Re: The SWOS FAQ

More
16 years 7 months ago #26967 by daimaou
Replied by daimaou on topic Re: The SWOS FAQ
Pallister, good point there. But we know that in a carreer even if our players price increase their stats remain exactly the same, but of course the keepers don t have any stats, so is the price what makes the keeper better? Or do they have some hidden stats that would also remain constant with the price increase?
Actually I have a very hard time to say who is the best keeper in the game, they are all very unstable and I think some defend some kind of shots better than others.
Keepers are a mysterious side of swos for me :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #26968 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: The SWOS FAQ
Keepers are only as good as their starting value in a career. Same with players... increasing prizes DOESN T mean increasing skills.
And for a fact, Schmeichel is the best keeper in SWOS.

But that is pretty vague, because all swos keepers suck if certain slow rolling ballings pass them and they fall like a grandfather on the sidewalk stone.
Or shots from the sweet-spots (Gepard goal etc...). The are always in.

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #26969 by Oli O.
Replied by Oli O. on topic Re: The SWOS FAQ

thanks for the quick responses.

But, is blocking not the main function of a wall?^^

That s not a valid argument, Oli O. That it has no other functions than blocking shots has nothing to do with the question.

I have played sensible since SWOS 96/97 came out, and I have yet to see a set piece freekick not blocked. I might be shooting incorrectly, I might not be aiming right. (still, that has nothing to do with the functions of the wall).

Why do you want to shoot through the wall? It is like in real football, the wall will block most shots. Try a lob over the wall or pass to your next player and then shoot, head or tackle your next goal.
What else do you want from the wall than blocking? Shooting owngoals?

More
16 years 7 months ago #26970 by Playaveli
@ Cathaya

Test this tactic (see attached file) with AC Milan or another good team which can play 4-4-2. ALL values will rise.
Attachments:

More
16 years 7 months ago #26972 by daimaou
Replied by daimaou on topic Re: The SWOS FAQ

Keepers are only as good as their starting value in a career. Same with players... increasing prizes DOESN T mean increasing skills.

Yes, but keepers don t have skills, so do you think they have some kind of hidden skills that are defined by their price maybe?

But that is pretty vague, because all swos keepers suck if certain slow rolling ballings pass them and they fall like a grandfather on the sidewalk stone.
Or shots from the sweet-spots (Gepard goal etc...). The are always in.

I think that s ok, I mean the thing that bothers me in a lot of games is the type of superman keepers that save everything. Realisticly if you shot at 2 meters from the goal line or if you are face to face with the keeper inside the area in real soccer, you will score 99% of the time. What really bothers me in swos keepers is that in some games the keeper seems to let every stupid lame shot in, than on the next one they do incredible saves.

More
16 years 7 months ago #26973 by Playaveli

Yes, but keepers don t have skills, so do you think they have some kind of hidden skills that are defined by their price maybe?

Why do you think I posted the original SWOS manual! ;) Print to burn or to read?

More
16 years 7 months ago #26983 by Cathaya
Replied by Cathaya on topic Re: The SWOS FAQ

Why do you want to shoot through the wall?

You are putting words in my mouth/keyboard :-X. I never mentioned anything about through a wall. I want to shoot over the wall. Which is more common in real football than through the wall or into the wall. I ve never seen that in SWOS.

It is like in real football, the wall will block most shots.

1. Untrue, In real football most of the time the ball will go over the wall (and most of the time end up being saved or go over the goal/too much to the side of the goal). 2. Comparing sensible soccer to real soccer is not really an argument. (even though I referred to real football, myself, in the above mentioned).

What else do you want from the wall than blocking? Shooting owngoals?

Again, I am not talking about what I want from the wall, but what I want from the player who is taking the free kick.
Example: Say I pose the question: why does my keeper let in 12 goals per match?
Would you reply that with What do you want from the keeper, to never let in goals?
That would be an irrelevant response. A relevant one would be your keeper is not good enough, or your defensive tactics are not set right, and i.e. are letting the opponent take easy shots.

@Playaveli: Thanks a lot, I ll check out the tactics.

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #26986 by Oli O.
You also never said, that you want to shoot over the wall. ;)

The players in wall are even able to block a middlehigh-lob, so this is no solution for scoring (for me a middlehigh lob is also shooting in to the wall). The chances for scoring are better with straight shooting, because sometimes it goes through, the middlehigh lob does not.

Try a high lob (close to opponents goals a high lob is too wide) or pass to your next player. I do this and most others, too.

More
16 years 7 months ago #26988 by Cathaya
Replied by Cathaya on topic Re: The SWOS FAQ
thanks, Oli. and I ll see you to in denmark in October, hopefully :)

More
16 years 7 months ago #26989 by Oli O.
Sorry, don t have time and money for any more cups this year. After 2 x Kopenhagen, Berlin and Sensidays my SWOS-season is over. :D

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds