Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!

More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #60999 by Falcon
Replied by Falcon on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!
time to tell the tale.

I actually started playing SWOS against a human opponent. When I was first introduced to the game I though this is way too fast for me!
It turned out that it wasn t. In comparison I started playing pretty late, must have been mid 90s.
I was playing against Thalion a lot and lost many many many matches. So did I ever think I was the best player around? Nope. Not a chance.
When I moved out of the neighbourhood I shared with Thalion, I started to do career mostly, but not as a player, but a coach. I spent whole days to develop the perfect tactic for the team I managed at that time considering strenghts and weaknesses of all players. Actually I once got the duty to develop a tactic for a real life village football team and it somehow worked (although this is a completely different thing!
Later on I switched to PC and at that time I think I returned to actually play the matches again.
This went on for a few years and no one to play against in sight (the village was pretty small and it was the heyday of 3D and RTS).
When I moved back into the city to the student s dorm I stopped playing for at least a year.
Until this guy you now know as Schulle move into the door next to mine. First we discovered that we shared an obsession for music and about a week or two later I discovered a SWOS Icon on his PC. I asked about it and boom the nights flew by playing until we couldn t even sit on the chairs anymore.

I got pretty beat up again for most of the time, but hell I was used to it from former times and I was still incredibly glued to the game.
This went on for 2? years and then Schulle went on to study in another town. We stayed in touch and in an Amiga board some guys had written a tutorial how to use Kaillera.
Taking this long shot I was asking aunt Google about SWOS and how to configure it for kaillera so I could keep on playing vs Schulle.

This is how I found ss.de. It was incedible there was this huge, really huge community dedicated to this masterpiece of entertainment software.
I got it all explained to me and got into my first match...against Playaveli....and lost 0-9 which was a shock to me. Not the result itself, but the skills Playa revealed in the matched. I had seen thing I would never dreamed of. Still recollecting the times, we all got way beyond that.
Still, I was so psyched that in the second match I accidentally hit the ESC key and then I had enough for 2 weeks lol.
Shortly after this incident I told Schulle about the community and that you could play online and after a little hesitation he joined the ranks.

Everything that follows is well known history. Schulle and me played a huge number of matches against each other online and still do. I had my peak at number 21 for a few seconds and he got into a battle for number one with Coolio, gained #1 in the ranking for a short breath but finally handed the crown to Coolio.

€

One more thing to tell.
In preparations for the Einstein cup a few years ago, I reunited with Thalion for a SWOS session, we played the old Manchester (me) vs Real (him) battle as a league of 10 matches. He won being one goal in front. That was one of the best SWOS experiences ever. Losing this way does not hurt at all :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70593 by Schulle
Replied by Schulle on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!
:)

More
13 years 3 months ago #94724 by Playaveli
Any updates or stories from new members?

More
12 years 7 months ago #104855 by Pallister
*BUMP* ;D

More
12 years 7 months ago #105292 by _sox_
Replied by _sox_ on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!
when i was kid i prayed to nake swos online reality! i was sure i was the best in the universe and i wanted to show the planet all my skills!!!!!!!!!!
i remember the joy that i felt when i discovered winuae+kaillera!!! that joy was only less than disappointment i felt when i saw i was not the best. i was not strong...i was an ordinary man!! i hated that situation and still hate it...i m try to improve myself day by day to become the N1 but the street to the succes is so heavy. meanwhile i m happy to play against big players and learn something more from they!!
one day i ll conquer the (swos) world! MUAHAHHAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!

More
12 years 7 months ago #105303 by Pallister
;D

More
12 years 6 months ago #105452 by Lucaa83
Replied by Lucaa83 on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!

when i was kid i prayed to nake swos online reality! i was sure i was the best in the universe and i wanted to show the planet all my skills!!!!!!!!!!
i remember the joy that i felt when i discovered winuae+kaillera!!! that joy was only less than disappointment i felt when i saw i was not the best. i was not strong...i was an ordinary man!! i hated that situation and still hate it...i m try to improve myself day by day to become the N1 but the street to the succes is so heavy. meanwhile i m happy to play against big players and learn something more from they!!
one day i ll conquer the (swos) world! MUAHAHHAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!

Great Sox!!! :) :) when i was kid i didn t play swos so much. I just played it against my brother and CarmineTCS (do you remember about him? :). I taught my fingers on the piano....same fingers that i use in my dribble style.... :) :) :), eh eh!

Greetings

Lucaa83

More
12 years 6 months ago #105517 by Ali
Replied by Ali on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!
We had amiga 500+. Mostly we played Sensible soccer (1992). Later Sensible world of soccer (1994). I played vs my brother mostly, (cause we were only one in the world who played sensible soccer world class). 10 min friendly games. Career when I played alone. We swossed till year 1997-1998. So 6 years active swos. Then a long time ps ps2 nintendo 64 and other stuff, so no swos. Till I searched for sensible soccer on google (2008). And found out great stuff..

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #105660 by Manuel
Replied by Manuel on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!
When i was 6 years i bought my first Sensible Soccer game,it was Sensible Soccer World Cup(94),i remember Rud Gullit on the cover.
I played in Europa cup(with only 8 team,that in 92 Denmark won)I played funny cup,Cup of the Chicken!Someone remember it ?When the ball tuched the pitch,it bounced in strange mode :D the ball was more speed.
Then i had grown and in adolescence(12-13 years) a my friend gave me SWOS 96/97 ,i liked the big database,then i played a lot of carrer
Then when i was 16-17 years i found swos on internet there was an italian community,when we played Swos OFFLINE (the site was swositalia and the administrator was Toni),we played a game offline and then send the file with replay and game for e-mail (the best result won).
Then i found this big community(SS.DE),i meet Sasy,Luca,CarmineTCS that trained me, i lost a lot of matches 7-0 ; 8-0 minimum) ...my dream was scored at least a goal agaist them,i scored it,then my dream was lost with few goals suffered...i improved day by day step by step(the bigh foreignes players accept my challenge,my dream was play in equal level agaist Luca,Redhair,Ottoman,Sasy,Carmine and naturally agaist the big Playaveli(his celebrety was and is big).. for me was incredible play agaist them,naturally/obviously i lost all games in first two months,i played many ooo,i lost the first 200 games i think :D but my passion for this game is big and won my first games.My best experience is the Swos off Line , the Sensi days...when i won the World Cup in 2009 i slept with the cup near my bed,I CRIED that night,for me was incredible,that night was the best night without a girl :D of my life ,i remembered my past,i understood that SWOS is my LIFE !
Have nices days with SWOS !!!!

More
12 years 6 months ago #105663 by Pallister
Wow Manuel....that s truely a great story. Wonderful that people like you could win such a tournament like the Sensidays...I believe that this would be the greatest SWOS related moment in your life. I got a goosepell when I ve read that:

My best experience is the Swos off Line , the Sensi days...when i won the World Cup in 2009 i slept with the cup near my bed,I CRIED that night,for me was incredible[...]i remembered my past,i understood that SWOS is my LIFE !

Thanks for letting us know, mate ;)

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds