Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!

More
15 years 2 months ago #56743 by GFC
Replied by GFC on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!

Ranking in tennis changes as the new generations come, try telling Nadal and Federer that there is no diffrence between them and someone ranked 20. and see how will they react. Federer was no1 for five years for example, how is he not diffrent than the others.

That s true but a comparism to SWOS still doesn t work. Because Federer and Nadal participate in competetive tournaments (-- leagues) on a regular basis and have to prove their status again and again and again. Here in ss.de it s voluntary to do that.

Lets put it this way. Lets say there are 2 players(both top ), one of them has a row of undefeated games against the other for , lets say 25 games. Are u saying thats just a coincidence? From what you are saying, it seems like all the results between top players are random.

Equations with only two variables are too easy for my taste.

What about this:
Player A doesn t loose 25 in a row vs. Player B
Player B doesn t loose 25 in a row vs. Player C
Player C doesn t loose 25 in a row vs. Player A
(Extend this from A - Z if you like)

Who is the best? It s impossible to tell. And that s what Yorgosk meant from what I can see.
I have to agree with him on that point.
In the end we have quite a lot Federers and Nadals beating each other at any time:
Coolio, Luca, Lobo, Aliciq, Redhair, Pallister, Noobas, Giggs...and more and more and more, I cannot even name them all.

I don t want to hurt your feelings fella, but both of your opinions here sounds funny to me :)

A-B-C variant is impossible in the real world, there is no situation in any competition that matches this.

Also, Nadal and Fedex play voluntarily too, noone force them to do so. And, perhaps, there are dozens of talented fellows that could easily kick their asses somewhere on the planet, but noone has ever heard of them. You simply never know this for sure.

It would be great to tellZidane or Maradona too that some guys from 4th Mexican league are as good as ther were, or at least similar.

Winners exists everywhere, losers too. You cant match these two groups. No way.

cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #56745 by Playaveli
You cannot hurt my feeling with ideas which aren t my property! ;)
I think you misunderstood something which in the end amused you.

Nadal and Fedex don t play voluntary. They have sponsor contracts etc which force them to...

• yorgosk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 2 months ago #56768 by yorgosk
Replied by yorgosk on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!
Plus,i guess all of us know how things work in Swos,so i am sure you have experienced losing 3-0,
and then play another game with the same opponent and win 3-0. ;)

Anyway,about Swos in the Stone Age...

How many joysticks-keyboards-monitors have you broken after losing 1-0 by the CPU,
while you had 1.000.000 shots on target but his goalkeeper turned into Superman that day? ;D ;D ;D

More
15 years 2 months ago #56784 by Pallister

How many joysticks-keyboards-monitors have you broken after losing 1-0 by the CPU,
while you had 1.000.000 shots on target but his goalkeeper turned into Superman that day? ;D ;D ;D

That s why I own 150+ Joysticks...

@yorgosk: I really want to see your face when you start online playing and get asskicked ;D

More
15 years 2 months ago #56785 by Sheriff
Replied by Sheriff on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!
hahahaha pallister

More
15 years 2 months ago #56786 by Oli O.
Replied by Oli O. on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!

@yorgosk: I really want to see your face when you start online playing and get asskicked ;D

And I want to see your face, if he kicks your ass... :D

• yorgosk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 2 months ago #56787 by yorgosk
Replied by yorgosk on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!

That s why I own 150+ Joysticks...

Hahahaha!
You don t wanna see that man...But the really funny part is listening to the polite Greek language i will use! ;D ;D ;D

Not really though...

I was quite young back then.Nowadays i won t get pissed off. 8)

• sensibull84
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #57546 by sensibull84
Replied by sensibull84 on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!
SWOS was the best game that I had on my Amiga when i was a kid. my big brothr introduced me to Sensible Soccer 1.1 and i hated it when i first played it, was too hard. i was just to used to playing micropose soccer on my commodore 64. then later that year (1994, i remeber it vividly) he actually gave me his Amiga as a birthday present, and i started playing Sensible Soccer, then one day my friend introduced me to SWOS (which he actually hated, being that he was a kick-off fan), and i really got into it.

i became so good that i continuously kept on winning each game by at least 5 goals, no matter what team i played or was playing with.

but i always played against the computer, so thats all the competition I had.

then when i went to italy at the end of 1997, i found out that my cousins were into SWOS, and i mentioned that i played swos and i was good at it.

they started bragging that they could beat me, and being 13 at the time, i started bragging about myself as well.

one night, we all got together and had a huge competition.....and no second guesses as to who was victorious!!!

its something i can never forget. 1 australian vs 8 italians :P

sheit...it just came to my mind...06 WC penalty...D OH! ......karma???.........NA! just co-incidence :P

anyway, after that got back home, payed for a bit more, then i stopped using the amiga when i brought a playstation, then from a playstation came a Pentium II PC, and that was the end.

now im looking to buy new joysticks and two amiga-usb adapters and play SWOS online, and also host some retro nights with family and friends.

SWOS had been one big part of my childhood, and im glad it was. hopefully with some time, and luck, and co-operation from others, that i can turn back time and enjoy SWOS like i used to.

• sensibull84
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 2 months ago #57547 by sensibull84
Replied by sensibull84 on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!

OH....MY....GOD!!!!

i thought it only happened to me, but bloody hell!
i could not believe that some matches, the computers goalkeeper would liturally save every shot!!! and inevitably, the computer would get a goal to win it, as though it cheated!!!

goalkeeper turned into superman

HAHAHAHAHAHA ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS EXACTLY RIGHT MAN!!!! YOU HIT THE NAIL RIGHT IN THE HEAD. I CAN T STOP LAUGHING! Ive even struggled typing this in how funny it is.

i mean, the goalkeeper is on one side of the post, and next thing you know it FLIES from one side tot he other to save the ball ............ ROFL!!! oh the memories....and the joysticks which bore the brunt of my frustrations.

• sensipla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #60953 by sensipla
Replied by sensipla on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!
Of course I thought I was one the best player in the world (but was sure other really good players are somewhere out there coz my brother I used to play swos with was tough opponent=proof I wasnt only excellent swos player) :) Like plenty of other guys as I read here ;)
I started playing Sensible Soccer around summer 1993 or 1994, I dont remember exactly, I am sure it was summer and I was studying at primary school (finished in 1994). It doesnt matter. I had tried two versions of classic SS, I´d always found the way how to score and the game became too boring. When first SWOS was released I played it really a lot (every day, every night) and made notes about the best players (wrote down every single player valued more than 1M, hard work, believe me :) ). Me and my brother competed against each other and had funny times with SWOS. Then with SWOS 95/96, 96/97 and other editions too.
After couple of months the matches against computer became boring again and I found how to made it funny again - choose nationality that has weak national team in career mode (Iceland was my favourite). Qualifications were too easy so I forbid to myself to save positions, for EC and WC I allowed one or two saves (when I used them out and then lost, I was out of the competition) during the tournament. The reason why I thought I was swos god was following:
I read few reviews about swos in czech computer magazines and it made me laugh. They gave useful hints and tips to readers, for instance: if you finish fourth or fifth in the league first season, its good result :) Dont use these and those tactics, use these and those, they are good (no original tac is good, all suck :) ) etc. I thought: if these reviewers and experienced swos players gave hints like these, I am nonbeatable swos machine and maybe genius ;D
I played PC SWOS after selling Amiga at late 90s but I found it little different and not so good.
Now I am registered memeber on sensiblesoccer.de (for five days). I made a mistake I hadnt played swos at least for few days before I played first game here (last time I played it around August or September last year), I would lose only 1-4 instead of 1-6 ;D My first feeling about swosing online was like Whats wrong, my players are bad, the game doesnt work well, phuck, its butchery. :) I had to make a swos introspection. But I am glad most of the guys (are there any girls here ?) have same or similar experience and they have increased their swos skills.
About playing against tough opponents - yesterday I played against some guy (dont remember the name exactly - Bomb/Bombs) whos got aroud 1500 wins in stats and the games were equal. Great feeling. I played against another guy - Ejder-Z (he is real killer :) ) with more awesome stats, I lost only 1-2 in first game (I guess he was testing my style, but I dont have any :)), the rest was horrible, dreadful, worst swos experience ever (2-6 or 7, I dont remember and 1-9). Its good to know how good I will be one day ;D I am afraid I will never reach this swos art but I wanna be at least average (it means much better than I am now).
Thats it for now, I am hungry :) And looking forward to afternoon and evening!

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds