Re: Sociable Soccer - Jon Hare's new football game is on KICKSTARTER!

More
8 years 4 months ago #131331 by HairFU
Is there any plan if they miss the goal of 300 000 (as it totaly look at the moment)?
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 4 months ago #131332 by higgipoker

Is there any plan if they miss the goal of 300 000 (as it totaly look at the moment)?

We ve been speculating on that in the comments.

Barring some viral reddit thread, there is no chance of raising 300k. I don t think they ll abandon the game though, too much development been done on it already. Probably come back with a more realistic target and less features.

Or maybe release a stripped down game with no kickstarter at all.
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #131333 by Retrieving

too much development been done on it already. Probably come back with a more realistic target and less features.

Too much development? Game s been in development for a little over a month and it s as barebone and generic as they come, which is precisely why the Kickstarter is going nowhere. Real talk.

Also, any less feature than what they currently plan on implementing in the game and they ll be selling us long shots and throw-ins as DLC. :P

I m not writing it off just yet because I m absolutely certain that Jon is still fully capable of delivering quality software, seeing as he s one of the most brilliant game designers out there, but that Kickstarter campaign man... SMH.

More
8 years 4 months ago #131334 by higgipoker

too much development been done on it already. Probably come back with a more realistic target and less features.

Too much development? Game s been in development for a little over a month and it s as barebone and generic as they come, which is precisely why the Kickstarter is going nowhere. Real talk.

Too much development to trash the project. My opinion. I think they ll continue regardless.

More
8 years 4 months ago #131338 by tommyboo

Tommyboo! Wow, that s a blast from the past! :D! Ola buddy!

Hello hello :) I remember you from the old Codies forum, nice to see some familiar names in here.

The new gameplay video looks really good and definitely very sensible to me. The ball looks a bit heavy to me, and I don t really like the motion trail that the ball leaves behind, but those two are pretty much my only complaints so far. It s a shame that the Kickstarter campaign isn t going very well, they need some big publicity and soon, otherwise I m afraid that this project won t be funded. I m quite confident that the game will still go ahead in one way or another, but I wouldn t want to risk it.
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #131341 by Playaveli

There s a new video and it s a promising one, I have to say.

[flash=500,400]www.youtube.com/v/8LzWVHN6Arc[/flash]

Looks good at that stage of development.
That SWOS is their dev-reference at any stage can be clearly seen in certain parts:
- ball physic (criteria: ground speed of low passes)
- player movement (not activated players move very familiar to SWOS tactic s scheme)
- player activation
- player s ball reception (auto-activation, running a short distance towards the ball to receive it)
- camera movement

Promising.

To be worked on:
- Ball bounce needs to be worked on. It’s too „bouncy-ball-ish“.
- Ball’s flying attributes (When a player shoots the ball’s trajectory needs to be refined. It seems symmetric now, but a ball should have a longer ascending curve whereas the descending curve is shorter.)
  • steviebwoy78
  • steviebwoy78's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #131348 by steviebwoy78

Promising.

After 6 weeks work, I agree wholeheartedly with you. I think it looks really promising. I think Jon definitely has the ability to guide his team of developers into making a great football game.

My hope, if the Kickstarter fails, is that he ll ditch the multiplayer aspects, and just develop an offline football game - or perhaps one with just a rudimental 1v1 online mode. To be honest, I think that s all we need, and the game could be scaled down in a very positive way - keep the single player modes, the tournaments and the hotseat stuff. Ditch the online clans and avatars.

Then, if the game is a success, go all out and add career mode and the online stuff Jon s already spoken about.
More
8 years 4 months ago #131399 by Black Rebel
I think we should keep an optimistic view on the Kickstarter campaign, even if the goal looks far. I think there is almost a month to go and many people haven´t really noticed yet the project is on.

So a good idea would be to share it as much as possible so more people is aware.
More
8 years 4 months ago #131422 by Playaveli

Jon Hare says:

Thank you very much for your support, you’re the reason we’re making this game in the first place.
Development is continuing full steam ahead but unfortunately the Kickstarter campaign will be closing within the next 12 hours. Don’t worry, Sociable Soccer is still happening and will be coming out in due course through traditional publishing channels. We’ll be posting regular updates, so please follow our progress on the Sociable Soccer Facebook page, Playstation Blog and in the games media.
We’re currently in the office, so if you have any questions feel free to reach out here on the Kickstarter page tonight.
Thank you for your continued support, we love you all.
Jon Team

• steviebwoy78
  • steviebwoy78's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #131425 by steviebwoy78
Sounds to me like they might have a publisher..?
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds