Re: Sanek and the unregistered OoO's

More
11 years 11 months ago #111608 by FairyKing
Hi folks,

Me and Sanek played eight games tonight. I wanted to play some OoO s cos I have only a few official games played, since I m an active Sensible.de user.

Well, nothing much to say: Sanek is a really tough player, too strong for me at the moment.
I have lost six time in eight matches, then there has been a draw and a single match won by me.

I have WinUAE chat log, which proves we played together. I also have a screenshot showing our private chat, to note down the results from all the matches we had:

Finally, I was about to insert the results in Sensible.de (I sent a challenge to Sanek), and he suddenly went out of the chatroom.

I ask Sanek to insert and confirm those results. OK, I have won only once, but I wouldn t even start playing if I knew I could only get friendlies. I needed OoO s!

Hope he had a good reason - though a very bad timing - to run away like that and I also hope to get a fix to that.

Thank You.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #111609 by dimetrodon
It is not clear for me what was the conversation before the games. Did you or him write it will be ooo? Or how you two have met to play the games?

If you agreed to play ooo games it is clear, that he should enter results. (Some IRL issues can delay it sometimes).

More
11 years 11 months ago #111610 by sanek
problem solved

More
11 years 11 months ago #111614 by FairyKing
Yes, those games were meant to be OoO s.

Now Sanek entered those results and I thank him for that, but still I can t see how did this happen.

More
11 years 11 months ago #111615 by djowGer
When you contact someone on the chat to play games, remember to be specific if it is ranked games (one on one) or just friendlies you want to play.. Arguing about this afterwards is always a bad way to go...

Some players actually don t want to play ranking games at all. Some time ago there was a guy Teeto or something from poland, who was not even a member of the site, but still played many games just for fun.. (Eventually he did join to play in our fun tournaments) ;-)

More
11 years 11 months ago #111617 by FairyKing
Well I hope there s a chat log for #sensible. I asked anyone to play OoO games, then Sanek asked (anyone) to play friendlies or OoO.

I told him I was available and that I preferred to play OoO s and he agreed.

I already knew he was a Sensible.de user, so I thought I didn t need to get a screen capture to prove that...

Next time I ll act more carefully, but I never ever had the need to do so.

More
11 years 11 months ago #111618 by FairyKing

Arguing about this afterwards is always a bad way to go...

The bad way to go is tellin someone you re about to play OoO s and run away in a second when the time has come to insert the results, don t you agree?! ;)

Anyway, it s alright now.

More
11 years 11 months ago #111624 by dimetrodon
I don t know if sanek wrote you anything after you posted here, but it is possible that any player have real life issues, and can enter not right after the game, but bit later. I hope this was the case.

More
11 years 11 months ago #111630 by FairyKing
Sanek didn t even reply to my PM, so I don t really know what happened.

Anyway, you are defending his behaviour, choosing not be malicious, but you thought we didn t have decided together to play OoO.

The only fact is that we both decided to play OoO s. And he ran away right at the time to insert the results.
Maybe he had some good reasons of live issues at midnight, but he didn t say anything about it. He just ran away, and then fixed it all with no excuse.

I hope to see more coherence. If I ever happen to have such issues, I d surely ask for pardon the next day, just not to give the impression to be a runaway. Anyway, I say it again, it s alright now as Sanek decided to insert those results...

More
11 years 11 months ago #111631 by dimetrodon
you are defending his behaviour
Totally misinterpreting my behavior. This is totally not about defending .

I don t know Sanek, I guess I have never played with him. But this is an online community, we playing an old game here. So I will (and I think many other player too, and others should) assume the best about other player until anything else would be proven, (and maybe a bit even after it).

In your post it was not clear what exactly happen, so I asked it, as it was not clear. And after you asked how this can happen, I write that IRL issues can be cause delays now and then. I can not be know if that was the case in this case, but I won t assume anything else first.

Sanek should explain it in two or three words. But you are on bad track if you think I defend Sanek or an other player in the future, and other members will attack him etc. Playing swos is not about defend or attack. You make it well that you posted it (I would first tried to reach him on another day, but mybe im an over patient.) If Sanek make a mistake you/us should warn him, if he try to cheat he may be should banned, but first (and second) approach to solve a case should be based on friendship and good will. That could you see in my post, not defending a defendant.

Hope it is clear, and it is totally not attacking you.

Sanek, you should explain in some words what had happened, and than we can say problem solved.

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds