do load that Highlight that does work correctly, and open another that did not work, it suddenly works correctly.

Therefore I also included the AAALIVBAYCLSEMI041121.HIL file, so you can compare those files.
Attachments:

More
2 years 4 months ago #145659 by Playaveli
Do they disappear too, if you select original screenmode?

More
2 years 4 months ago #145660 by captaincofresi

Well, now that you mention it:
- Original Amiga Screen: Full screen & windowed, exactly the same as for Widescreen (so loading that specific Higlight file that I posted for debugging it, if I use that once, press ESC, and then open others somehow that fixes it).
- Original PC DOS Screen: Seem to be no problems at all.

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #145661 by starwindz
Replied by starwindz on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports

Well, now that you mention it:
- Original Amiga Screen: Full screen & windowed, exactly the same as for Widescreen (so loading that specific Higlight file that I posted for debugging it, if I use that once, press ESC, and then open others somehow that fixes it).
- Original PC DOS Screen: Seem to be no problems at all.

new replay code of 3.0 version has an internal feature to detect automatically which screen mode was recorded in by checking the camera positions in the replay file. it looks there is some problem in this algorithm. this problem will be corrected in 3.0.10. thanks for the info
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by starwindz.

More
2 years 4 months ago #145662 by Sprudel
Replied by Sprudel on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports
Hi, I am playing the latest SWOS 2020/2021 update v1.1 on my MIST FPGA.
I have tried both the WHDLOAD version as well as the ADF version.
I should say that with my configuration on the MIST FPGA I can play SWOS 97/98 WHDLOAD without any issues.
So what's wrong exactly:
when I start the game and I am in the main menu the joystick behaves super weird: when I move the Joystick to the right it will directly move the menu highlighter to the left (and it keeps doing this).
Was there any change in the WHDLOAD configuration?

Thanks in advance.

More
2 years 4 months ago #145663 by Playaveli
First, I would suggest to use the HDF version. It’s the most stable release. Put in an adf to save your careers etc.

To solve the control issues, disable the mouse port, PORT 0. Or, plug a joystick in Port 0 and move that in all directions once. That’ll do!

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds