Re: Synchronated Updates

• grokwick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 6 months ago #90916 by grokwick
Replied by grokwick on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Hi all, hi Synchro,

what about a new update of this 2010/2011 season ? Can we hope for a new one ? ???

I ask you for this reason:
Because of only 16 players a team are allowed, a lot of good players don t appears in SWOS. So, I would like to create a new Salvador Championship with some virtual missed players s squad like big clubs s B team (Chelsea, Real etc...), major Leagues best missed (Spain, England, Italy etc...) and more... I think it could be interesting in carreer mode. But it would be long work for me, and I d like to make it with a new Update if it should be realesed.

Oh please Synchro, don t say NO, milions of fans are waiting for this update...!!! ;D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 6 months ago #91389 by Marin
Replied by Marin on topic Re: Synchronated Updates

I ve no idea how you got the info for all those different countries, clubs, etc :o

Here
www.box.net/shared/8c1ts4nz7d
is a newer croatian league if anybody s interested.
Use it, abuse it, I don t care :)

No working.

More
13 years 6 months ago #91522 by Synchronated

Oh please Synchro, don t say NO, milions of fans are waiting for this update...!!! ;D

Millions might be a bit generous!

I am working on a full English league update (all four divisions). So that ll be a start.

• grokwick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 6 months ago #91556 by grokwick
Replied by grokwick on topic Re: Synchronated Updates

I am working on a full English league update (all four divisions). So that ll be a start.

Good new, you re a Hero. When it will be done, i will work on some others Leagues and stuff. I will let you know...

Thx to your good job, it keep swos eternal.

• wiklund87
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 6 months ago #91775 by wiklund87
Replied by wiklund87 on topic Re: Synchronated Updates

:D :D :D :D :D

More
13 years 5 months ago #92361 by Sholomo
Replied by Sholomo on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
i already created slovenian league, if u want to include it just say.

More
13 years 5 months ago #92384 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Hey Sync. I read from your website saying that: PLAYER ATTRIBUTES ARE DERIVED FROM FM10 VIA ALGORITHM . What does this mean exactly? Do you convert the skills manually or do you have some sort of program to make it easier?

Im not a football manager user so i dont know the skillset being used there. But i know from friends that the game is pretty accurate to real life player skills. So it makes a good database to convert from.

What im getting at, is if you let us help you, by letting us know what way you convert leagues from FM10/11 or what you do exactly and provide info, i think users here are willing to help you, and we ll have an 10/11 update in basically no time and further on.

on the other hand i understand if this is your personal project and hobby, and once again thx for all the updates so far :)

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #92454 by Synchronated
I have an xls file, made a couple of years ago, that takes data from FM Genie Scout data exports, filtered for the vital attributes that apply in SWOS (name, overall ability, position, nationality and seven skill attributes of passing, long shots (since there is no shot power attribute in FM), heading, tackling, dribbling, pace and finishing). The xls file contains several multi-layered formulae to calculate SWOS attributes from FM ones, that have been extensively tested and refined to provide a balanced and useful output and to give an appropriate player value, all based solely on the attributes in FM. It also converts the names to all-caps FIRSTNAME SURNAME SWOS format so that they can just be copied and pasted into any editor. Same with outputting the right SWOS nationality codes, goalkeeper prices, preferred positions etc.

I have only used this for that one WC update so far, but yes it could be widely applied. I haven t done so for a couple of reasons:

- FM database isn t normally out until November and even then it relies on the release of a new version of Genie Scout to extract the data, so it s several months into the season before it s possible to get to this data. Granted we are now already at this point this season. If anyone has any other suggestions for getting the data out of FM (so that it s not completely reliant on FM Genie Scout) then that would be handy.
- My HDD died 3 weeks ago and I ve just checked, and there is no backup of this file on my USB stick. So unless the file is on my iPod (I m fairly sure it s on there) it doesn t exist anymore here and would take weeks to recreate. However, I have shared it with one other SWOS editor in the past so he might still have it.

This is definitely something that could be explored (and would be amazing for a full database, especially if it could be quickly refreshed at the start of every season). If I could code I could probably have automated 99% of the process by now! I will have a look at the file (if I can find it) and maybe release it, even though for many it might be difficult to understand (and I have not written any help or instructions or FAQs).

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #92475 by Synchronated
Found it - here s a grab (data in this file is a couple of years old though):

All the stuff on the left, with white background, is pasted straight out of an FM start-of-play save game using FM Genie Scout. With a macro used to remove special characters (SWOS doesn t like them), hence a few weird caps here and there.

The stuff on the right, blue background, is the SWOS result of calculations that occur in several stages on other tabs.

If this were to be used for a club update, I d have the output replace the 6s and 7s with corresponding 14s and 15s, since that apparently affects what comes up in transfer market searches by attribute. EDIT: I have now done this (and done it better than that too, with even poor players best attributes getting that 8 added to them).

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #92476 by Synchronated
It s calibrated so that it works right down the skill range, for less amazing teams as well:

(I promise you those player values were reasonable for a SWOS Sheff Wed team in the Championship a couple of years ago!)

(you can save the picture if your browser doesn t show you the full width)

Time to create page: 0.314 seconds