Re: Sep 2010 Update - 2010-11 + Legends + 96/97 / Online / Easy Installer

More
13 years 1 month ago #98100 by Synchronated
O Hara is in midfield, Hammill doesn t make the 16-man squad. Hennessey takes over in goal. Some other attributes will be different since the data source is different. The team in general is better than it was on the last update.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #98180 by regjames
sorted, thanks very much!

More
13 years 1 week ago #99394 by ro32x
I ve put together a Swos search utility (for the 2010-11 database) to help you find the players you need in career mode.
You can search on any of the following:
Player Name, Value, Position, Nationality, Passing, Velocity, Heading, Tackling, Control, Speed, Finishing, Country, Club Name, Player Rating.

This utility uses a database provided by Synchronated... many thanks.

I ve tried to make it mistake proof, eg. if you mis-type a player value it will alert you rather than displaying no results.
If you realise a search has failed, please document exactly what you searched for and at what point it errored, and i ll look into it.

I ve included the utility in this Swos installation (download on first page of this post),
and you ll find the link in the startmenu after the installation.

Hope you find it useful. Here are some screenshots:

More
13 years 1 week ago #99407 by Synchronated
That database is separate from the 1011 update s data by the way, so much may not correspond with what s in the 1011 SWOS Data - rather, it will be used as a basis for the 1112 update.

More
13 years 1 week ago #99460 by ro32x
what are the chances of getting an XLS of the current 1011 update database?
and more importantly, future updates?

More
13 years 1 week ago #99497 by Synchronated
future updates: very likely, since they will come from a spreadsheet. Although calculating all the attributes at once (as opposed to club by club) may be tricky. 1011 - it doesn t exist as a sheet or even 2 or 3. Someone would have to convert the data from the swos files. This has been done before but i can t do it.

• heartbone
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 3 days ago #99686 by heartbone
I am trying to make SWOS Editor 1.3.0 work using the SWOS installed from the Swos19mar11.exe file.
I follow the instructions as they are written in the help, i.e. I:
1) copy the blank.adf file in a newly created directory,
2) copy the content of the SWOS.adf file in the same directory,
3) open the editor and choose the DATA folder

At this point I presume I should choose the executable files for the PC and the Amiga, or...? Anybody can tell me where I can find them?

In case the step above is not necessary and I should only choose a country and then press YES when the window Amiga packaging files detected. Etc etc : I also tried this way, but once I press YES nothing happens. Is there anything I should be aware of? Anybody that encountered the very same problem and solved it somehow?

Finally for the records: I am using a laptop, with Windows 7 as OS.
...and in case this would help, the game works perfectly - apart from the fact that I cannot remap the keys (I suppose because of my laptop).

Thanks in advance!!!

• VP79
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #101677 by VP79
This really is amazing work, i used to live on this game on me old Amiga all those years ago, footy games were so good back in the early 90 s. I do have a question, but i think i already know the answer. Is it possible to play this using a controller? Ive plugged mine in but only the keyboard can navigate the menu s etc? Im on Windows 7 64bit if that makes any difference, sadly, i don t think it will and i just cannot play games using the keyboard :-[

More
12 years 10 months ago #101678 by ro32x
Download and install this version from the 1st page.
Then open the following help guide:
Start Menu\Programs\SWOS\Help\Gamepad Use

• VP79
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #101681 by VP79
Thanks for the reply, where would i find this though If using a joypad make sure it shows as connected in the Windows [control panel\game controllers]
then open the [game and io ports] tab .

Can t find that in control panel on Windows 7, can find the controller in devices printers , but then there isn t a tab for game and io ports that i can see.

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds