Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!

More
16 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #19302 by Playaveli
Hi folks,

you know, once upon a time SWOS was not playable online. Not even Sega Sensi.
You all were either stuck against the Cpu in career mode or were one of those lucky guys who had a friend or more friends that played with you.
In whatever situation you were back then... what did you think about the world of SWOS?

Were you one of those persons who thought he s the best because of winning with Faroer Island against Italy in the world cup final?

What was your story? Tell us about it... SWOS in the Stone Age! ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago #19304 by Redhair
Replied by Redhair on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!
I thought I am good. But I wasn t ;)

More
16 years 11 months ago #19305 by Lucaa83
Replied by Lucaa83 on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!
i didn t think, because i didn t like SWOS when i was kid ;D ;D, eh eh ;D

More
16 years 11 months ago #19308 by Gloam
Replied by Gloam on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!
Of course one would be rather silly for thinking they were the best in the world all because they can beat the computer. I always think there are better players than me no matter what game I m playing. Besides my suspisions about SWOS were confirmed after play with you lot.

More
16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 11 months ago #19316 by Oli O.
Replied by Oli O. on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!
Obi and I thought that we were one of the bests in playing PC-SWOS because we didn t know other SWOS-freaks. :)
In 1998 we started creating effective custom tactics and ever since this step we had many fights against each other on a level like Sensidays, ISSA, online. So in fact from the late 90 s on we were probably two of the best PC-SWOS-players you could find.

Now...: Obi has retired, nearly everyone has own tactics, and I m getting older and slower! :D

More
16 years 11 months ago #19317 by Playaveli

Of course one would be rather silly for thinking they were the best in the world all because they can beat the computer.

There are a lot of people like this! But most of them have learned better... ;)

More
16 years 11 months ago #19320 by EreWeGo
Replied by EreWeGo on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!
...I never thought I was the best player - I thought the AI was the best player actually! ;)
Couldn t believe some of the saves and shots my opposition somehow always seemed to pull off at critical times. I do remember a HUGE sense of accomplishment the first time I had a winning season...

As far as human players - I didn t know anyone that played SWOS, (I come from NZ remember, land of Rugby and...well..Rugby!) - in fact it was Sensible Soccer and SWOS that helped me develop an interest in real-life football matches.

The only human player I beat on a couple of occasions was my older brother - and I stopped playing against him after he broke one of my favourite joysticks after another loss!
:)

More
16 years 11 months ago #19350 by Gary Lineker
i knew i was great and i was right

More
16 years 11 months ago #19354 by Redhair
Replied by Redhair on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!

i knew i was great and i was right

LOL
Attachments:

More
16 years 11 months ago #19499 by Robbie
Replied by Robbie on topic Re: SWOS in the Stone Age!
I m a true PC Swos player for many years (with pauses in between). Never played online, but once in the Dutch Tournament against others. When I played 95/96 EC I thought I was nearly the only person playing the game. At that time I played many hours a day and played many seasons in a row without any goal against. And yes, I have to admit I thought I d beat anyone with it when I played on my own pc. Maybe big mouthed but never thought the game would be this popular. I was really surprised that I found articles and communities for SWOS. I enjoyed playing it very much, and it seemed there were some other. I saw statistics online of careers by other players, and I was surprised that others could score almost as much as me. But no records of a career seasons in a row of winning all matches and having no against goals. Still thought I was very good!

But, at some point, my interest for playing SWOS changed to other activities. Didn t play for a long time. Now I have some periods I play much, or less, or not at all. I ll never get back to the level I had several years ago. I don t have the time to practise that much anymore :(

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds