Re: Synchronated Updates

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #114752 by Synchronated
Hi guys
You can send it to thecrazycoolestcat at hotmail dot com
I will have to redo the player skills and values anyway from my db if I m going to include it, as the players all have FM attributes and my conversion algorithm etc. - and the price conversion from tmkt isn t that simple. The players also need to be consistent with the rest of the db (otherwise it will be the only country with players having a different attribute system and a different ratings scale) and have the same attributes as the same players in national teams (i.e. Lazar Markovic at Partizan = Lazar Markovic at Serbia). I just really want to investigate how the teams can be added without causing a crash and it would be great to get it to work properly.
PS Switzerland swap is possible but would be ugly, and the next season Switzerland would expand their league just to spite the project!
Cheers
Sync

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #114761 by Synchronated
OK I am going to add more teams to several leagues (including all Serbian teams) and conduct some testing.

edit: the team IDs may be sketchy (well, they re pretty much definitely wrong/duplicates but can be changed later via hex edit) but I ve tried to make the PC version crash (with Serbia at 16 and Scotland at 42) and failed... trying Amiga version now.

There will definitely be a v1.1 at some point anyway, as I ve just done a comprehensive review of the Danish league data thanks to djowger. If I expand lots of leagues successfully that ll be a v2.X

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #114762 by Synchronated
The added teams crash the Amiga version. This is almost certainly due to the teams General IDs clashing.
I will play around with them in a hex editor and try to fix.

edit: I ve just looked up Whiteulver s documentation on hex editing team IDs, have edited them to be appropriate and have run on both PC and Amiga without crashes - I now believe this should work fine regardless of how many teams I add, and I know how to set the team IDs properly. So the next version of the update will probably have extra teams added to several leagues... and we ll see how it goes.

I will also change Russia to a be a Winter league, as I ve now tested that process and it works fine.

More
11 years 6 months ago #114764 by FIncad
Hi Sync!
How about those added teams, can you start careers with them? And are the added teams also included in national cups?

Cheers

Fincad

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #114767 by Synchronated
Yes you can start careers with them. Not sure if they ll be included in cup draws.
At the moment all the new teams (which is ALL missing teams from ALL leagues) work fine (PC version) and all the competitions work fine, but the game crashes atfter Japan at the end of a season in career mode. Even if I m playing in the next league (China). Not sure this looks too good. Japan has 12 new teams in second division.

I think we might be able to get away with adding the most important missing teams (Serbia, Scotland, USA) but nothing more.

edit: if I restore Japan to its normal amount of teams (28 as opposed to 40), everything seems to work fine, at least on PC version. So at least all the premier divisions should have ALL their clubs and be playable in career mode. Going to test on Amiga version now.

edit2: works fine on Amiga too, at least without the extra Japanese teams. I will try to redo the Japanese file later with different team IDs (currently they are the highest team IDs so I will instead use lower IDs that are not already in use according to Whiteulver s list).

• maharaja
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 6 months ago #114768 by maharaja
Replied by maharaja on topic Re: Synchronated Updates: now 2012-13
I just sent you my version of Serbian league and exe file ;)

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #114771 by FIncad
Here is the list, what i have noticed compared swos leagues to real life leagues. Could be mistakes

Lithuania 2 extra teams
Rep. Irl 2 teams short
Israel 2 extra teams
Belarus 1 extra team
Scotland 3 div. 2 teams short
Mexico 2 div. 1 extra team
Uruguay 2-div 6 teams short
Bosnia 4 teams short
Serbia 6 teams short
Chile maindiv 2 teams short
Colombia 2 teams short
Japan 2.div 6 teams short

Sync, now it seems that you have solved this team adding thing, i think you should also try, in testing purposes, to add new division to some leagues.

Cheers

Fincad

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #114772 by Synchronated
You re comparing some original swos divisions, not synchronated ones. Some of those are already fixed in the sync update. I have already fixed all the remaining discrepancies this morning, except for Japan where adding the necessary 12 teams causes a crash. Extra team in Belarus and Mexico is necessary because in SWOS the leagues have to have an even number of teams - the only other option would be to have one team missing.

More
11 years 6 months ago #114775 by FIncad
I think this comparison is made between nowadays leagues and your last year update ;D so, not so old.
But thanks anyway for the answer.

Cheers

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #114778 by Synchronated
Yeah Lithuania and Ireland for example have changed their leagues since last year. The current Sync update is already correct. But last year s won t be because it is for last year. Here are the discrepancies between the current update and real life:

Scotland - 3rd Div 2 teams short
Bosnia - 4 teams short
USA - 1 team short (I am adding two, using one from NASL, so that none are missing)
China - 4 teams short
Qatar - 6 teams short
Egypt - 10 teams short
Iran - 8 teams short
Morocco - 8 teams short
Tunisia - 4 teams short
Chile - 2 teams short
Colombia - 2 teams short
Costa Rica - 2 teams short

All of the above are fixed for the next version and work without crashing on both PC and Amiga.

In addition:
Other Euro teams (the league which replaces Faroese league) - I am adding six more so that there are 2 clubs each from Moldova, Faroes, San Marino

I will also try to fix

Japan - 2nd div is currently 12 teams short in order to make the J.League 1 full-size
Uruguay 2nd div - 6 teams short

But currently I am running into crashes when it comes to these last ones. Even with very low (currently unused) team IDs. I think something in the career mode requirements is not liking the extra teams so I ll have to leave them for now. Good news is that all first divisions will have all their teams, even if only half of them were possible in v1.0.

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds