Re: Synchronated Updates

More
13 years 4 months ago #95201 by dimetrodon
Replied by dimetrodon on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
I have forgotten a very important part: kit colors! There are some to correct.

There are lot of teams with green-white cominations (Ferencvaros, Gyor, Haladas, Paks, Kaposvar) sometime the two teams get almost same color in the championship, and hard to tell who is who :)

The important one: Ujpest and Kecskemet should be purple. Ofc I know there isn t purple in SWOS, just a kind of burgundy or pansy purple, but the original creator of SWOS decided to use that color for purple teams (eg. Ujpest, Bekescsaba from Hungary and Fiorentina from Italy.). It would be better to use a real purple, but it is very important to distinct between blue, and purple, so use of burgundy is the far-far better, and the best solution. (And this was the original concept.) So Ujpest and Kecskemet should be burgundy/purple (and ofc Fiorentina too).

Paks: 1st kit is green with white arms (opposite) or just green. 2nd kit is light blue - black - light blue.
Kecskemet: 1st: burgundy-white-burgundy
Kaposvar: 1st: Style2, green/white - green - green, 2nd: full-white
Debrecen: OK
Ferencvaros: 2nd: Style1, white with green arms - white - white
Gyor: 1st: full-white, 2nd: full-green
Haladas: 1st: full-white, 2nd: full-green
Honved: 2nd: full-white
MTK: OK
Papa: OK
Siofok: OK
Szolnok: 1st full-lightblue
Ujpest: 1st Style2 burgundy/white - white - burgundy, 2nd: white - burgundy - white
Videoton: 1st as now, but with red socks, 2nd: yellow-black-yellow
ZTE: 1st: Style2 blue/white - white - blue, 2nd as now, but with black socks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #95208 by Retrieving
Replied by Retrieving on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Synchro I got a problem, I didn t realize that there were only 14 teams in SWOS J1 til I ran the game with the updated rosters, so Vegalta ended up in J2 while FC Tokyo s in J1 (they finished in 16th place this season). How do I switch them with SWOES?

Apart from that the file s ready.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #95219 by Retrieving
Tried with the FIRST / PREMIER thing but it doesn t fix it

EDIT: nvm, it was just my OS acting up and not overwriting the folder properly

ahh wtf, just finished a simulated career (game did not crash) and noticed that there s no relegation/promotion between 1st and 2nd Division...that sucks.

Is there a way to change this?

...otherwise I think I m gonna add all of the remaining J2 teams + Gainare Tottori (= 38 teams) + the top 2 JSL teams and swap leagues with Mexico or something (Uruguay would be easier but then I d have to cut 2 teams)...does SWOES contemplate a copy and paste feature for entire teams?

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #95221 by Synchronated

The important one: Ujpest and Kecskemet should be purple. Ofc I know there isn t purple in SWOS, just a kind of burgundy or pansy purple, but the original creator of SWOS decided to use that color for purple teams (eg. Ujpest, Bekescsaba from Hungary and Fiorentina from Italy.). It would be better to use a real purple, but it is very important to distinct between blue, and purple, so use of burgundy is the far-far better, and the best solution. (And this was the original concept.) So Ujpest and Kecskemet should be burgundy/purple (and ofc Fiorentina too).

There are many teams with violet kits. Violet is closer to SWOS-dark blue than it is to SWOS-burgundy, and if you make Fiorentina s kit Burgundy then it is the same colour as Roma. Which for me is the biggest example and why that choice was not ideal originally. It s just a shame this colour doesn t exist in SWOS.

If you want to go throught changing all violet teams in all the leagues to Burgundy then you can, but I am reluctant to do that for the above reasons! I will make your other changes before the release.

Retrieving, the first/premier is how you change that. SWOS requires the correct number in each division or it won t work properly. I would suggest the top 14 J. League 1 teams of 2010 season to be the top division teams. Then please send the file to thecrazycoolestcat at hotmail dot com. Thanks!

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #95222 by Retrieving

Retrieving, the first/premier is how you change that. SWOS requires the correct number in each division or it won t work properly. I would suggest the top 14 J. League 1 teams of 2010 season to be the top division teams. Then please send the file to thecrazycoolestcat at hotmail dot com. Thanks!

this is for your blog!

File Attachment:

JWE2010CC awesome opening:

[flash=500,400]www.youtube.com/v/AQOqI6es7WY[/flash]

Samples:

File Attachment:

File s attached!

EDIT: External download source (gotta rename it tho) - uploading.com/files/84c7c7a6/TEAMfinal.055

Attachments:

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #95223 by Synchronated
Heya :)

Looks great and this would (as it stands) be one of the best standalone files, but this is maybe going to need a bit more work (as if it hasn t been enough already!) if it s going to fit consistently with the rest.
You have attackers playing in (defensive) midfield, central midfielders on the wing, right backs at left back and so forth. The position attribute matches the player s actual position in the lineup in the other leagues.
I spotted a nationality out (Ryoichi Kurisawa is Brazilian here; so is Go Nishida, maybe there are others).
Also the stronger players are quite a bit stronger than Japanese players of similar ability in the European leagues, so there might be some tough balancing to do.

I know you ve already put lots of work into this so let me know what you think and if you want me to do any of the legwork on the fine-tuning!

• Kanchelskis
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 4 months ago #95226 by Kanchelskis
Replied by Kanchelskis on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
I ve finished Korean League, here are some shots.
File Attachment:
File Attachment:
File Attachment:
File Attachment:
File Attachment:

It s based only on FIFA 11 values, it needs latest transfers and Guangju FC

I ve also made in the other groups Sepahan and Persepolis with correct values.
What do you think?

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #95227 by Synchronated
Looks very good. Hyphenated surnames too!

One thing you might want to be aware of (or not), the whole name shows up as the surname - which means you ve used an underscore or something as the space, right? At one point I used to do this for Brazilians (Roberto Carlos etc.). It s a great idea to get past SWOS assumption that the first name is not part of the common name or surname. However, be aware the Amiga version doesn t like it - in place of the space you ll see a big cross. That s why I don t still do that. But I guess this is PC-only anyway at the moment due to the other shenanigans going on with the leagues, and the only side effect on PC is that the names for which this method was used are slightly out of alignment on the pre-match screen.

Oh, and have you tested this in career mode? IIRC SWOS hates leagues with an odd number of teams and crashes upon processing them at the end of the season. Last time I tried that was years ago though, so it might not be the case, that could just have been a bad experiment - and you re all set to add the sixteenth club anyway by the looks of it.

• Kanchelskis
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 4 months ago #95229 by Kanchelskis
Replied by Kanchelskis on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
It s thinked only for PC version (don t know neither if in clean exe file it works). Careers don t crash in this version.
When finished with all the groups, I ll decide what to do, but I don t think will work for Amiga :(

Anyway would be a good PC add-on for your updates (only if you want, it s clear).

More
13 years 4 months ago #95231 by dimetrodon
Replied by dimetrodon on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
I clearly understand it is not the most important thing :)

Burgundy in swos is 109 of Red, 0 green, 36 blue, purple of Fiorentina is 143-0-255, and blue in swos is 0-0-255. (Fiorentina s purple is coming from washing red and white shirts together, not blue :) Mathematically hard to tell which is closer.
Maybe purple is closer to medium-blue than burgundy maybe not, but this is not about theory of colors. Burgundy is far-far better choice, because it is clearly not blue (nor red). A strange color, not like the original, not like it should be (maybe the closest) but distinct. I know people who would kill himself to prevent Ujpest (or Fiorentina) to play in blue. :)

If I can, I would gladly help you with fixing colors.

Time to create page: 0.331 seconds