Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!

More
15 years 5 months ago #51726 by lobo
Replied by lobo on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!
SWOS was a cult game where I used to live. There was 10-15 of us meeting to play tournaments in someone s house on a regular basis. My biggest opponent was Simpel www.sensiblesoccer.de/index.php?site=community_profil uid=6796 , we played 1000s of games against each other (I remember 6x10 leg DIY leagues in a row ;)). I was never really interested in playing careers, I got bored after a while. I was lucky enough to participate twice in 100+ players tournaments in Poland (1996-1997), so I had a general idea where I was in terms of skills. Then there was a long gap until I met Pallister who lured me to ss.de.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #51728 by Kyon
Replied by Kyon on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!
I think thats not a game its cultural artifact

• yorgosk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #56609 by yorgosk
Replied by yorgosk on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!
Well me also,like many others thought i was the best in the world. ;D ;D ;D

I mean i could dominate the career mode even with trial players n stuff,i could win over Italy
with Fiji Islands national team e.t.c...(well i believe many people did those things too).
I could beat easily all my hardcore swos fan friends,so...u know...

Well,now that years gone by,i know that there is a certain point of skill,after which all players are equal.
Maybe have different style of play,but they are equal in my opinion.

So even though i don t participate in online leagues,even though i only play carrer mode nowdays when i have the time (cause u know there is not much free time),
I do believe that i am in the top players in the world,along with many other equally axcellent swos players of course.

Greetings from Greece.

More
15 years 2 months ago #56613 by Coolio_Jack

Well,now that years gone by,i know that there is a certain point of skill,after which all players are equal.

If there is a skill point like that, then noone has reached it yet.

• yorgosk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 2 months ago #56619 by yorgosk
Well i don t mean that skill point as a certain one.
I just say that after a point of skill that is very close to perfect (which of course can never be achieved and will never be.Not only in swos but in all things in life.)
all players are equal.
In my opinion of course.
For example you, Coolio,have reached that point of skill.But as you say the perfect skill haven t been achieved yet.And will never be.
But you are in the top swos players class that consists of many people around the globe.
I can t say if you are better than Playaveli or any other online player in here.
I can t say if your better than me or any other of the thousands of great swos players around the world.I don t see big defferences you know.
There s no point in trying to say who s better cause you can t and that s the beauty of the game.That s what i meant in my previous post.
But you are in the best players for sure. ;D

More
15 years 2 months ago #56625 by Oli O.
Replied by Oli O. on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!

So even though i don t participate in online leagues,even though i only play carrer mode nowdays when i have the time (cause u know there is not much free time),
I do believe that i am in the top players in the world,along with many other equally axcellent swos players of course.

Hm, I hope you are right, so we have another good player in our community. :)

But on the other hand, 8 years ago I thought the same about my skills and tactics. I only had a very good friend and excellent swos player as opponent and the computer, of course.
After lots of offline tournaments, some online matches and a handful of updated tactics, you can improve yourself in a way you don t believe.

So, if I could play against myself (Oli O. from 2008 vs. Oli O. from 2000), I would destroy my younger self utterly. :D

More
15 years 2 months ago #56627 by Sheriff
Replied by Sheriff on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!
Hey Giorgo

Den kserw an epsakses , pantws iparxoun arketoi ellines paixtes, eidika arxes tou 2008, twra miname mono 2, mazi me sena 3 an eisai pragmati active giati de vlepw na exeis paiksei games online.

Welcome yorgos

and dont confuse the offline and online swos, is far away difference.

• yorgosk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 2 months ago #56630 by yorgosk
Well i wish i had the time to participate in contests.This would give me the chance (after a lot of destroying games for my pride...hahaha...), to improve even more.
But nowadays i hardly even find time to play some games in career mode.I guess this is part of growing up too.Lol.
I joined this community mostly from respect to the greatestvideo game of all times in my opinion,knowing i won t be able to play online or offline.
I spent many many hours,days,weeks,months,years playing swos so i guess i wanted to see if it is still alive.And yep...it sure is...

Den exw paiksei Sheriff,alla ontws den eimai active sto online gaming klp.Mporei kapoia stigmh na vrw xrono na to dokimasw ki auto.
Pantws tha ta leme apo dw. :)

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #56646 by Coolio_Jack

Well i don t mean that skill point as a certain one.
I just say that after a point of skill that is very close to perfect (which of course can never be achieved and will never be.Not only in swos but in all things in life.)
all players are equal.
In my opinion of course

Its like saying top 100 tennis players are on the same skill level, cause they all reached a high level of the game. Swos is not that simple as it sounds from your words, comparation with a real sport is a good one.

• yorgosk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 2 months ago #56676 by yorgosk
Real sports with swos? ::)
Sorry...Not the same thing my friend...
And even if it was so,why does the ranking changes in tennis?I mean someone was number twenty and now he is number one.And next year might be number ten.
What happened he gained skill and then lost part of it?Nope...there r just many player with high level of skills but one is in a better condition than the other at certain tournaments.

Wanna talk about soccer?Who is the best player?Can you name one?Is it the one voted by FIFA?Well i can find millions of people that has a different opinion. :) You see?
When you are talking about the highest level of skills,it is very hard to say who is the best.Cause everyone is so close to another that the result can never be the same.

I hope you get my point.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds