Re: Synchronated Updates

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #95036 by Retrieving
Replied by Retrieving on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
800k? Uhm...

Dunno where transfermarkt gets its info but Uchida s move costed Shalke approximately €1.3m. He s one of the best Japanese young talent and has been playing in the national team first squad since he was 18.

Uchida s a typical brazilian-style wingback, a player with insane energy and stamina, capable of running up and down the sideline for the whole match and never looking tired. His biggest strengths are his quick acceleration, the excellent first touch and the ability to charge down the wing to deliver a cross or turn along the goal line to penetrate the box if needed be.

Imho and according to JWE2009CC (he s not in JWE2010CC cause Shalke isn t in there and he moved in June, a month and a half before the release of the game), he s more like a 5424571/1M.

EDIT: hold on, you probably meant he s 800k in the game and not on transfermarkt lol. My bad haha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #95037 by dimetrodon
Replied by dimetrodon on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Maybe I mixing things, but in SWOS values in GBP not EUR, so 800k GBP is 942 GBP. Just to make it complicated. :)

And Uchidas transfer value 1.3M EUR is 1.1M GBP. ::)

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #95041 by Synchronated
Um, that s just how it comes out of FIFA on the same scale everyone else is calibrated at.
Which is to say that SWOS transfer values are necessarily quite a bit lower than real life, because transfer prices have inflated hugely in 15 years since the game came out.
i.e. Messi is £15m not £90m.

So yeah, £800k in SWOS. :) Transfermarkt value of both Schalke right-backs is Euro 3.5m.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #95053 by Retrieving

Um, that s just how it comes out of FIFA

FIFA ratings aren t done by professionals, it s just volunteers enrolling in their data editors system and eyeballing stuff with 0 supervision from above (they just cross-check data coming from 3-4 editors and then put the average values in the game, only the top teams and star players get a special treatment).

159.153.197.145/TalentScout/TalentScout/index.aspx

Uchida moved in June, FIFA came out in September, odds are that whoever did the ratings for him has never actually seen him playing and based em off of YouTube videos, lol.

JWE ratings are much more reliable since they re based on the Stats Stadium service (J.League uses it as well for their official stats reports and broadcast analysis database).

Case in point being the fact that pos players such as Zauri (Sampdoria) and Pasqual (Fiorentina) are worth 800k when in fact they re nowhere near Uchida s level of skills and talent but hey, they play in Serie A so they must be stronger than japanese players (I only watch Serie A and J.League so I can t really compare him to the other Shalke dude)! ;D

I mean, Biabiany is worth 1.5M just because he s at Inter when in fact he s a mind-numbingly mediocre player, ask any Inter supporter out there and they ll tell you as much. Same goes for Muntari who s @ 1.6M.

This reminds me of when one of the brightest talents of the J.League-era ( a dude who s just as skilled as Shuske Nakamura and as complete as Hide Nakata), Kashima s Mitsuo Ogasawara, was forced to join an european side because the current Japan NT coach refused to call midfielders from the local league due to lack of int l experience and was benched indefinitely despite 2 impressive performances (scored in his very first match after coming off of the benches and was nominated MVP in a Messina - Milan match and nope, he wasn t playing for the Rossoneri) just because he wasn t argentinian or brazilian or what have you, lol. ;)

I know I might sound biased but I really am not, trust me. :D

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #95055 by Synchronated
For anyone outside Japan, FIFA s ratings are much, much truer to real-life than any other game IMO. They are combinations of professionals and amateurs - amateurs can only suggest changes to the data controlled by professionals; PES ratings in particular are a joke for leagues I know well (such as England). I m quite sure the Japanese ratings are excellent, but (and I m not sure you are aware of this) most ratings outside Japan are not changed at all, or rarely, once a player has been created once (by someone who has never seen him play and in consultation with no-one, not even amateurs); on PES someone can retain a totally incorrect (even though licensed) name, position or skin colour for literally 7 years (Luke Young, Zat Knight, Darius Vassell...). Someone who has never played a first-team game in years can still be a team s best player... Sol Campbell is Newcastle s most valuable player on PES2011, for a quick example, and Andy Carroll is a fairly useless reserve player. Kevin Nolan is also crap and worse than 3 other CMs there. Garry O Connor is Birmingham s best forward by a mile. It s pretty much a fact that those are very, very wrong and that s just what I noticed in a couple of matches - there will be worse errors in the game - whereas it s not a fact but an opinion that Uchida is better than Pasqual, who until this season has at least (objectively) been tested at a higher level for longer. In the FIFA db, every attribute is under review every day by several people and the result is superior; to me it is impressive that their attributes for Uchida are so close to yours and that he can match regular Serie A fullbacks despite having only played a few games at or near that level.

Also, Uchida has been in their studied DB for ages as part of the Japan team, which is there in their DB (as, quite possibly, is the J.League) but just isn t published for games where they don t have the licence for it (but is in games like the World Cup game, on which every country has a massive and accurate squad), so your YouTube video suggestion is just not true - and the difference between £800k and your suggestion of £1m with very similar attributes is very small and not worth arguing about. That s 3 skill points. When a database comes that close to my own ratings I applaud it :)

Oh, and I agree about Biabiany being overrated, but Muntari has long been a good player in European leagues and what he did at the World Cup quarter final stage (
) was not unusual.

More
13 years 4 months ago #95122 by Synchronated
Hey Retrieving, any ETA on the file? I am ready to release again otherwise.
Cheers :)

More
13 years 4 months ago #95126 by Synchronated
There is now a new update on the blog; link below - Uchida is in the Schalke team, a few other changes (greatly improving the English lower divisions mostly).
I will post another new version when Retrieving has finished :)

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #95136 by Retrieving

Hey Retrieving, any ETA on the file? I am ready to release again otherwise.
Cheers :)

3 teams left, it takes approximately a full hour of work per team so I m almost there (I m not slacking either, I ve just been really busy with Xmas stuff/work lately + Gran Turismo 5 ;D).

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #95138 by Synchronated
OK awesome :)

BTW the new file is smaller only because it s compressed. The older file was a zip but it wasn t actually compressed, just stored.

• Kanchelskis
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 4 months ago #95150 by Kanchelskis
Replied by Kanchelskis on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
How do you (if you do so) PES stats into SWOS stats?

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds