SWOS 2020 - bug reports

More
3 years 7 months ago #143957 by Kibic
Replied by Kibic on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports
I have a problem with my career at Total Patch. After the season is over and the results of all leagues are simulated, an error appears and the game crashes. This is the case every time, I checked different leagues and different DB. I have Greekfix selected
Log
Warning: Spoiler!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #144028 by falk-o-mat
Replied by falk-o-mat on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports
Hi,

I use an Xbox Wireless Controller and often have the problem that players do not react when I press the fire button or to the analog stick movement. For example, often when I try a kick (long press) the player does not shoot. I understand that sometimes this is due to the game logic (although I don't understand this in detail), e.g. when a player has barely control of the ball or is being attacked by an opponent player. But for me this happens almost every time when I try to kick the ball with a defender out of my defense when I pass the ball from the goalkeeper after it was out of the game. Or when I am controlling the ball with an attacker in the opponent's goal box and try to shoot. Sometimes it also happens that the player suddenly stops running (with or without having the ball) and nobody reacts to the movement of the analog stick (this happens rarely, might also be just a bug in the game, still it is quite annoying).

I tried connecting with Bluetooth and USB (wired), but this makes no difference. In the Settings section where you can calibrate the gamepad everything seems normal and working. I don't think that the controller is broken, it works perfectly when I play other games. However, one problem might be that I unintentionally press the left or right triggers a bit sometimes. These trigger a Y-movement and interfere with the left analog stick. Is there a way to disable these triggers?

I run SWOS 1.2.5 / Amiga game style.

More
3 years 5 months ago #144035 by Playaveli
These Xbox controllers are just.... ******! :D I'm sorry.
Workaround:

How about getting an oldschool controller from ebay? At best, get the same controller you used in the 90ies to play SWOS, and some USB adapter.

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #144067 by Kvathros
Replied by Kvathros on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports
Three bugs found.

One, the Wolverhampton club in England is called the Wolves. Or Arsenal name is changed to the Gunners, Newcastle to the Magpies, Man United to the Red Devils, etc, etc, etc, or the Wolves name doesn't make sense.

Other: Holland is Netherlands. They officially change the name in January.

Other: Spain 3 letters (SPA) was changed to ESP. I'm guessing it's because it's España in Spanish. But if so, change GER from Germany to DEU (Deutschland).

There is absolutely no change in the game itself like adding several divisions and teams (the most important thing to me). Just a few nice fields and commentators. Which is nice but at least get the database right. The game is becoming a bit of a joke.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Kvathros.

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #144068 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports
One: Only because it does not make sense to you personally, that does not mean it's a bug.

Other: Game was released in 2019!

Other: No change has been made here. Country codes have been left untouched, as in the original game. It always has been ESP for Spain in SWOS!

---

There is absolutely no change in the game itself like adding several divisions and teams (the most important thing to me). Just a few nice fields and commentators. Which is nice but at least get the database right. The game is becoming a bit of a joke.

No change? Did you recognize that you play without an emulator now, on your modern windows?
The database is spot on for the 19/20 season. (Work is going on for 20/21 season)

If it's a joke to you... feel free to play Sociable Soccer!
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Playaveli.

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #144109 by Gokufl3x
Replied by Gokufl3x on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports
Hello, I bought the game on the gog website and after installing SWOS 2020 when I press run swos 2020, I get an error
zapodaj.net/2d808bd089fcb.jpg.html
of course, I did everything with the swos2020.hdf file on swos.hdf and everything is fine to install, but I can't run the game, please help

Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Gokufl3x.

More
3 years 5 months ago #144112 by Playaveli
Must be a problem with vc++ versions. Go to Control Panes / Programs and deinstall all vc++ versions, deinstall SWOS 2020.
Then reboot. Then reinstall SWOS 2020 from scratch.

That should help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gokufl3x

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #144130 by captaincofresi
(1) What is the latest news on the 'very hard to beat goalkeepers (GK / GKS)' for SWOS 2020 in Amiga mode? Since I have not seen any announcements on this topic since about a month ago.

(2) What programs do I need to backup, to make sure that on a next update I can KEEP these 'very hard to beat goalkeepers (GK / GKS)'? I would think that the database can be updated and I would only have to look at the Launcher (gameLauncher.exe) and/or the SWOS Executable, but for the last one I do NOT know what is meant by this, it can be either (-A-) swos-port-Release.exe OR (-B-) sws.exe OR a complety other file, who can help to clarify this?

It's just that I don't want to be surprised by a SWOS 2020 update and suddenly lose this feature when the team fixes the goalkeepers back to the default setting for the Amiga style of play.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by captaincofresi. Reason: typo

More
3 years 4 months ago #144134 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports

(1) What is the latest news on the 'very hard to beat goalkeepers (GK / GKS)' for SWOS 2020 in Amiga mode? Since I have not seen any announcements on this topic since about a month ago.

(2) What programs do I need to backup, to make sure that on a next update I can KEEP these 'very hard to beat goalkeepers (GK / GKS)'? I would think that the database can be updated and I would only have to look at the Launcher (gameLauncher.exe) and/or the SWOS Executable, but for the last one I do NOT know what is meant by this, it can be either (-A-) swos-port-Release.exe OR (-B-) sws.exe OR a complety other file, who can help to clarify this?

It's just that I don't want to be surprised by a SWOS 2020 update and suddenly lose this feature when the team fixes the goalkeepers back to the default setting for the Amiga style of play.

(1) No news at this point. No announcement to make.

(2) If you wanna keep your current installation, simply do not update. I wouldn't know what else to clarify.

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #144135 by captaincofresi

(1) No news at this point. No announcement to make.

(2) If you wanna keep your current installation, simply do not update. I wouldn't know what else to clarify.

(1) So the goalkeepers are still on the 'very hard to beat goalkeepers' ? Since I do want to use the latest version if possible, just not if those goalkeepers have been fixed. The only thing I read so far is that the team is looking into it and it could take a while to sort it out, since GKs are a sensitive issue on SWOS.

(2) Well, I will just backuped the complete folder, that works too ;-).

EDIT: Apologies, I had not updated for a long time. I now see that you do get a Changelog before you click to Update to the latest version. Just did not know that, then I can always check if the GK fix is noted in the Changelog and choose to either update or not.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by captaincofresi. Reason: new insight

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds