SWOS 96/97 - complete database (incl. player skills)

• SKID
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #23670 by SKID
Whiteulver,
can you create a database in MS Excel format for offline using? IMHO it would be a great thing - Excel has sorting, searching and filtering tools

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #23675 by Playaveli
Use HTTrack Website Copier and save the whole thing on your PC. ;)

And Excel isn t a dynamic PHP database.

• SKID
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #23682 by SKID
I want all database in one place as in Pablo s SWOS editor - all players in one sheet
I don t need a dynamic PHP database.
Online database as I see doesn t has any advantages if we compare it with possibilities of the editors.

More
16 years 8 months ago #23684 by Playaveli
Of course it has advantages!

You can check player skills and clubs without having editor installed. Even if you are somewhere in the world on other PCs with internet...

• SKID
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #23715 by SKID
But I will not even need a PC if I will have an Excel-format of database!!!...Because I have Excel in my smartphone ;)

More
16 years 8 months ago #23724 by whiteulver

I want all database in one place as in Pablo s SWOS editor - all players in one sheet
I don t need a dynamic PHP database.
Online database as I see doesn t has any advantages if we compare it with possibilities of the editors.

An editor has 2 usage.

Editing and browsing.

Since many people here dont use the editing option, most use browsing option, to search players etc.

The advantage of online database is that you can see swos players from your PC(with windows, linux or Mac), from your 3G mobile etc.

More
16 years 8 months ago #23874 by LIK

• SKID
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #23974 by SKID
OK, as I see I will not have a database in Excel format. Why? - is it impossible to create it?

I understand that online database is for online browsing :) But not everybody has access to internet or has it but not constantly, even with GSM/3G phones. So I think that ideal situation is to have offline databases with SWOS Editors or Excel. Editors don t have many options for global filtering, for example, filtering ALL players by some criterias simultaneously. Excel is more flexible that s why I want xls-database.

I don t understand your reactions.
I asked CONCRETE question - Can you create a database in MS Excel format for offline using?
And you answered Use HTTrack Website Copier and save the whole thing on your PC and The advantage of online database is that...
I know that having online database + editors is better than only having editors. But I asked CONCRETE question!!! I don t need advices about how and when I can or must use online database.

- Do you know where to buy a RED T-Shirt?
- Try YELLOW, it s better.

;)

More
16 years 8 months ago #23976 by Playaveli
Why don t you write a PM to Whiteulver? That s better...

So you ll make sure he reads it.

More
16 years 8 months ago #24020 by whiteulver

OK, as I see I will not have a database in Excel format. Why? - is it impossible to create it?

I understand that online database is for online browsing :) But not everybody has access to internet or has it but not constantly, even with GSM/3G phones. So I think that ideal situation is to have offline databases with SWOS Editors or Excel. Editors don t have many options for global filtering, for example, filtering ALL players by some criterias simultaneously. Excel is more flexible that s why I want xls-database.

I don t understand your reactions.
I asked CONCRETE question - Can you create a database in MS Excel format for offline using?
And you answered Use HTTrack Website Copier and save the whole thing on your PC and The advantage of online database is that...
I know that having online database + editors is better than only having editors. But I asked CONCRETE question!!! I don t need advices about how and when I can or must use online database.

- Do you know where to buy a RED T-Shirt?
- Try YELLOW, it s better.

;)

The problem is this...

1) I dont have the time or the knowledge to make a code that exports swos database to excel file.

2) I dont have the time to write a code for exporitng swos database to .csv file (excel compatible)

Solution:

1) Use my editor to export teams to html files and convert them to excel files. (Excel can open html files)

2) Use online database ;)

3) Hire a programmer to do it, individual for your self :)

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds