Re: Synchronated Updates

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #77456 by ZICOZICO
Replied by ZICOZICO on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Hi Synchronated,

Apparently you came across the same problem I was having.
Not sure whether the DIY editor on this page works (have not tried it yet)

www.swoes.co.cc/editor_downloads/

else have a look at this explanation here

forum.whiteulver.co.cc/index.php?topic=43.0

Zicozico

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #77459 by Mozg
Replied by Mozg on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
zicozico:

That s nice to know that anybody has downloaded my tournaments :) Hehe, I ve almost forgotten about these tournaments before 2008 year :P I had a very little knowledge about how to edit good squads then, so now I m not satisfied with these oldest tournaments :] Next I ve stopped creating tournaments for some time (so there isn t CL 05/06 etc.), and some about two years ago I had started enjoying SWOS again :P

Synchronated:

Yes, there is a way to create tounaments with groups as you want to be, I discovered it when I studied .diy file structure (for a case 4 teams in each group, play each team x1, even setting the proper match schedule is possible :) ). However, it s quite hard to explain it shortly, maybe if I ll find some time, I ll write something like tutorial how to do it :) I ve read Whiteulver s explanation, I think my way is simpler (when you will understand it, and when you have already some tournament created in this way, it should take you about a minute to create tournament :] ), but the main idea is generally the same.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #77461 by Synchronated
Thanks for those zicozico, I ll have a look later today.

Alternatively, Mozg, would it be possible for you to go ahead and use the national teams I posted to make a DIY file for the World Cup 2010? With seeded second round and the correct group arrangements?
That is, if that would be easier than writing a tutorial for me! :)
I know we don t have the final squads but it can be redone in June (I m sure you ll make one anyway).

More
14 years 4 months ago #77464 by Mozg
I made a world cup .diy file, I ll send it to you in a while, you can place it on your site :]
You can notice that letters of groups are changed. It isn t made by mistake, because I ve discovered if you have 8 groups of 4 tournament, and in the next knockout stage you ll check seeded field, then teams from group A will play with teams with group H, and respectively: B-G, C-F, D-E. In the real World Cup, the order is: A-B, C-D, E-F, G-H, so I set it in the way that second round will be realistic :] However, it s not possible to create proper quarter-finals, so in qfs and nexs stages the seeded option is disabled. Also schedule in group stage should be correct :)

P.S. I don t know if you have seen such a site: football-lineups.com. I ve discovered it recently. It s very useful in updating SWOS, because there are interesting analysis of players positions. You can find it for example, that Cristiano Ronaldo plays in national team as attacker, not a winger, but for another example Thierry Henry played as left winger mostly :)

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #77469 by Synchronated
I do use football-lineups; it is often very useful if not always reliable. According to that site though, in WC qualifying Ronaldo only twice played as an attacker, the rest of the time he was used wide (left or right of a front three is still the wing). I didn t see any of the games myself though! Also they often class anyone playing as an attacking midfielder or winger as a forward which can be quite misleading, as they are not really playing as strikers. But yes it is indeed very useful (Vermaelen often playing LB for Belgium being another notable use and something I wouldn t otherwise have noticed).

You re right that the default Portugal lineup can probably be changed from 4-5-1 to 4-3-3 with the same personnel though. I ll do that before next release.

That DIY file sounds great, I will host it on my site (and credit you) alongside the data once I receive it :)

edit: got it now, great job! Just one question - how does a player take control of a team, is there a hex edit for that? The way I always made competitions was to make all the teams player-managed rather than CPU, so that the user could take control of any team at any stage.

More
14 years 4 months ago #77470 by Mozg
In instructions to my torunaments I m always writing that SWOS++ patch is needed to play them. I don t know if you have that one, it s built-in on Swos Total Pack for example, and it has an option edit/load diy file and you can load tournament and select team(s) by using it.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #77471 by Synchronated
Ah, I had forgotten about that. I am playing using Total Pack so all is good. At some point today I will update my site with your file added and credited.

edit: it s up there now, thanks again!

If you want to send me your standard instructions I can include them with the file? Also I d still like that tutorial at some point :)

More
14 years 4 months ago #77756 by ZICOZICO
Replied by ZICOZICO on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Hi Synchronated,

Just played the WC2010 DIY file. Great stuff!!
This together with Carlins new Commentary pack really blows new life into SWOS!!

Great work!

Zicozico

More
14 years 3 months ago #79064 by super_hoops1967
which sync database is it that has the classic 1967 celtic team in the career mode?

I just loaded up my old career file from about a year or so ago and noticed i had pele and jimmy jinky johnston in my team but i can t remember where i signed them from :(

More
14 years 3 months ago #79148 by Synchronated
The only classic teams I have are in the custom teams file. I often thought of making a whole database of classic teams/players but have yet to do it. So it wasn t mine :)

Time to create page: 0.355 seconds