Re: Synchronated Updates

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #95151 by Synchronated
You d need access to spreadsheets of the data. Then write something to convert them (converting the 7 key attributes but also ensuring an accurate overall rating) and calibrate so that the result is both true to the source and balanced in SWOS.
PES has very few teams compared to other games (inc SWOS) and isn t very accurate at least for English teams, so these are from FM2011 and FIFA 11 and I wrote and fine-tuned methods for conversion. The result isn t perfect but I think it s very solid, results in realistic players and is certainly better than inventing the stats.
For Japanese league teams, Retrieving is pretty much converting them manually I think, just from looking at the J.League 2010 edition of WE/PES, using the other values in the new db as a source for balance - we ll see the results soon :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kanchelskis
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 4 months ago #95152 by Kanchelskis
Replied by Kanchelskis on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Well there are a lot of values in PES.. passing in SWOS what could be? A mix of passing accuracy, passing speed, long passing accuracy ecc?

I ve tried for passing adding the values.. being from 60 to 99, a 70 would be 10. So a player that in PES is 70,70,70,70, would be 40/4=10/7(values of SWOS)= 1,42 = 1

Is correct for you?

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #95153 by Synchronated
My approach would be more like

First calculate how many SWOS skill points you want for this player. This will determine his transfer value and overall ability due to the nature of SWOS.

So on the FIFA algorithm, I decided from looking at a lot of ratings that an overall rating of 40 on FIFA = no skill points in SWOS (£25k-) and 90 = 48 skill points (£15m).
Although you could use a linear scale (1 point = 1 point) that results in mediocre players (like English Championship/lower divisions) being overrated, so you need a curve to make this fit SWOS method of calculating values.
I use something like
((overall rating-40)^(calibration constant found through much experimentation))/(another constant)
in order to determine desired SWOS skill points for each player.
Once you ve found a good constant it will give a result of 48 SWOS points if the input is a player rating of 90, and will also give a curve that makes most other players look OK to you in terms of value. You change the top constant to affect the curve and the bottom one to change the result value linearly.
My constants are currently 1.48 and 6.8 respectively for the conversion from FIFA; the FM ones are calibrated differently for that game.
The constant is slightly altered for defenders and goalkeepers in my method as otherwise they come out slightly too strong/transfer values too high for me.

How many skill points does this particular guy want? Let s say his overall is 73. ((73-40)^1.48)/6.8 = 26 desired SWOS points.

Now you have a target total, time to consider individual points

Mean of all the passing values ((70+68+73+69)/4) = 70
Do similar however you see fit for the other skills and you have it down to 7 attributes. PES is quite tricky for this as some of them are not analogous or just don t exist... shot power = V, shot accuracy = F? Defence = T?

Each of these then needs adjusting (considerably), as each one will become a proportion of the total of 26 desired points. It might currently add up to 350 points across the 7 attributes, but you don t want 350 points, you want 26.
So the passing one = (70/(sum total of all 7 values))*26, and round it off, also max it out at 7 since anything above that on SWOS just loops around again. So anything over 7 = 7. Let s say this passing attribute comes out as 4. Bingo.

Your 7 attributes will now add up to *something like* 26.

(my method is not quite that simple since (attribute^constant)/(sum of attribute^constant)*(points total desired) is used rather than solely the attribute itself; this is to make the skills a little more different from each other because for many players they will just all be in the 60s and low 70s and you d just end up with 2222222 as someone s attributes)

I then have a few mechanisms for correcting the points if it doesn t quite add up. So that based on the original 7 attributes it finds which ones can be added to/taken from in order to reach the desired total.
Also the desired points total is suppressed by a few points at the start to make up for the rounding to such a small 0-7 scale, then the real desired total is compared and stuff added/subtracted to meet it.

I consider it very important that the overall rating is factored in like this, maybe you might not :) but if it is not considered, wingers and centre backs will generally come out with few points and versatile players will come out with many.

None of this is done manually anymore, just pasting arrays into spreadsheets that I ve made. I imagine that with a bit of practice you can approximate a similar system just by eye and with trial and error to get a suitable overall value using attributes that reflect the player s strengths. It s only 7 values of 0-7 really.

• Kanchelskis
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 4 months ago #95176 by Kanchelskis
Nice I ll give a try.

Are you able to convert Korean league into Swos format from FIFA11?

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #95179 by Synchronated
I already converted them all, just hadn t input Korea as it isn t natively in SWOS and I haven t changed any league structures.

Attached is the Korean League data as it comes out of FIFA via my algorithm.

There are 15 teams which is correct for 2010 season, I think there will be 16 for 2011 though.
Attachments:

• Kanchelskis
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 4 months ago #95180 by Kanchelskis
Thank you very much. I ll try to insert it in my attempt.

More
13 years 4 months ago #95190 by Retrieving
Replied by Retrieving on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
-2 teams (Reysol and Yokohama FC)!

Let s see if I can finish Kazu Miura s team before falling asleep lol...

• Kanchelskis
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 4 months ago #95192 by Kanchelskis
Kazu Miura.. I can remember him in Genoa here in Italy! A true legend ;D

More
13 years 4 months ago #95195 by Retrieving
Replied by Retrieving on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
I m finally done editing, I ll simulate a couple seasons to see how it goes, double check the nationalities/hair/skin colours/numbers and then I ll post the file (most likely later this evening as I m fixing to leave right now). :)

More
13 years 4 months ago #95198 by Synchronated
OK great :)

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds