Re: Synchronated Updates

More
13 years 10 months ago #85347 by Synchronated
Now the world cup squads are out, new WC10 files should be with you within 24 hours.
Then... perhaps the Legends.
Cheers
Sync

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #85352 by Synchronated
OK, WC update from final squads is available at the links below.
Enjoy!
Sync

• chrisd
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #85366 by chrisd
Replied by chrisd on topic Re: Synchronated Updates

I ve downloaded the new World Cup Tems updateds and tried to save the files in the data folder, but get an error message - Cannot complete operation - disk is full

Any idea how i can free up space?

Use a hard disk install instead of a vitual floppy disk. Or delete the custom teams file (team.072) to free up space, since that isn t really used in the game proper.

edit: also, you ll need to propack them to make them fit on an Amiga disk and work with the Amiga version; you can get RNC propack from my site among others.

When I release this legends/all-time database there ll be a ready-packed version provided anyway.

Just downloaded your latest World Cup teams, but having the same problem with the disk being full for the Amiga version. Are there any other files (apart from team 72) that I can delete?

And do i still have to propack them? I m not entirely sure how to do this.

• chrisd
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #85367 by chrisd
In the total pack version PC, where do i put these new team files?

• chrisd
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 10 months ago #85375 by chrisd
In the total pack PC version for the, where do i put these new team files?

More
13 years 10 months ago #85378 by Synchronated
This may all vary slightly depending on your install/version, but you ll want to go here
C:\Program Files\SWOS-Total Pack\launcher\TEAM_SETS
In this folder there is a folder called 01 . Make a copy of your current 01 folder so you can restore original data later if you want.

Next put the team.080-team.085 files in the 01 folder, and when starting Total Pack up, choose the Original 1997 data option (which will make Total Pack load the data from folder 01 ).

The updated national teams will now appear in the game as normal.

More
13 years 10 months ago #85379 by Synchronated
Regarding putting them on an Amiga disk file:
To fit them on an adf you would likely have to propack them (google RNC ProPack ) and get rid of TEAM.072.

However, if you re only planning to play World Cup games with the disk image, you can delete all the other TEAM.XXX files if you need to for disk space; the game won t need them if all you re doing is using National Teams. This way you might not even have to ProPack them; if you can fit them on the disk they should just work (some of the bigger TEAM.XXX files always need to be propacked due to their size but not the National Teams ones as far as I know). Just change back to a backup of your old disk image when you want the original teams back.

• chrisd
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #85396 by chrisd

Regarding putting them on an Amiga disk file:
To fit them on an adf you would likely have to propack them (google RNC ProPack ) and get rid of TEAM.072.

However, if you re only planning to play World Cup games with the disk image, you can delete all the other TEAM.XXX files if you need to for disk space; the game won t need them if all you re doing is using National Teams. This way you might not even have to ProPack them; if you can fit them on the disk they should just work (some of the bigger TEAM.XXX files always need to be propacked due to their size but not the National Teams ones as far as I know). Just change back to a backup of your old disk image when you want the original teams back.

I ve tried deleting all the team files and then putting the 6 new files in (teams 080 - 085), but when i try to play the game i get an error message on a red background saying Error: Open file error

All i ve done is deleted all the team files in the swos disks folder and replaced them with the new files.

More
13 years 10 months ago #85401 by MIJB#19
Replied by MIJB#19 on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
nice update

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #85402 by Synchronated
chrisd: if it says this when you choose National Teams then a region, looks like you might need to Propack the new files first (necessity to do this varies with different Amiga configs). Google RNC Propack for a how-to. It s available from my site if the program itself has become harder to get hold of for some reason.

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds