Re: Sep 2010 Update - 2010-11 + Legends + 96/97 / Online / Easy Installer

More
13 years 1 month ago #97742 by ro32x

16/02/11 Update:
- Updated Premiership Managers, and updated players from the 31/01/11 transfer deadline (includes the following transfers):
Fernando Torres to Chelsea
Andy Carroll to Liverpool
David Luiz to Chelsea
Luis Suárez to Liverpool
Daniel Sturridge to Bolton
Paul Konchesky to Nottm Forest
James Beattie to Blackpool
Eidur Gudjohnsen to Fulham
El Hadji Diouf to Rangers
Carlos Vela to West Brom
John Carew to Stoke
Steven Pienaar to Spurs
Ryan Babel to Hoffenheim
Roque Santa Cruz to Blackburn
David Bentley to Birmingham
Robbie Keane to West Ham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #97746 by Synchronated
I have last week updated the entire english league, four divisions, for post-window. On the way to updating all leagues.

It s in the Synchronated Updates thread in the PC forum if you want it.

More
13 years 1 month ago #97899 by regjames
I am using the 2010-11 already, if i download this latest update will i lose my career?

More
13 years 1 month ago #97901 by ro32x
your career should be preserved by the installer,
but to be on the safe side, manually take a copy of the following file:
C:\SWOS\Disks\save.adf
i think your career will have all the older names
eg. torres at liverpool

More
13 years 1 month ago #97960 by Synchronated
I wouldn t recommend updating the data files while still playing a career, at least in a normal install.
The game will stick check the root data files (during transfers, during view world and at the end of a season) since these are not stored in the career save file. And this will produce anomalies.
I m not sure how the loader circumvents this but if it does, great :)

• mnemonic
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 month ago #98017 by mnemonic
could you please upload the zip containing only the 2010-11 squads, leagues and such? i just want to update the squads on my clean SWOS 96-97 installation

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #98018 by Synchronated
synchronatedswos.blogspot.com/

You want v2.2 (you ll have to replace the sws.exe (PC) or SWOS2 (Amiga) as well with the files in the zip, in order to have current league structures)

If you want to use the original sws.exe/SWOS2 and thus the original league structures (which of course are out of date in 2011) or you have any problems with the updated ones, then the data zip you want is v1.03

Cheers

• mnemonic
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 month ago #98024 by mnemonic
Works like a charm. Thank you, Sir. I m sure you heard it all before but you deserve lots of respect for your work on this forum and the attention you pay to every single SWOS player.
Just a few questions:
1) where do you get the data (recent transfers, players names etc.)? I d like to edit some of the teams myself.
2) do you edit the players attributes as well or just their names and hair colour?
3) is it possible to set custom team numbers and not the default 1 through 16?
oh, and a few countries from UEFA are missing. Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Montenegro and maybe other as well. I m not sure if it s possible to edit this though.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #98055 by Synchronated

1) Mostly from transfermarkt.de + community involvement from hereon out (future updates). Last update, however, was mostly derived from FIFA11 and Football Manager 2011 s databases.
2) All of the attributes, meticulously, and even for the weakest teams. Calculated from Football Manager attributes if at all possible; I have macros and algorithms and stuff for this. For future updates the community can modify attributes by letting me know (FM attributes aren t always good); more details about this are in the Synchronated Updates thread.
3) Not really - you can use any numbers in the editor and in the data, but this will produce many bugs on PC SWOS and crash the Amiga iirc. Either way it s a no-go, hence I stick with 1-16 and can only give a player his real-life number if he s in the first team and his number is 1-11.

The Montenegro national team exists in my update but SWOS has no Montenegro league or nationality. In future updates one of the El Salvador nationalities (there are two, ELS and SAL, probably in error) will be replaced with MNE (Montenegro). Also not all leagues exist in the game and you can t add new leagues, just replace existing data. As for some small national teams missing, you can only have 48 national teams in Europe, so some of them can t appear. So yeah, not everything is possible.

More
13 years 1 month ago #98096 by regjames
ok thanks! will leave the update for now then!
Out of curiosity does anyone know if there have been any updates to the wolves squad? (wolverhampton Wanderers) e.g Adam Hamill and jamie O Hara......I know they are rubbish but this is the team i support!

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds