Re: The SWOS FAQ

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #26783 by Cathaya
The SWOS FAQ was created by Cathaya
I would like some of these questions answered, and it s silly to create threads for just 1-2 questions, so this can be the SWOS wiki-FAQ, meaning everyone can ask questions about SWOS in here.
Here we go:

Can you control the goalkeeper during a match, or when there are penalty kicks?

What effect does the and the red X have on the game/players/tactics/injuries etc.?

In career mode, how do you improve a players value (score goals? play many games? win games?) ?

what do the skill letters to the right of the player names stand for (I think T is tackling, and S shooting)?

How does one avoid getting players injured?

Can the computer teams get injuries?

What s the best team in SWOS?

Which players hold the best skills (who s the best tackler, shooter, header etc.) ?

Which ways are good to execute a corner kick (short ball? curved ball inside the box?) ?

more to come...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #26786 by Pallister
Replied by Pallister on topic Re: The SWOS FAQ
Hi there!

My answers:

Can you control the goalkeeper during a match, or when there are penalty kicks? --- No!

What effect does the and the red X have on the game/players/tactics/injuries etc.? --- A green Tick only means that you re player will raise his value on this position in the career mode.

In career mode, how do you improve a players value (score goals? play many games? win games?) ? --- Look above :D

what do the skill letters to the right of the player names stand for (I think T is tackling, and S shooting)? ---- T u mentioned right. S is Speed. V is shootstrength, F is finishing (means that your player has a hard shot in the box of the opponent), C means Ball-Control and H is Heading.

How does one avoid getting players injured? ---- Be a chicken and run away, there is no other possibility ;D

Can the computer teams get injuries? --- On the pitch u can see it, yes. But when u look at the team after the match u ll see that there is no injure. So it s not possible. Whyever...

What s the best team in SWOS? --- Well, that fits to your style. But from the Overall Skillpoints it s Real Madrid, Brazil, Italy, Barcelona, Ajax.

Which players hold the best skills (who s the best tackler, shooter, header etc.) ? ---- There are too much players who have the best skills. Best skill number is 7 or 15. Look here: database.swos.info/index.html

Which ways are good to execute a corner kick (short ball? curved ball inside the box?) ? ---- There are different kind of cornerkicks. Try it in some online games or see how other players try to score.

More
16 years 7 months ago #26791 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: The SWOS FAQ

what do the skill letters to the right of the player names stand for (I think T is tackling, and S shooting)? ---- T and S u mentioned right. V is shootstrength, F is finishing (means that your player has a hard shot in the box of the opponent), C means Ball-Control and H is Heading.

And P = Passing!

More
16 years 7 months ago #26797 by Oli O.
Replied by Oli O. on topic Re: The SWOS FAQ
S = shooting and V = Shootstrengh??? No, no!!!

S = Speed and V = Velocity (shooting)

More
16 years 7 months ago #26802 by Pallister
Replied by Pallister on topic Re: The SWOS FAQ
HAHAHA...i read Speed and because of this I said yes, u mentioned right! Sure, S is Speed. But Velocity? Velocity means what? The V describes the shootstrength, no doubt about it! U said shooting...where is the difference to shootstrength?

More
16 years 7 months ago #26807 by SuechtelnRanger
Replied by SuechtelnRanger on topic Re: The SWOS FAQ
Hi, is it possibel to have a match in friendly mode with pk after a draw? I hate it, to play against a friend and finishing the match with a draw.

More
16 years 7 months ago #26808 by EreWeGo
Replied by EreWeGo on topic Re: The SWOS FAQ

Hi, is it possibel to have a match in friendly mode with pk after a draw? I hate it, to play against a friend and finishing the match with a draw.

Create a tournament with just two teams, then you can set rules like extra time, pk s etc

More
16 years 7 months ago #26809 by daimaou
Replied by daimaou on topic Re: The SWOS FAQ
Actually V means Volley I think. Velocity can make some sense as well as in shot speed, higher V values means faster/powerfull shots...

But Velocity? Velocity means what?

To answer Palli... And to help us all to improve our physics knowledge, after a quick google search Velocity is the rate of change of displacement with time and Velocity is the first derivative of displacement with respect to time. .
Not exactly the same thing as Speed, Speed is the rate of change of distance with time and Speed is the rate of change of distance with time .
See? Displacement and Distance, two different things, so velocity isn t the same as speed, interesting eheh.

Now that I know this I m sure I will be a much better swos player ;D

More
16 years 7 months ago #26811 by SuechtelnRanger
Replied by SuechtelnRanger on topic Re: The SWOS FAQ

Create a tournament with just two teams, then you can set rules like extra time, pk s etc

Ok, thx. :)

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #26813 by Oli O.
Replied by Oli O. on topic Re: The SWOS FAQ

HAHAHA...i read Speed and because of this I said yes, u mentioned right! Sure, S is Speed. But Velocity? Velocity means what? The V describes the shootstrength, no doubt about it! U said shooting...where is the difference to shootstrength?

Velocity is the shotpower, yes. But the difference of Velocity to Shotstrengh is the first letter (V instead of another S after S peed). ;)

Actually V means Volley I think. Velocity can make some sense as well as in shot speed, higher V values means faster/powerfull shots...

If V would be Volley, where then is the normal shooting skill? - So, it can t be Volley. In the manual you can read: V = shot power . V must be Velocity.

Time to create page: 0.355 seconds