Re: Sensible Days 2011

More
12 years 8 months ago #104870 by Yossarian
Replied by Yossarian on topic Re: Sensible Days 2011

It s my turn to share some impressions from Sensi Days! :)

First I must say that the organization was really on the highest level possible. This was my first Sensi Days so unfortunately I can t compare it with previous ones, but it felt good to know that everything was under control.

The location of the tournament was perfect and I can only wish for more tournaments on the seaside!
It is so refreshing to have a swimming pool within 20m from the tournament place, not to mention that the beach was also not so far away.

The air condition at the location was very good and someone mentioned music (m.c.t.?) - I liked it a lot. Hat off to the DJ for putting Beirut in the playlist. ;)

Problems with so many different controllers and splitters was the only thing that slowed us down a bit, but that is always like that and no one was nervous about that.

I d like to thank the organization also for letting me eat that Kinder Surprise egg chocolate. I feel I contributed the organization of the tournament by liberating the precious yellow plastic draw balls from the chains of chocolate. 8)
I pledge to do that on all future tournaments before the draw! ;D

As for my performance on the PC tournament....
Being a swos pensioner as I am for a couple of years now, I must say that I m satisfied. Talking to Micko and mct I said that advancing to the 4-finals will be my goal.
Unfortunately for me I was stopped one step before that, but never the less it felt good and I enjoyed playing competitive swos in Varna.

As for performance of my opponents I must say that I was stunned at how precise and effective Marin and Lobo were in the group stages. It was unreal how they handled their opponents.
In the later moments of the group stage it was really interesting fight for the 3rd place, but I managed to leap from the trio Thomas, Bromberg and Plamen.
Plamen was my pick for the 4th place in the group, but Bromberg was tougher in the end. Thomas lacked a victory or two for a better position in the end.
Special kudos go to Cho, because I had 2 very intense matches against him.
Toncho was way distracted by the pool. 8) We had nice games and I laughed a lot when he appears wet and with a towel over his shoulder eager to play the next match!

Dennis was my last opponent in the 1/8 finals. I saw some of his matches in his group and Micko praised his play as something different from the usual meat-grinder-swos-killer game style you d expect from a top class player. He plays with style and those high balls crossing from one side to another makes it appealing to watch.

Our duel was somewhat different from our usual game styles.
Those were tough two matches with good defenses and an awkward result for the elimination rounds: 1:0 and 0:0 for Dennis.
I felt good after it, although I lost. I played my best 2 matches on the tournament and lost to a better player. Wouldn t be fair if I complained... ;)

I must mention Blazej of course, our reigning champion, who stunned us with his gameplay.
I admit I never saw that kind of gun n run style with so much efficiency and raw beauty in all my swos career!
Micko and me were like this during the finals :o
;D ;D ;D

Amazing stuff Blazej.
I congratulate u one more time! Enjoy the glory and the fame! ;)

See ya all next year, as I will definitely be on the next Sensi Days!!!
Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #104919 by Hawkz
Replied by Hawkz on topic Re: Sensible Days 2011
Just uploaded a video about the Medal Ceremony of the Amiga Tournament. :)

You can see it there:

Cheers!

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #105004 by Sokol
Replied by Sokol on topic Re: Sensible Days 2011
Marin is on the top ;D
88.203.202.50/download/temp/SWOS2011/OnTheTop.avi

On the /\

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #105090 by ElMichaJ
Replied by ElMichaJ on topic Re: Sensible Days 2011
i need some good pictures of the world champions like from 2010 ...

can someone help me ? i would like to replace it on the main news site with the version of 2011 ;)

blazej and hawks

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

More
12 years 8 months ago #105105 by Blazej_Bdg
Replied by Blazej_Bdg on topic Re: Sensible Days 2011
and final matches for my brothers :D

More
12 years 8 months ago #105111 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: Sensible Days 2011

i need some good pictures of the world champions like from 2010 ...

can someone help me ? i would like to replace it on the main news site with the version of 2011 ;)

blazej and hawks

you can capture hawkz from the ceremony vid if the quality is good enough. see 0:50 mark. :)

Just uploaded a video about the Medal Ceremony of the Amiga Tournament. :)

You can see it there:

More
12 years 8 months ago #105116 by dimetrodon

More
12 years 7 months ago #105338 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Sensible Days 2011
PC final, RPL-file available?
Or youtube-version?

Would be nice to see!

More
12 years 7 months ago #105381 by Marin Parushev
It is available for sure, not uploaded yet :( . In the weeks to follow we will upload more videos.

More
12 years 7 months ago #105962 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: Sensible Days 2011
Does anyone have a photo where blazej holds the pc trophy or some video footage, like elmichaj said we need it for frontpage photo. Please don t be shy to post photos ;)

Time to create page: 0.325 seconds