bug report

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #144684 by starwindz
Replied by starwindz on topic bug report

Hi, a couple of minor bugs I noticed when playing 1.5.3 tonight:

1) Amiga mode with Playaveli pitches (2021). When selecting ‘training pitch’ to use during career mode, when shooting up the screen, rotating advertising hoardings appeared 2/3 times during the half. They appear to be floating in mid-air, rotate and then disappear completely. It looks a bit odd with the white barriers around the training pitch.

2) Noticed during career mode, but suspect its every time where a tactic is used / changed - if a tactical change during the team selection screen results in a ‘big’ green tick above the team, the flashing tick graphic appears as expected, however there is a line of dots underneath the tick that looks out of place (this does not appear in original / previous versions of SWOS).

Let me know if any more details are required!

Let me know if

will check these issues out. thanks for the info
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by starwindz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #144685 by starwindz
1) Amiga mode with Playaveli pitches (2021). When selecting ‘training pitch’ to use during career mode, when shooting up the screen, rotating advertising hoardings appeared 2/3 times during the half. They appear to be floating in mid-air, rotate and then disappear completely. It looks a bit odd with the white barriers around the training pitch.

=> this is a bug of pitch selector. it will be fixed in 1.5.4 update

2) Noticed during career mode, but suspect its every time where a tactic is used / changed - if a tactical change during the team selection screen results in a ‘big’ green tick above the team, the flashing tick graphic appears as expected, however there is a line of dots underneath the tick that looks out of place (this does not appear in original / previous versions of SWOS).

=> this is a sprite glitch generated from work-in-progress graphics editor. please click "download again" button to download fixed version of pitches in DLC manager
2019 - Speedball
2020 - Official 2021
2021 - Minor League
2021 - Sci-Fi Pitches
2021 - Star Trek
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by starwindz.

More
3 years 1 month ago #144702 by Theologistic
Replied by Theologistic on topic bug report
Thank you Starwindz. Both of those make sense. Sorry that I did not get time today to send you screenshots (work). Do you still need these? Feels like you know what the issues are and what has caused them.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #144703 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic bug report
I recognized this tick and X glitch, too. It seems to be solved now after redownloading pitch sets from DLC!
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Playaveli.

More
3 years 1 month ago #144704 by starwindz

Thank you Starwindz. Both of those make sense. Sorry that I did not get time today to send you screenshots (work). Do you still need these? Feels like you know what the issues are and what has caused them.

Causes of all issues have been confirmed and resolved. do not need screenshots for now :)

More
3 years 1 month ago #144712 by ZoomZoom
Replied by ZoomZoom on topic bug report

Another bug I have found since updating to latest version is...
The menu music plays during the match, I had to turn off the menu music.
Keep up the great work!

please upload swos.log (in swos folder) <== this is an important thing to resolve the issue!

The issue has been fixed since I updated. Thanks.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #144723 by verdealex79
Replied by verdealex79 on topic bug report
Hi, I am noticing weird UI interactions if I try to play your DLC DIY championships.

I tried the Italy 90 championsips - configured in the DLC manager to control Italy.

For instance, when I start the mathc Checkoslovakia-Italy, it shows the Chekoslovakia screen (the team I didnt choose) with the button "coach match".

If I play "View Oppo", it shows Italy screen but without any button. If I click the right mouse button, UI buttons appear and I can select "play match". If I click "View Oppo" again, instead of going back to Checkoslovakia it starts the match.

When I play the match, the commentary is always ON even if I have disabled it in the preferences.

Back when the game has ended, all other matches - when I click - RESULT - instead of immediately showing the result, open the team screens and I have to click "VIEW RESULT" on both of them to see the result.

If one of the team has a player injured or disqualified for bookings, though, I have no buttons on that team's screen. But if i click the right mouse button, the game goes on and shows the result; its not clear if the game takes care of the substition of unavailable players though...

These are bugs, right? I can see these behaviours any time I try, easy to reproduce. I tried on 3 different PCs, two of them have Win10 and one of them has Win7.

Thank you for your wonderful work!!!
Last edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by verdealex79.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #144724 by Playaveli
In DLC, first, set ALL teams to Computer teams. Then only select YOUR team of choice as player team. Then it should work without problems.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #144726 by verdealex79
Replied by verdealex79 on topic bug report
oh, silly me! The default options are set to "coach all".. i had not noticed.. thank you!

The commentary issue stays, though; if you disable the commentary in the options and then load one DLC championship, the commentary option is turned on (every match of the championship plays the commentary) and the option stays enabled even if you exit the championship, unless you disable it again.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #144727 by Playaveli
Yes, that is the same as in old DOS / Amiga SWOS... ;) DIY files have the sound/commentary options saved in them. So, those DIY files were created with "sound / commentary ON". It's not a bug.

Time to create page: 0.336 seconds