Re: My Early Access Review

More
6 years 5 months ago #138196 by Redhair
Illustration: www.twitch.tv/videos/183775125

Positive:

- Gameplay feels good, it s fun to play
It s better than Sensi 06 (camera still a bit shaky but not that much). Granted, that was not too hard to achieve
Multiplayer and netplay should be entertaining already. Looking forward to that

There should be a Linux version!

- The goals look beautiful
Goal nets feel realistic, scoring is much more fun this way

Imagine SWOS with such a look and feel

- Lots of teams!
You can play your favorite team for sure, that s cool

- Boss Mode challenges give us variety

Neutral:

- Passes are manual, therefor you have freedom of 360 degrees control

I prefer the passing system of SWOS though

- Overall graphics are nice but the pitch looks cheap

Grass needs a juicier green, at least

- Dribbling feels okayish
Ball is not 100% sticky to feet but feels like it
However, I think it s impossible to turn around without losing the ball, even if you walk slow

You should feel that it is harder to keep the ball when running fast

- Shots could be a bit more powerful
There are no spectacular saves by the keeper (are there any saves at all?)

Maybe a better sound when the ball hits the woodwork

Negative:

- Too many buttons
I know, we re living in 2017, controllers have lots of buttons. So, let s make it complicated and give all of them a function
In SWOS you only need one and you can do the same things, even better, except for sprints
Who needs a hoof button? Maybe to cross from the side line?!
However, you cannot kick that long and wide as you are used to in the classic games

An option for 8-ways and 1-button gameplay, this would be awesome!

- Basic football rules are broken
Follow-up shots in penalty shoot-outs are valid: clips.twitch.tv/ExcitedHealthyHornetOMGScoots

- Camera sideview is the default setting
First of all, it is more difficult to play this way. And it feels wrong
This may aim to FIFA/PES players but this is not in the spirit of Sensible

2D view should be the default setting

- Headers are not really good yet
No flying headers at all
Headers should be more powerful and easier to aim

It was kinda perfect in SWOS, more similar would be nice

- Slide tackles feel automated
Too easy to do, players sliding like 10 meters far
You don t have the feeling of full control like you have in SWOS

- Replays are always in the same 3D view which you don t wanna see and you cannot skip at all

Just give us options to change the view, to skip and to switch it completely off

- Keepers and the AI in general are extremely weak, it s just ridiculous
As if this wasn t enough, computer players even score lots of own goals

- Other little bugs...
Sometimes controller buttons not working anymore
Game hangs at several set plays (have to restart match): clips.twitch.tv/SparklingSmoggyMonitorMrDestructoid

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• plib
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 5 months ago #138197 by plib
Replied by plib on topic Re: My Early Access Review
One thing I noticed was that if you play against computer opponents the AI can nod off - however, after a couple of seconds it wakes up again (so nothing like the - according to GT s support - so-called zombie players in Sensi 98 who apparently were blamed on Windows caching at the time) - o.k. I am writing this with the vast experience of two friendlies - Schalke vs. Bochum (I am a child of the Ruhr Area ;-)) but this happened in both matches.

Otherwise, I am fairly happy. This definitely does look promising :-).

More
6 years 5 months ago #138198 by broxopios
Great Review Redhair.

Totally agree with all (positive, neutral and negative). But it s a very good start. Hope the team implement more of your proposals in the next 4-5 months.

More
6 years 5 months ago #138199 by HairFU
Replied by HairFU on topic Re: My Early Access Review
I fully agrre. This ones are the most important things for me:

- Passes are manual, therefor you have freedom of 360 degrees control

I prefer the passing system of SWOS though

- Too many buttons
I know, we re living in 2017, controllers have lots of buttons. So, let s make it complicated and give all of them a function
In SWOS you only need one and you can do the same things, even better, except for sprints
Who needs a hoof button? Maybe to cross from the side line?!
However, you cannot kick that long and wide as you are used to in the classic games

An option for 8-ways and 1-button gameplay, this would be awesome!

- Replays are always in the same 3D view which you don t wanna see and you cannot skip at all

Just give us options to change the view, to skip and to switch it completely off

• Swosso
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 5 months ago #138203 by Swosso
Replied by Swosso on topic Re: My Early Access Review
sorry BUT.... every shoot I score. Very easy!

More
6 years 5 months ago #138206 by Romanista
Thanks for this.. i ll probably buy it when it arrives on switch (seems the perfect platform to me, and they confirmed it last week), so let s hope they listen to you...

More
6 years 5 months ago #138208 by broxopios
The more i play the game, the more i feel the need to have less buttons. Maybe 2 buttons max. One for passing, shooting like in swos and 1 for sprinting. Another option for sprinting should be the L3/LS button (its the left analog stick of PS4/XBOX1 Controller when we push it down). Just an idea. But 4 buttons is too much for a fast paced game.

• petarku
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 5 months ago #138209 by petarku
Replied by petarku on topic Re: My Early Access Review
I bought the game but I realized that all I want is just new version of swos :)

Something like xbla version of swos with net code fixed and some minor bug fixes and improvements as a start base :)
I have the feeling that 80% of the people that bought the game want the same , just another swos ;)
That tells us a lot about quality of swos , 20 years later , not like we didnt know about it !!!

I think the sociable soccer crowd might have problem with target audience as they are getting old swos fans instead of millenials.
Lets see if this will change with game going to android and ios, I will continue to support them but I wish codemasters think about new version of swos with small tweaks.
That would be insta buy on switch

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #138213 by captaincofresi
Thanks Redhair for the review 8) it s really good to have the pros and cons, and like that you also did couple of neutral comments in the review. Haven t seen that before. For me I think an 8-way control with one button would be a must if I m gonna be at all interested in the game. 360 degrees freedom sounds nice, though then you just discard keyboard players completely ;-). I will just see in what direction Sociable Soccer will go, since in the end I just might not be really the target audience.

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #138214 by jandrogo
Replied by jandrogo on topic Re: My Early Access Review
A fast-paced action game like the Swos son should only have 1 or 2 action buttons.

I never played a Kick Off game in my youth, but I got the last year s Dino Dini game, and although at first I felt the game weird, controlling strength and speed with pressure on the analog stick, in the end you get used to it. Having only 1 button to do all the actions makes you feel like in the old days, with a control easy to play difficult to master.

I hope the Sociable Soccer team goes in that direction in the final version, reducing the action buttons and if possible, leaving an option for those of us who play with digital joysticks or keyboard.

Time to create page: 0.281 seconds