Re: Synchronated Updates

More
13 years 6 months ago #94704 by Synchronated
SWOES is hosted on my website too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #94709 by Retrieving
Replied by Retrieving on topic Re: Synchronated Updates

That would be amazing, thanks!

Can you just use 0-7 for the attributes as with the other leagues?

When I opened the file with SWOES the values were on a 0-15 scale though, what gives?

More
13 years 6 months ago #94710 by Synchronated
The J. League was made with automated attributes from SWOES. You can ignore those attributes. Or leave them if you don t feel that want to change that particular player.

The other leagues were imported from other games and use 0-7.
Except the English Prem, because I converted that first and did it manually.

It doesn t make any difference to final player ability because
0=8
1=9
2=10
3=11
4=12
5=13
6=14
7=15

Cheers again!

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #94714 by Retrieving
Replied by Retrieving on topic Re: Synchronated Updates

The J. League was made with automated attributes from SWOES. You can ignore those attributes. Or leave them if you don t feel that want to change that particular player.

The other leagues were imported from other games and use 0-7.
Except the English Prem, because I converted that first and did it manually.

It doesn t make any difference to final player ability because
0=8
1=9
2=10
3=11
4=12
5=13
6=14
7=15

Cheers again!

Ahh I get it now, alright then.

Btw, for some players I m also comparing the ratings with the FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa ones (for consistency-sake s, JWE2010CC tends to be a little skewed toward the japanese top players imho, despite relying on the STATS STADIUM/Jstat OPTA database) since that game features Japan as well and was made by FIFA 11 developers.

Anyhow, Urawa, Gamba, Nagoya, Kashima, Hiroshima, Frontale and Niigata have already been edited. I ll keep working on this til I m done (probably sometime tomorrow, ripping the data off of the aforementioned games manually is taking longer than expected).

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #94722 by Synchronated
OK great. I ll be a couple of days finishing off the national teams and figuring out what to do with the Hungarian league - probably redo it based on transfermarkt.de unless dimetrodon provides info :)

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #94766 by Synchronated
I ve redone the Hungarian league using the changes dimetrodon mentioned plus similar for other teams (using squads at transfermarkt.de, which also fit with dimetrodon s info on those 5 teams). Everything has been cross-referenced.

Hopefully this should be quite good now - if you find any more changes need to be done, let me know.
Attachments:

• grokwick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 6 months ago #94771 by grokwick
Replied by grokwick on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Hi all,

would it be possible to have 5 substitues in English Leagues and to update European Cups qualifiers ?

Will you update Bulgaria, Israel, Algeria, Uruguay, Paraguay and Colombia ?

And is there any tutorial to use SWOES ?

Otherwise, these updates are just great, better than all others for me. Thanks Synchro.

Have fun.

Cheers.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #94773 by Synchronated

Hi all,

would it be possible to have 5 substitues in English Leagues and to update European Cups qualifiers ?

This is outside the data set and it s something others are welcome to try to tackle. This data won t be affected by it. Messing with the executables (even just to change the subs in England) has resulted in crashes for me in the past, so I haven t done it for a while.

Will you update Bulgaria, Israel, Algeria, Uruguay, Paraguay and Colombia ?

The biggest clubs in Bulgaria, Israel and Uruguay have been updated. I may do some more leagues after the first release (later this week a complete data folder will be released with all these clubs, some more clubs and all national teams), and these would be among the first in line (except Algeria, perhaps unless a reliable data source can be provided).

And is there any tutorial to use SWOES ?

Perhaps whiteulver (the author) has written some FAQs etc. if you google his name.
Most important things for me are to realise that 0=8=bad...3=11=average=...7=15=world class - ie the skill attributes aren t linear. There are two linear scales, 0-7 and 8-15; if in doubt just use 0-7. Most of these updates use 0-7 because that is how the automated import csv method works at present. The £values are a product of the skills and nothing else and they do realise that 7=15 etc. The only difference (as far as anyone so far can tell) is that values above 7 show up in transfer market searches for attributes (which is disingenuous anyway, because for example a player with a speed of 10 would show up but a much faster player with speed of 7 wouldn t).
Also to double check your tactical lineups once done with a team, because players aren t repositioned when you just changed their preferred position (the official editors made this mistake many times - see the default Real Madrid lineup).
Additionally Amiga SWOS only likes shirt numbers 1-16 and 12/13/14/15/16 must be the subs.

Once you ve finished doing all your changes you ll need to run fix foreign market in Pablo s PC SWOS Editor, on the dataset, for them to show up correctly in transfer markets and European competitions.

• rw9018
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 6 months ago #94775 by rw9018
Replied by rw9018 on topic Re: Synchronated Updates

I was under the impression that the reason for having two scales, 0-7 and 8-15 has something to do with working out the weekly wages in career mode. So a player with 15 speed will be the same as a player with 7 speed, but will be paid more.

I guess in the original game when you couldn t check the actual attributes it was a good way to make some players appear as bargains...

I can t remember where I heard the link between attributes and wages though - it could be something else...

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #94776 by dimetrodon
Replied by dimetrodon on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Debrecen
I know skills are not subject to change, but I can not resist to mention: Adamo Coulibaly is a good striker, but subject of jokes because he is one of the slower palyer in pitch nowadays, and he is SHF in SWOS. :)

---
Ferencvaros
OK

---
Győr
Nicorec is blond.

---
Haladás
Korolovszky is bald-blond, Peter Toth is blond

---
Kaposvar
Instead of Godslove (or Zsolnay) subs. A is Robert Szepessy (HUN), brown hair.

Daniane Jawad (MOR) M, brown hair, is important, and one of the best player. My proposal:
Instead of Pavlovic to starting squad, and Pavlovic is subs. M instead of Zsolnay (or Godslove).

Istvan Zsok (HUN) brown h. is the LB, leave out Bank.

---
Kecskemet
Bodiong C. Ebala (CMR) dark skin M and Alempijevic should be subs. (leave out Dosso), and Nemedi is in starting squad.

Litsingi is from Congo.

Holczer is the subs. GK and Rybansky is the starter. Swap Mohl and Farkas too.

---
MTK

Szekeres playing D, with Suto, and Vukadinovic is the RB, (and Vadnai is the LB).

Leave out Zambo and subs D would be Dragan Vukmir (YUG) brown h.

Lazok playing at Vasas (it looks like major bug in FM).

Norbert Konyves would be the A instead of Molnar (he is to leave out). He is Hungarian (born in Serbia).

Subs. A is Marton Eppel (HUN) blond.

Tibor Ladanyi (HUN) brown hair, subs. M instead of the other subs. A.

---
Paks

Swap the GKs.

Sifter is not D, but M. The two middle D are Eger and Attila Fiola (HUN), brown h.

Heffler can be M, but he is the RB. Szabo is the subs D/RB.

Leave out Dudás. Bartha is the LW, and Gabor Vayer (HUN) brown h. is the RW.

Böde is the other A with Montvai.

Tamas Kiss (HUN) brown hair is subs. A.

Csernyanszky - Heffler-Eger-Fiola-Csehi - Bartha-Sifter-Sipeki-Vayer - Bode-Montvai
Subs:
Kovacs GK
Szabo D
Lisztes M
Magasfoldi A
Kiss A

The trainer is Karoly Kiss.

---
I will continue.

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds