Re: Sensible Days 2007

More
16 years 8 months ago #25158 by dzem
Replied by dzem on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
I like the idea of giving a chance to keep playing after group stage to as many players as possible.
And it s not only because I am likely not to qualify;-P

Well, one more option is, as follows:
3 players from each group qualify straight into KO and players from 4th and 5th place play one round of KO, so there is 12+4=16.

That s just an alternative to above ideas. This way there is no random thing . Winners of KO for 4-5 places, get another chance and play vs winners of each group. Anyway, whatever you decide, I m sure all players will like it.

One more idea is to create a KO for eliminated players. They would play for a 17th place cup (or medal, or bottle of vodka or anything else) ;-) I know it may sound silly, but I m sure it s gonna be fun for all people.

Of course, you know best if there is enough time and equipment for it. Just a suggestion;D

greets..

P.S. LifeSenseDays gonna be awesome!! ;-D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #25168 by Junior
Replied by Junior on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
Hey Playa, I can bring you a mic, no prob.

And by the way: I m very happy that mt653 is coming. There s no reason to be enemies over such an issue. I m looking forward to shaking his hands and kicking his ass (swos-wise that is).
I hope this will bring an end to the rather uncormfortable notion that ss.de is somehow on their knees bending every rule to appeal to the ISSA crew. That is ridicilous. ISSA promised to join Sensible Days way before any rules were ever changed, and we haven t pressured anyone into changing any rules. The only, and I really do mean only, reason that Playa and Redhair changed the rule is because they, after having participated in a lot of different tournaments, realised that this is the best way to do it for Sensible Days. It has nothing to do with me being bored, though I would love to live in a world where rules were changed every time I felt they were boring. It s a nice scenario, unfortunately it has nothing to do with reality. Anyway, let s put all this behind us. See you all on friday!

ooh, just one more thing: Torpedo: you have a really bad habit of introducing new tournament solutions in the very last minute! You did the same at last ISSA. I m sure your idea is really good, but organizers prefer these things to be discussed in good time.

More
16 years 8 months ago #25170 by torpedo
Replied by torpedo on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007

I m sure your idea is really good,

with quote above in mind, i don t see a problem ;) thanks for agreeing!

the meaning of time, and especially meaning of a good time, or more precisely right time - well, it s just relative.

More
16 years 8 months ago #25171 by Junior
Replied by Junior on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
Looking forward to seeing you again, Torpedo. What music will you be playing in you iPod during the tournament this time?

More
16 years 8 months ago #25172 by torpedo
it s Wagner this time, probably. i m sorting it out, btw, right now.

and of course, looking forward to meet you all, as well. time to beat Playaveli, guys! :)

More
16 years 8 months ago #25176 by Marin Parushev
Torpedo s idea is not bad. I seriously doubt that anyone who ended 5-th or 6-th will reach QF. But as Torpedo wrote - this will bring joy to more people whose goal was to reach K/O rounds. And indeed competing in a K/O is much different than a group stage game. Considering the fact that the level of the tournaments will be very high I support the idea of creating an extra K/O round for 3-rd - 6-th placed in their group.

More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #25208 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
Hmm, I thought about it once more. It s still nice but their is also an argument against it.

We as organizers shouldn t be in the position to please players by more KO round places. You will play in a group with (ca.) 10 players. You have ca. 18 matches time to be at least 4th. 18 matches, where you can (and must) prove that you DESERVE to be among the best 16, and with that you please yourself.
And taking part in this event with so many good players everybody has to consider the option to be knocked out in the groups...

I think lowering the qualification place from 4th to 6th will take some fire out of the competition (could be)...
(Just to name some intensions)

We haven t decided yet.
Thanks for delivering more pro contra.

More
16 years 8 months ago #25209 by torpedo
some additional contras:

- some players in last 16 ko stage will be warmed up because of playing preliminary ko round
- on the other hand, after playing one more match before last 16, they can be allready tired, especially if it was an additional match neccesary.
- it takes time to play extra matches

some additional pros:

@ take some fire out of the competition

- i think it may be exactly the other way: players would prefer to finish at first two places, so there will be battle for that, and also for at least 6th, so the group of players actually playing for something will be bigger.

and of course remember all the pros i mentioned before, and all the contras Playaveli mentioned.

More
16 years 8 months ago #25217 by dzem
Replied by dzem on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
well, on the second thought I agree with Playa that 4 teams qualifying are just perfect. I never liked competitions where there were too many player qualifying.

But I still think that KO for players at 5-8 places for 17th place cup is fun. It doesn t need any reward for the winner (except from glory and splendor;-).

The fact that friendly-online-weak-teams-leagues (or bomb events) are so popular, proves that people here really enjoy competition, even if it s weird;-)

More
16 years 8 months ago #25222 by torpedo

I never liked competitions where there were too many player qualifying.

of course i am sure that no matter how many players qualify to the ko rounds, it s still going to be great event. but more or less dissapointing for 8 players. it s not like this 8 players fate is the most important thing i m looking forward to, but i find this idea quite interesting.

and don t tell me you didn t like 1986 World Cup, please! :) it was the best ever football tournament in the history of discipline. and out of 24 teams, 16 has qualified to ko, that gives 66,66%. :)

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds