Re: Sociable Soccer - Jon Hare's new football game is on KICKSTARTER!

More
8 years 5 months ago #131229 by higgipoker

well I cant raise that amount 150k, but Jon Hare can do this, if he would say: NEW SWOS

we have a lot of SWOS Clones already .... like 10 or so ... all had no big success.

I think a new SWOS made by Jon Hare AND Coders from community would be the best solution.... then we could reach the goal

That s why I asked if Jon Hare was necessary. You replied:

it is not a must

*shrug*
The topic has been locked.
8 years 5 months ago #131235 by ElMichaJ
translation problems .... the question was asked like do we need him really? in my ears/eyes ;) ...

sure jon hare could help a lot in marketing, found raising, coding and project management.
but coding a new swos can be possible without him, if all coders in swos community work together (currently everyone is coding his own clone....)

I say it again:

- build a swos with good netcode (like AMIGA or PC SWOS online)
- build online career like SWOS IT has done (i like this very much, great job!)
- build online competition like we have done (sensiblesoccer.de national and international leagues and cup)

all this 3 master features were built by the community, because the community wanted to have it.
So old SWOS with these 3 master features ... and you will get THE BEST CHANCES to get 150.000 pounds with jon hare as master

Community Features + Jon Hare = REAL NEW SWOS = best success

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!
More
8 years 5 months ago #131236 by higgipoker

translation problems .... the question was asked like do we need him really? in my ears/eyes ;) ...

sure jon hare could help a lot in marketing, found raising, coding and project management.
but coding a new swos can be possible without him, if all coders in swos community work together (currently everyone is coding his own clone....)

I say it again:

- build a swos with good netcode (like AMIGA or PC SWOS online)
- build online career like SWOS IT has done (i like this very much, great job!)
- build online competition like we have done (sensiblesoccer.de national and international leagues and cup)

all this 3 master features were built by the community, because the community wanted to have it.
So old SWOS with these 3 master features ... and you will get THE BEST CHANCES to get 150.000 pounds with jon hare as master

Community Features + Jon Hare = REAL NEW SWOS = best success

Fair enough bro. We ll agree to disagree on that one. I would stick with my original assessment - a Jon Hare game (any game) with the power of the Sensible Soccer name behind it will be very lucky to raise 50k.

And without the financial incentive, as you rightly point out, everyone ends up doing things on their own terms (me included!).

Out of interest, have you any statistics on how many people are playing online this past year?
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #131238 by ElMichaJ
yes maybe even 50 k is much, and 150 is more like a dream ... yep

i took a look in database:

2014 and 2015 there were 200 online active players ....
in the last 10 years it were like 2500 ranked players....

this number could be doubled when game start and lobby is easier and result entering would be ingame
we loose a lot of interested gamers by having problems with hosting, game starting and result entering

i think a complete new SWOS game with that wished features and nice online lobby could reach a number a bit below than 10k spreaded over 2 or 3 years...

sounds a bit optimistic, but if all people work together, this should be possible

publish this on steam for 10 ro 15 euro as an indie game ....
200 k Euro are possible then

just a simple short thinking calculation, but maybe real

by the way: an offline tournament master server would be nice. so that you can play DIY tournaments with group and KO stages and you can play each match on each LAN connected PC (fifa feature in the late 90s) by picking the game from open matches table ^^

More
8 years 5 months ago #131240 by higgipoker

yes maybe even 50 k is much, and 150 is more like a dream ... yep

i took a look in database:

2014 and 2015 there were 200 online active players ....
in the last 10 years it were like 2500 ranked players....

this number could be doubled when game start and lobby is easier and result entering would be ingame
we loose a lot of interested gamers by having problems with hosting, game starting and result entering

i think a complete new SWOS game with that wished features and nice online lobby could reach a number a bit below than 10k spreaded over 2 or 3 years...

sounds a bit optimistic, but if all people work together, this should be possible

publish this on steam for 10 ro 15 euro as an indie game ....
200 k Euro are possible then

just a simple short thinking calculation, but maybe real

Interesting stats, thanks!

Like you mentioned, the big problem would be the lack of organisation. As developer myself, honestly I would not be interested in making a straight sensi clone (for free). I d want to add my own personal enhancements and quirks.

It s so subjective - the hardcore players who have honed their skills rave about the sensi ball physics and criticise anything that s not exactly the same. Frankly, I think my own game has much better ball physics than the original sensi already.

I think there s a psychological element to it too - they ve spent so much time becoming a great sensi player, they are afraid of losing their rank and maybe not being such a good player with a new game.

For what it s worth, I m planning on adding all the features you mentioned to my project. But like I said, hardcore fans won t like the changes to the feel of the game, and it s a slow process doing it at weekends when I get some free time/am in the mood!
8 years 5 months ago #131241 by ElMichaJ
this game exists now 20 years :)
players are getting older ;)

maybe it would be a good solution to start with a real swos for the fan base.
then add some mods of your thoughts. just combine new and old version, so all parties are happy.

like in government ...:
dont try to convince people with your ideas ....
try to let them think, that your ideas are theirs :D

More
8 years 5 months ago #131243 by higgipoker

maybe it would be a good solution to start with a real swos for the fan base.
then add some mods of your thoughts. just combine new and old version, so all parties are happy.

That is exactly what I am doing man ;)
More
8 years 5 months ago #131244 by higgipoker
Well, this little discussion has at least peaked my motivation again... I m off to program the player controlled goal kick state... ;D
  • steviebwoy78
  • steviebwoy78's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 5 months ago #131245 by steviebwoy78
haha, exactly man, stop rabbiting on forums and get to work! ;)
More
8 years 5 months ago #131248 by higgipoker

haha, exactly man, stop rabbiting on forums and get to work! ;)

yessir!
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds