Re: Sensible Days 2007

More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #24992 by Oli O.
Replied by Oli O. on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
Superteams are no option on Sensidays, because we play with original SWOS data. Superteams are not original data, so nobody has to think about pro/contra of this. But, of course, there are some arguments for pro and contra.

If some people are bored with normal friendlies instead of DIY, it is their own problem!

From organizer s point of view:
- DIY saves all groups-results in a correct way on the computer!
In transferring friendly-matches results to Excel/League-Tool etc. there always can be mistakes which might falsify the whole league- ranking- tournament. I experienced this at the Danish Open and other events.
- DIY forces all players to play at fixed moments because SWOS says when you have to. There is a little pressure to hurry up, very good for our timetable.

From my point of view:
- DIY has its own dynamic, so the event will be more exciting than it already is. I don t feel bored with friendlies, I like them and I like DIY, too. But as an organizer I love DIY. ;)

P.S.: I ll go by train. I hope the train drivers will work... :-\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #24993 by dzem
Replied by dzem on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
Mt653,

I think it was 2nd time that you finished your post with question for just letting you share your opinion.
But the answer was given (dis - and advantages of DIY were stated long ago, and it didn t change their mind. They chosed rules and are ready to go on with them).
I didn t count all voices and I don t think all participants have claimed their preferences, but it seems most people are ready and happy to play DIY league.
Now. Unless you want to force the way of tour that is wanted only by minority, there is nothing that we can achieve with this discussion.
The only thing we can get now is that some people will look at others angrily (You even don t want to be near ISSA on the list of players. What about playing against them offline?)

I agree with you that DIY league can change scores, comparing to friendlies. I m also afraid that I will lose possibility to qualify from group with just a one point which was lost in a strange match wihtout my stirkers. But all players have the same situation, so it s fair.

This discussion has been going for quite long, so I don t remember everything. But unless ISSA people strongly insulted you, I feel it was unfair to request removing you from the list.

P.S. Thanks go to Mark for giving me a lift. I will have petrol for your extra kilometers (you prefer vodka or beer?:)

More
16 years 8 months ago #24994 by Stromberg
Replied by Stromberg on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
Noones there to lift me so I prolly go the one-way via train (damn expensive german shitmobiles...) and get back with Colorado, Wänä, Pallister.

Btw: I don t like the DIY stuff too. On CGC I liked Pallis way with a fixed list of games that were attached to the tables. The DIY thing is completely fair at minute 0. After that it gets randomized. This can be interesting but it can also suck badly for some ppl (as we discussed like 10 pages before).

More
16 years 8 months ago #25004 by Emmeti
Replied by Emmeti on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
@ Dzem

Yes the discussion was over, i just felt the need to reply to Dabomb considering he quoted me, that s all, but then playaveli came and...well you know what happened.

But unless ISSA people strongly insulted you, I feel it was unfair to request removing you from the list.

i ve never played pc swos , never!
I can t be in the same list with such professional players , i don t belong there, being a pc swos noob and also i don t want to be there.
I told to playaveli i didn t want to be in the pc swos profile page few days ago, but he told me that sensidays is his event and he does what he wants...fair enough.

Btw after some private IRC conversations, playaveli told me i am not welcome anymore at sensidays and he doesn t want to give me a lift to pirmasens. I am not here saying he did wrong or he did right, that just happened i am sure he had his reasons to say that.
Considering i have no amiga controller (he was supposed to prepare one for me modifying a pc gamepad) and i am a pc noob too,at this point it s useless for me to go there....
It kinda sucks because i spent 65 euro for plane tickets, whatever...i will survive.

The good news : the problem of pc profile is solved !

More
16 years 8 months ago #25009 by m.c.t.
Replied by m.c.t. on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
Oh, c mon... Playaveli also said that everybody is welcome! :) All this conversation is silly, do you know that there are war s in the world, hunger, human traficking... We should enjoy this event, not give up because of little things like this whole conversation here ;) Everybody is welcome!!! I invited over 100 people, and 80 of them are coming with me (I did not tell this yet to Playaveli but I am sure he will love it :))

As far as I understand 4 top players will pass from every group, and that is a good chance to progress further. When we ALL come to Germany, then we will talk about what is the best solution for next year s sensi days (codemasters are burning with desire to sponsor the whole event next year :))...

...Sorry for my bad english...
...I was joking that 80 people are coming with me, sorry Playaveli... :)
...Your airplane ticket was only 65 euros ? Damn, mine cost 180 :/ ...

More
16 years 8 months ago #25012 by Pallister
Replied by Pallister on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007

Btw after some private IRC conversations, playaveli told me i am not welcome anymore at sensidays and he doesn t want to give me a lift to pirmasens.

I only want to know if it s right. Did u really said that, Playa?

More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #25026 by Stromberg
Replied by Stromberg on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
Whatever there is between mt, you and the disliking of things some issa peepz said here: mt paid for the plane, 65 euro is a lot of money which he wouldnt get back, plus he would need one of your controllers. Just get over it, maybe shake hands when you meet or cross the streams or ignore each other. There are enough ppl on this event to have a great time without going on each others nerves too much. Don t let the event be overshadowed by this forum mess about boring swos, unneccessary quotings and false understandings :( I would like to have mt653 on board for sure.

More
16 years 8 months ago #25028 by daimaou
Replied by daimaou on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
And to think all this discussion would be avoided if there was a simple Disable Injuries option in the game. It could simply replace the All Players Teams Equal thing...

More
16 years 8 months ago #25029 by dzem
Replied by dzem on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
Agreed with Stromberg. Nothing to add.

More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #25030 by AndYpsilon
Replied by AndYpsilon on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
I think mt is responsible for Playaveli s opinion because of his own childish behaviour.

When Mt firstly posted that he doesn t want to be in the same list like ISSA people he said this WITHOUT delivering any reason! Why didn t you tell the reason at once?

This reason he gave later on.But that his post was because he is a PC-SWOS noob (mt s words) is just NONSENSE! If that was true, why did you mention only the ISSA people then??? Marin, Greg, MCT, M4rk, Redhair and Playaveli (only to mention a few of the top list) are also excellent PC-SWOSERS but you didn t have any problem to stand in one list with them!!! That seems very unlogical to me!
So, if the noob-thing really was the reason, why didn t you say you don t want to be in the list with the top PC-SWOSERS???

You are just implausible to me, sorry!

Sentences like

fairness is more important than bored ISSA s idea of fun...

proove pretty well that you have problems with ISSA - don t deny it!

Look at Pallister for example: He is also an Amiga-SWOS player and never played PC-SWOS before - but he is in the top list, too, rightly so! You tell me you don t take things serious! So why complaining about a simple, funny list in a forum - you are a good SWOS player and PC-SWOS is much simpler than Amiga-SWOS so where s your problem?? Childish!

DaBomb only wanted to say his opinion in this discussion and mentioned that he doesn t want to have answers. Ok, he quoted you but where s the problem??? We all knew your opinion and you repeated ist again and again and again! Childish!

So, I think Playa s decison is really NOT surprising!

And now, lets have som fun - FINALLY!

P.S. M4rk: I will think about the book ;)

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds