Re: Sensible Days 2009

More
14 years 8 months ago #71782 by Manuel
Replied by Manuel on topic Re: Sensible Days 2009
Fantastic Song for me and Playa :D LOL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #71785 by Bomb
Replied by Bomb on topic Re: Sensible Days 2009
its all said, but I ll repeat:

it was fantastic, and imo, the best event so far!
great location, great the possibility, to chill out with all you guys after the matches,
perfect number of players in one group (7 or 8 players) and so on.
perfect organization, perfect eating ...
just the best!
thx to elmichaj, playa and redhair and all other players who could come!
@marin: your goal was the biggest bug-goal I ever seen (especially that I got 3 out of 4 in the 1/8 final). but considering the fact, that in amiga swos there are so many bug goals too, the only question is:
how can I score that??? ;) pls show me!

as someone said: as long as you cant defend it ... so what?! :D

More
14 years 8 months ago #71788 by FLegby
Replied by FLegby on topic Re: Sensible Days 2009
are u talking about the disgusting goal ? 8)

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #71793 by Marin Parushev
I think my goal or the disgusting goal as you call it is a regular normal goal.
In fact my goals resemble one of the biggest goals in Bulgarian football history (1993 France Bulgaria 1-2, Kostadinov scores in the last minute) --

What do you think about the goals scored from far far away... aren t they more disgusting as they don t resemble any real goal?

More
14 years 8 months ago #71796 by dior
Replied by dior on topic Re: Sensible Days 2009
Ok, i got your point. ;) Good link to wisualisation that i called (promise to newer do it again) dis... goal :)

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #71805 by FLegby
Replied by FLegby on topic Re: Sensible Days 2009
Marin, it may have been the most important goal of Bulgaria s history, since it made you qualify for the WC. Where besides some awesome free kicks a faboulos goal was --
scored by Hristo Stoitchkov, my favourite player from Bulgaria! (this is also similar to the dis... goal )
94 world cup was the best I ever saw, and doubt that it will be topped any time...

one other goal to remember, what you can copy to SWOS --
Letchkov vs Germany, awsome diving header! :)

More
14 years 8 months ago #71810 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: Sensible Days 2009
:)

A very cool event it was. Everything you could have wanted for the official World Cup happened. Lots of great games, some surprise results, great people, good talks, and in the end we saw the right winners in my opinion.

I was very satisfied about the location, nice to get some decent food, and a real bed to sleep in, for a change at a swos event ;)
Too bad the personal staff couldn t quite keep up with the huge demand for cold beer (sensi players drink a lot), all of the time.

Never experienced a swos event before where you had to fight annoying animals during games (100 wasps and a bat!!!! omg) :o

People were really nice as always, dispite many people being dissapointed about their perfomance in the tournament. But thats what happens, when you only have 3 winners in a tournament of 50-60 players. :P

About the tournaments, my goal was to get as far as possible in both tourneys, giving it 100% in all KO games. I was dissapointed about both of my groupstages, having top2 as my goal in both, I ended up as 5th in pc, and 3rd in amiga. On PC i wasn t really sure how was going to play (tactic and controller!) so i tried several options, normal keypad, the arcade and gravis pad, and 3 diff. tactics also. ALI, pedfinal and my own crappy tac dj3. To start experimenting in the world cup probably not the best time ;D and had 7 - 0 - 7 as result in the end. Being 5th in the group I had to meet a strong player Giggs, but not a pc player though, and succeeded with a 2-1 and 5-1. Knowing what followed I wasn t so optimistic before the game, having to meet the PC #1 world ranked player Playaveli, should make any player nervous. But on the other hand i had everything to win, and nothing to lose. I had succes playing Ali s tactic with keypad vs giggs, so i tried this again, and it worked good. I was able to stress playaveli most of the time in both games, and ended up winning 1-0 and 1-1. I couldn t believe it after the game ::) funniest thing was the rest of the danish guys was outside chilling during the game, and they looked even more dissapointed than playa when they realised that they had just missed the game. But i enjoyed their support when i played my next games vs yoda, It felt like the issa guys cheered a little higher than the polish ones ;) after the games i was on to next round with 2-0 0-1, to meet Karlos. I felt quite good leaving first game 1-0. But in the end Karlos was too strong a PC player and won second game 0-2. Knocked out right before medal games I was a little dissapointed, but enjoyed the other knockout games, especially ElMIchaJ was on fire, knocking out Junior and the Rasmus in a way that made them look like swos newbies... I think all of the danish guys was in a shock condition after that performance by ElMichaJ, and I was hoping that he could take 3rd place, but still a superb run from him. But noone could stop Manuel on Saturday, that became more and more clearly during KO s. I haver never seen such a great defence before in SWOS, and icecold in the attack. Although i don t understand how he can score so many goals with one attacker! 8) congrats to you Manuel, more than a deserved win for you.

Amiga was the real tournament at the event ;D (joke) at least for me it was. Being seeded as first in the group, put the pressure on my shoulders, being in group with Foka, Schulle paczek, sanek, adem and asboy. Started the group against schulle with 1-1 result, things could only improve i thought, but i was wrong. In 2 close games vs Foka I only got 1 point. First game ended 3-3 with me being ín the lead 3 times! i was very dissapointed not to get the win. Second meeting with foka got event worse. It was without tactics, but i got a good start 2-0, but it all ended 3-4. :-\ Other games in the group was okay, but i never expected paczek to do so well on a amiga. i lost to him playing with no tactics 5-1 :( So he took the second place after winning against foka in the very last group game. Overall paczek suprised me the most on amiga, great performance knocking out Giggs, who was undefeated untill that game i think. But lobo was to much for him in QF. Besides this again Manuel, beating playaveli in the group, Coolio, ALI and LOBO on his way. Hats off for that perfomance once again!! :o
Ali was the one who knocked me out of the Amiga tourney, which i think was okay. I was sure that either he or coolio would win a trophy at this years sensi days. First game ended 2-3 for ali where he scored a 89 winner goal ;) second game was as i recall equal in first half, but in the end he had another gear, and took home 2nd game 4-2. Great QF s on amiga with all the favorites. Best games was playa-lobo. 5-5, and as a lot of you mentioned the ds header by player. very cool to make it to the final in such a style :D In the final i had no doubts who would win, but Foka still played awsome and gave playa a good fight, but playa was on fire and took home the trophy in great style. congrats to playa once again! :)

--

Some positives and negatives:

- great location, couldn t ask for more, but perhaps cheaper beer , and tourney room seemed very small for 60+ players sometimes, tables could be moved closer to the walls perhaps, to give some more space.
- i support wana s idea about the tactics for amiga, send it to the organizers ahead of the tourney, perhaps also custom teams for amiga/pc.
. get rid of that tactic rule for amiga!!!!!!!!!! it is okay that you can choose what kind of style you want to play yourself standard or modified, but to decide for the opponent is not fair in any way in my opionion, and was used to widely for my taste, i hope others can agree to this point.

as last words, thanks to winners, and all participants, it was great to meet all of you, hope see u next year. And of course to my danish guys, thx for a great road trip and cool weekend :) cu in copenhagen in october.

--

Here is some media from me:

Pictures:

a href= picasaweb.google.com/djowGer/SensiDays09?feat=embedwebsite img src= lh6.ggpht.com/_bBS4f9Dg4xc/So3AFj076RE/A...60-c/SensiDays09.jpg width= 160 height= 160 style= margin:1px 0 0 4px; /a

Video (Atmosphere):
[flash=425,344]www.youtube.com/v/9XxqYtzO2rw[/flash]

Video (Knockout Atmosphere on PC):
[flash=425,344]www.youtube.com/v/_G4638SWTV8[/flash]

Video (Amiga Award ceremony):
[flash=425,344]www.youtube.com/v/AdWjx8tlYu0[/flash]

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #71826 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Sensible Days 2009
Anybody likes to help with entering results?!
Contact me on PM or chat.

. get rid of that tactic rule for amiga!!!!!!!!!! it is okay that you can choose what kind of style you want to play yourself standard or modified, but to decide for the opponent is not fair in any way in my opionion, and was used to widely for my taste, i hope others can agree to this point.

Allowing tactics without restrictions (like on PC) is no option. Too many people disagree.
Forbidding tactics (an actual feature of the game) totally is also no option for us. After all, it s a world cup.
For me there is no alternative for the Amiga event.
Deciding for the opponent is fair to a certain point, because always 2 games (or 4 in KO) have to be played. So it s balanced.
Tactic discussions are old and lame. I am really happy that we finally found such a consense/compromise which almost everybody seems to agree on.
The only rule add-on we consider is to remove copyrights. So nobody could disallow opponent to also take his own tactic.

More
14 years 8 months ago #71827 by Foka
Replied by Foka on topic Re: Sensible Days 2009
I must agree with Waenae calling people before games its hard. Its no problem when ppls are down on beer but when guys going shop or room .... its many time.
tactic rules : man i won KO when my rivals have custom and i play without ;) I think its fair rules .... on PC we need same ... beacouse for example in polish team we have 13 players and only one have custom :)

OK and now my relation

Not too sure what to start with. It s really hard to describe adventure of my life. Last year was my first World Cup. I experienced something great then becaouse of Lobo. I was living every game he played and we spoke about those games a lot afterwards. When he won it felt almost as if I have won. Obviously I felt a little bit jealous but it s pretty normal. I wanted to experience same thing. I never expected it will be this year when we were on our way to Fulda. To be honest I was trying not to think about it. My expectations came true on a 1st day when I played below par. Talking to Lobo after tournament we came to the conclusion that tomorrow will be much better. And it was. I never expected to play the way I played. Those weren t lucky wins and final defeat to biggest sensible legend wasn t too big either.

That final was a dream of mine. Not even for a moment did I think what would be if I have done something better... I was so happy to finish as a runner-up that nothing could spoil it.

The tournament has proved that our community is growing stronger and stronger.
Let me start with Polish Team. It s a group of people you can always count on. I knew it before, last weekend just cofirmed it.
I m so happy I could finaly meet Portugese players. You are a superb Team and you Edgar have to practice lifting the Cup Wink it will come useful next year Cheesy
Sasy, Lucaa, Manuel great Italian Team. Always together, always cheering for each other. Yet again taking Cup home.
Marin, Dennis, Sokol... big respect for all those kilometeres you have done to get to Fulda. It s just incredible. Marin, thanks a lot for all your support in KO.
Hakan, Adem, Ali, Eleven. After this tournament I will remember Adem most Cheesy and his 1 point in PC group.... won against me.
Denmark Team, you are second Team after Poland that strongly supports and cheers for your players. If you were as many as us we would struggle to be louder than you. I find group games against djowger as my personal best during tournament.
LIK, Coolio, m.c.t. Balkanian Team. First two I met for the first time in my life although we know each other for years from the chat room. m.c.t. doesn t join the chat room nevertheless I met him for the second time. Extraordinarily strong players, I will remember beautiful LIK - Ali games for a long time.
Marty is getting better and better and we can be proud he always joins Wroclaw Tournament. Whole Czech Team is improving at the moment. 2 PC medals is a great achievement.
Last will be host nation. ElMichaJ and Bomb... during PC tournament when all Polish players went out you two were our obvious choice and we were cheering for you. You always come to Wroclaw Tournament, it s really important to us and it s an honour to host you. Paider, we played a great group game and I m glad we could talk for a while. Oli, it was incredible you didn t let Coolio beat you in a group stage. You proved that you deserved second spot in a group. Schulle, how could you beat Lobo Cheesy:D who was I supposed to cheer for after that? Last but not least - organizers: Redhair Playaveli. You have organized a great tournament. Location, food, excellent organization. Everything World Cup should be about. Playa, you have proved to be the best player in the world.

And finally Big Thanks to Dior for preparing a pad that took me so far in the tournament.

Last thought. I want to mark I don t consider myself to be second best player in the world. In such an excellent company I had a good day and luck which are needed to win games. It might be only tournament like that in my life. Big thanks to everyone for supporting me and my rivals. It s people who make this tournament one and only and unforgettable.

Thx Lobo for translate ;)

More
14 years 8 months ago #71828 by Marin Parushev
Removing copyrights sounds good... but it should be forbidden to use a tactic created by your opponent unless he agrees.

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds