Re: Synchronated Updates

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #92633 by Synchronated
The 2010-11 full English league update has now been posted on the site and blog. Cheers!

This doesn t use FM attributes btw.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #92854 by MIJB#19
Replied by MIJB#19 on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Very interesting stuff, Synchronated!

I d love to get a hand on an easy FM to SWOS converter, to play SWOS with the FM2010 teams (for example).

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #93009 by Synchronated
Since Genie Scout isn t out yet and I found some very out-of-date transfers on FM11, even after processing just a few teams (Valiani at Bologna despite having left in August 2009 and now playing for Parma, Budel playing for Parma when he shouldn t be, for a start - I don t know if this is down to the start date of my game but Valiani would suggest otherwise) as well as bizarre player ratings (they can do this as they re hidden and likely deliberate), I ve converted the whole FIFA11 (patched for after transfer window) database, and it s actually very good IMO. I think this data is probably more suitable for SWOS all things considered.

This is just an Excel sheet of the whole of the output data (without the machinations and slow-running mess found in the full document), all derived straight from FIFA s database:
[link removed as a new one is pending]

Notes about the columns:
Sync ID - Sort by this to revert data to original order, which you ll notice shows the first XI in formation order before the subs for every team, as it appears in FIFA
Club - Name of club
O - this is basic appearance. 1 = blond, 2 = dark hair, 3 = dark skin. Colour coded
No - squad number. If you re using this in SWOS I would stick to 1-11 for first team and 12-16 for subs, otherwise you ll get bugs
Name1 - Player s full name, converted to SWOS all caps, and with most (but not all) of the non-standard non-SWOS characters removed
Name2 - Player s nickname/common name (eg Kaka, Ronaldinho)
Name - Currently hidden, this combines the other two naming fields. This would be of more use if FIFA included Spanish players first names here, hence it s hidden
Pos1 - Player s preferred position, in SWOS terms
Pos2 - Alternative position
Nat - Player s nationality, converted to SWOS terms (CUS = his nationality isn t in SWOS; DR Congo remains ZAI, Serbia = YUG)
P V H T C S F - Skills derived from FIFA attributes via similar algorithm to FM one and balanced for SWOS; if an attribute is deemed to be significantly higher than some others the player has, it will be presented in 8-15 range, but otherwise 0-7
Value - SWOS valuation (eg £2.25m). For outfield players, this is the proper SWOS value from the attributes, and is what will show up in SWOES if you enter them
Value# - An extra, purely-numerical value column, using a lookup to another tab, just so that you can sort the data by players value if you want

Some of the skin/hair colours might warrant a double check and I ve had to change one or two but hey, this is what s there after some minor cleanup. Most of it is pretty spot on IMO.

Make use of the data if you will :) it s *just for recreation* so please don t try to sell it or anything ;)

edit: worth noting/remembering that the skills aren t linear and
0 = 8 (terrible)
1 = 9
2 = 10
3 = 11
4 = 12
5 = 13
6 = 14
7 = 15 (superb)

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #93015 by Retrieving
Replied by Retrieving on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
FIFA doesn t have the J.League and is still missing a bunch of relevant leagues though (Greece and Argentina come to mind).

More
13 years 5 months ago #93016 by Synchronated
I already did the J.League since FM doesn t have it either! That was a priority. No time-frozen data source for that.

If anyone could find a way to inject that data into SWOS files with any speed that would be amazing. For now I m proceeding old-school (internet sources).

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #93136 by Synchronated
Hey all.

I ve designed an Excel sheet which takes the FIFA data team by team, picks the best first-team and substitutes in the right order (in a 4-4-2) and picks shirt numbers (same as real life if 1-11), all arranged for SWOES to take it, and easily exports a .csv containing everything necessary, which SWOES (an unreleased version Whiteulver gave me, which is unfinished and buggy, but very useful for this!) can import (with all the attributes, save for hair colour). So it takes maybe a minute to do each team and then some seconds to check everything is OK with it and do the hair colours, and move on.

I have redone the English league using this, and done the full Italian league too today (note that this is one of the ones where the divisions have to have the old number of teams - all teams are included in the file even if they re not in a division). So these attachments below all have FIFA attributes. The advantage of this is that even lower-division players have unique attribues and they re not based on any template (so all the forwards aren t FHS like before, for example). I hope to do this with most/all of the rest of the data, then use FM to get Greece and Argentina in.

If you guys find any problems with these two files, let me know so I can sort it before I continue!
Cheers
Sync

PS I also attached the J.League (TEAM.055) since I already did it, but this isn t from FIFA of course. This one also has the old division structure but all the teams.

PPS the auto-csv-import method will only take attributes from 0-7, which is no problem, hence the 8-15s that appear on the FIFA data sheet will appear in the SWOS data as 0-7s.
Attachments:

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #93202 by Synchronated
+ full league of Spain

I guess I ll drop these one by one, just here, you guys can play and test them. I ll compile them all once I m done. Let me know if anything is crap and I ll fix it :)

Up next: Germany, France, Holland, then it gets quicker and easier as most other leagues are smaller/don t have second divisions.
Attachments:

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #93216 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
just tested italy, uk and spain league today using total pack. i think it works great so far, teams seem very accurate imo. i also like the fact that there are less 5 star players than in previous updates (i could only find messi, ronaldo and was it drogba??)

i dont know if this was made on purpose but i also like the way 4-5-1 was picked over 4-3-3 in many cases, so that player positions are closer to real life. eg. barcalona.

going through the FIFA excel file (i was looking mostly at the danish league though), skills as a whole looks ok. only some minor fixes could be made for team tactics and reversal of some player skills.

Sync edit: I accidentally modified this post instead of quoting it, I think most of it survived! Sorry and thanks!

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #93217 by Synchronated

just tested italy, uk and spain league today using total pack. i think it works great so far, teams seem very accurate imo. i also like the fact that there are less 5 star players than in previous updates (i could only find messi, ronaldo and was it drogba??)

I think it s only Messi (£15m) and Ronaldo £12m). Drogba was £12m/***** in my manual update but I think he s maybe £8m-£9m, out of the FIFA database/algorithm, as are Xavi/Iniesta. Probably better that way anyway!
Looking back at my older updates I think there were maybe too many great players. Plenty of overrated players. I m really happy with the results and calibration of this method, with the skills coming as they do straight from another database. It syncs and balances up fine with FM attributes as well, so I can and will, in the end, use FM attribues for the leagues not in FIFA (Greece, Argentina, Dutch Eerste Divisie, Scotland lower leagues, etc).

i dont know if this was made on purpose but i also like the way 4-5-1 was picked over 4-3-3 in many cases, so that player positions are closer to real life. eg. barcalona.

Yes, this is quite deliberate so that Messi and Pedro are wingers rather than Xavi and Iniesta being wingers and everyone else being strikers (which would very much be... less good).

going through the FIFA excel file (i was looking mostly at the danish league though), skills as a whole looks ok. only some minor fixes could be made for team tactics and reversal of some player skills.

I am currently not modifying any skills in this update, so that it s exactly as it comes out of the FIFA conversion (unless something like skin colour was wrong, in which case that s been manually fixed). I will leave the individual skills themselves up to individual preference of the end user :) Personally the biggest ones are that Jack Wilshere and Asamoah Gyan aren t as good as they should be IMO, and Birmingham are better than they should be for some strange reason.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #93383 by Synchronated
Here are updated league files for full leagues of England/France/Germany/Italy/Spain, after greatly improving the hair colour algorithm. Before, I was having to manually check people in google images which really slowed everything down. Now the FIFA database is at least accurately reflected, if nothing else. The google images-based checks that I did do still remain in these files, I just updated hair that was flagged as having changed between the old FIFA output and the new FIFA output.

I will post the new xls file when I can get into my 110mb account.

These team files now won t be updated further until the whole pack is released.

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds