Re: Sensible Days 2009

More
14 years 8 months ago #71725 by LeMaN
Replied by LeMaN on topic Re: Sensible Days 2009

Luca, Manuel, Sassy - SSIE :) ;D!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #71727 by Wänä81
Replied by Wänä81 on topic Re: Sensible Days 2009
Some more pics

a href= picasaweb.google.com/Waenae81/SensibleDays09?feat=embedwebsite img src= lh5.ggpht.com/_ZkLorX4ueO0/Soukgvuk7kE/A...c/SensibleDays09.jpg width= 160 height= 160 style= margin:1px 0 0 4px; /a

More
14 years 8 months ago #71730 by yoda
Replied by yoda on topic Re: Sensible Days 2009
Thanks for REALLY GREAT TOURNAMENT!!! It is a great pleasure to meet You first time:)
Grats to Winners:)
Positives:
Fantastic Location
Tasty meals
Well organised
Hard disc in amiga
many players and family atmosphere

Negatives:
We wont to sing, support players, cheers somebody on, like in Saturday:) no stay quiet like in Sunday

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #71731 by Redhair
Replied by Redhair on topic Re: Sensible Days 2009
Thx for nice pics ;)
Myself just made a few + a little video of the Amiga award ceremony, also I ve got the photos of Pistolas from Portugal and uploaded all to Flickr, check here: www.flickr.com/photos/7284843@N05/
[flash=425,344]www.youtube.com/v/thE9yu6ufWg hl=de fs=1 [/flash]
Attachments:

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #71736 by dior
Replied by dior on topic Re: Sensible Days 2009
First of all thank you for a fantastic tournament. In my opinion organization was nearly perfect, all bad things (that mentioned Wanae for example) was fault of participants not managers.
For my our offline meetings are chance to meet you all guys and have a good relaxing time, chance for give a support to my friends from Polish SWOS Team and from other country s as well!
Finally i had possibility to speak with all (or almost all) guys i like so much from our society. I ll remember for a long time breakfast time with Playaveli and some good talks during it. It was great to see Schulle, Elmicha, Bomb and Wanae cool and smiled all the time (Wanae, thanks for great deal)! Also i have to thank Pallister for some good (bud short unfortunately) time we could spend and talk about things happened in our lives during past few months. Danny i wish you well in your new - so full of happiness - live!
Was good to see MCT - one of biggest swos maniacs ever! Also big respect for Croatian , Bulgarian (disgusting goals - yes, its to you Marin :P ), Czech, Italian (great performance of Manuel) Hungarian, Portugise (how cool cen you be), Turkey (Eleven :) ) and Danish (you rocks ;) )crews.
And in the end thank you Polish SWOS Team for all time we could spend together!
Its the golden age of swos, its our best times. I hope we can do it next years!
I got so much energy for swos now, cant wait the next tournament - helpfully in the same place - was awesome, absolutely!

More
14 years 8 months ago #71749 by LIK
Replied by LIK on topic Re: Sensible Days 2009
Hi

First I want to thank dior for the pads he made for me and Coolio.

It was nice for me to meat some nice people like xflea, dior, sanek, dzem, Bulgarian guys :)

Hope to see you next year

Cheers!

More
14 years 8 months ago #71750 by m.c.t.
Replied by m.c.t. on topic Re: Sensible Days 2009
Well, I must say that this was a few of the worst days in my life! ..... hehe, just joking... it was great as always ;) Like everyone else said, location was perfect, food was tasty, rooms were every sportsman dream (my room had a view on horses and airport), people were cool as always, and you get a feeling like participating in great sporting event. We should make this an Olympic sport ;D (SWOS is more sport then bridge).

I want to thank my group for being so fast in playing games, and therefore wining a cool Sensi t-shirt! There is one way to speed up groups a little. To write down on a piece of paper who is playing who in the first group games. Then when 2nd leg comes, it s the same line of games and everyone could know when is his turn (sometimes you pause only one game, and sometimes more then 6).

About games...

I have noticed (played), a 3 different styles of play:

- There is high ball players, and their style of play is based on headers and precision
- Players with strong national teams and even stronger defensive tactic (too many of them)
- and players with very little edited tactic (or none at all), and they are good players but playing for fun only.

I think that if we made championship where all teams are equal, and no tactics allowed, there would be a whole different results in the end. But like in real football, SWOS is evolving too, and we are doing everything (legal) that we can to make good results. So for next year I will leave aside my emotions, and take some national team with edited defensive tactic. I will play like Greece on Euro 2004 ;D

About players...

I enjoyed talking to everyone, it s like we all have same language and topics never run out ;D Many thanks to Eleven for everything!!! Sion is going down ;) Thanks also to Pallister for bringing Amiga parts that I need! I found the cables for my Amiga and now I only need to find RF Modulator (I know I saw it somewhere recently)... Sokol was my biggest surprise of PC tournament! He had an amazing run! As also El MichaJ! Manuel also improved greatly from his last tournaments and PC trophy stays in Italy. But my games against Colorado was most fun :) Sanek is back in a big style, I thought that he would reach much higher position. Coolio Jack and Lik, as we discussed, I will be joining you very soon online :) Poland crew was fun and loud as always, I hope to reach Wroclaw in October, visa is my main problem :( ... Czech crew are always aiming for highest position and congratulations to Karlos and Marty for 2 medals. And Bulgarian crew are making steady progress every year, I hope to join you in your travels next year! Denmark, Hungary, Portugal, Turkey, and Serbia did not do well this year, but in 2010, it s our turn 8)

Last but not least, thanks to German players for making all this possible!!! Redhair and Playeveli thank you for many things :)

Hope to see Greg, M4rk and other players that were not here this year!

I will put my pictures tomorrow, but I dont have many of them.... well, I took more then 1000 pictures, but I was more like tourist this year :)

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #71753 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Sensible Days 2009
Hey all,

thanks to everybody involved in this great event, organisators, players and supporters.
It s been a great time and I am really happy that so many great people came to my home town where I first started to play SWOS.
This means a lot to me.
Car trips, train rides, flights... You overcame all obstacles to be here! I love you guys.

Review PC (62 players):

- some great groups, especially killer group F (Ali, mct, Karlos, Sanek...).
- group stage was running well, technical problems could be minimized. That was very positive. Thanks to all people who were involved in hardware-organisation. Good job guys, Paider, Waenae, Romaneq, Redhair!
The groupstage ended with almost expected positions. Biggest surprise for me was Waenae on 2nd place, and beating Rasmus 3-1 in first match of whole group. What a start...
Also Oli O., who won against Coolio 1-0. Nevertheless Coolio won his group in style!
Some of you mentioned Marin s goals. I think they were brilliant. I like to see moves being executed in perfection. I have to learn this way of scoring, too. Thanks Marin!!

File Attachment:

KO rounds:
- OMG, would you believe it?!?!!? :o
- ElMichaj vs. Junior 7-1 in pre-KO-round... you think that cannot be topped?! :P
- ElMichaJ vs. Rasmus 6-0 in round of Last 32... :o :o :o I have no words for that!!! :o (it was Rasmus highest defeat EVER)
- Coolio being kicked out by Sokol in Last 16...
- Me kicked out in Last 32... ok, vs. an outstanding Djowger, hats off to him.
- Lobo out vs. Schulle in Last 32...
... Just wait until we have the results ready.

- Karlos taking away bronze medal, playing like Obi-Wan in his best days. Watching his style is really a reminiscence to the old German veteran.
- In the end, an almost flawless Manuel won the tournament in style. Haven t seen any crucial mistakes in his game, concentrated, focussed and such a killer mentality. Marty was good, too. But in final he was lucky not to concede more goals in 2nd leg.
Well done Manuel! Italian PC dominance continues...

Best quote by Coolio to sum the PC event up:

In 10 Sensible Days we can have 8 or 9 different winners for the PC tournament. Form of the day, little details and minimized amount of mistakes decide who will win the title!

^^That s what he said as far as I remember. If not, pls correct me, Alen! It was late...

Review Amiga (54 players):

First and foremost thanks to the guys involved in hardware-orga. Pallister, Waenae, Redhair and others... You made it all possible! Thank you very much.

Groupstage came up with very good and balanced groups. Killer group G has Ali, Bomb, Dzem, Geo and Rasmus. You could really feel sorry for Paider to be drawn into that bunch of killers. So bravo for reaching at least a draw in there. Well done!
If you check out the KO-tree I had to be very happy to finish my group first. Just take a look vs. who Manuel had to play against! :o Taking that into regards it s even more impressive that he took away bronze medal.

File Attachment:

KO rounds:
- Not so many surprises like on PC! But not less thrilling games...
- Manuel was on a killing spree once again, kicking out the biggest favorites Coolio in 1/8 and Ali in 1/4. :o That achievement alone made him MVP of the whole World Cup.
- In semifinal he was finally stopped by enthusiastic Polish fans and Foka, who took the fortune in his hands and was carried to the final by a wave of screams and emotions. It was such a flesh-creeping atmosphere.
- I am really happy with my performance on Amiga. I had to fight hard in Last 32 (vs. Romaneq) and in 1/8 vs. Sasy... but as the first goals vs. Redhair flew in at QF I felt so confident and easy... It was just pure fun. First leg in semis vs. Lobo (5-5) was a thriller. But somehow it didn t make me nervous or affected me in a negative way. Sorry, Rafa, I just felt like
Do what you like... I will have the right answer...
8) That double standing header goal removed my last doubts that anybody could stop me! ;D Sorry if that sounds like arrogance now, it was just how I felt inside.
That feeling continued in the final vs. Foka...

General notes about the event:

I am glad that everybody seems to have liked the location with all its offers (food, rooms etc.). If all goes well we will book this place again for next year. Some rooms were left in abysmal condition, sadly :-\... but we will find a solution for those issues, too! Maybe something like a pledge of 5 Euro per person in a room, which you get only back if room is left in same condition as being entered.
Some of you mentioned problem of players disappearing during the tournament. That can be improved easily by some rules. We ll find a fair compromise for everybody. I am not worried at all about it.
So, once again, THANKS TO EVERYBODY.

Special thanks to my brother in law for printing the magazine. I am happy that most of you seemed to enjoy reading it!
www.heineltdruck.de

Download the magazine here: www.swos.info/files/sensidays09-magazine.pdf

I hope many more pictures and videos will be posted soon. Oh, and please give us some more time with entering the results. It s just so much... ;)

@ Manuel: CONGRATS FOR BEING MVP! Here is your dedication.
Das Lied von MANUEEEEEEEL..... lalalalala! ;D ;D ;D ;D
www.youtube.com/v/GRR2C-FBobM

Oh, and next year when Coolio Ali want their revenge, this will be the soundtrack:

Ok ok, enough now... HAHA! ;)
Thx, Redhair, for these links.. LOL!

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #71772 by lobo
Replied by lobo on topic Re: Sensible Days 2009
World Cup in Fulda has lived up to it s name.

Once again it was a great tournament with so many talking points it s simply not possible to describe all of them.

PC tournament will be remembered for a favourites slaughter in early KO rounds. Who would ve thought Playa, Rasmus or Lucaa won t even make it to the big screen?! Great performance by Czech Team, ElMichaJ s epic wins against all odds, finally Manuel s superb form. If you think 0-0 draws are boring wait till you see final games on the Tube. Polish Team didn t do exceptionaly well on Saturday to say the least. I was highly disappointed to see Sanek go out so early after playing excellent group stage.

Amiga tournament on Sunday had so many favorites, it was obvious from the beginning that not all of them will make it to the QF. Paczek was the biggest surprise of the day and bearing in mind he s only 17 y.o I dare to say there is much more to come from him. Playa was simply unstoppable on the day, one could see he s enjoying every single minute of the game and results just followed. Watching Foka beat tripple M (Marin, Marty, Manuel) on his way to the final was a terrific experience to me and I was as anxious as if I was playing myself.

Congratulations to the winners and medalists!

Great to see my German friends: Playa, Red, Micha, Bomb, Schulle, Waenae and of course Pallister.
Italian team was great as usual. Big thanks for the lift to Frankfurt!!!
Denmark, you are the only crew that can challenge us when it comes to supporting our mates. ;)

See you soon.

EDIT:

Couldn t resist to paste dedication to Amiga SWOS Champ too ;D :D ;D

feature=related

More
14 years 7 months ago #71780 by Manuel
Replied by Manuel on topic Re: Sensible Days 2009
So i want speak just a little about this tournament…

In Fulda,there was many good players,but we played not very well especially on Amiga,the quality was not very high for a World Cup(i think becouse we was tired and without the necessary training off-line)
The Groupstage endend with expected positions,only Klinki(he was in my group and draw two matches agaist me)Waenaa and Sanek suprised me,whit them second position.About me i started not very well,i was in difficoult in first matches,infact i draw my first game(agaist Klinki) ad won only 1-0 agaist Radektomat,then my style grow up and i saw that my defende was solid..game after game my ambitions grow up.
In early KO-Round many top players go out,really a big debacle by Playaveli and Coolio(but congralutation to Djowger and Sokol,this Bulgarian players was the surprise of tournament!,and i can say that played very well agaist me in the gruoup where i won one game whit lucky and draw the other)..so while the favourites are out,i won easy agaist a old star,M.C.T,where i won 5-0 and 4-2,in 1/16 i have meet GEO,i started fast and won first game 3-0,in the second he played better than me,but was later,the game finisched 2-2…
In ¼ of finale i look the table,and saw that Marin was the my opponent,i remembered that last year i lose two final agaist him,i would the revenge,in first game i won 3-2(with my jopdad that didn’t work very good,incredible)..in the second he scored me always the same goal,on first goalpost,so i scored me 5 goal,all egual,was an incubus,finaly the game finisched 3-3 and i pass in semifinal.
In other matches Elmichaj beated Sokol,Marty kicked out Ali and Karlos won agaist Djowger,the situation was clear,for me the best opponent was Marty…
In semifinal Elmichaj was a hard opponent,he surprised me with a good start,2-0 the partial…then he missed some chances for scored again,i was in difficoult but was luckt to score a goal..2-1…and now i could use my tactic,i sayed to Luca and Sasy”Look me please,i want enjoy’…so i won 4-0 with a good performance..in the other match Marty beated Karlsos…all was ready,before of our final,Karlos taked his medail,after a hard road he could be happy for his third place(good performance agaist Elmichaj),good job Karlos.
The final seem a chess-macth,the defences were perfect,there was 2 wall for part,scored was difficoult…first game finisch 0-0…the second started…same soccer,without risk and maximux concentration…we was arrived ay 89’…thrown in for me,i put the ball in the goal-area and Quagliarella could scored the goal of WORLD CUP.

Well done,Sunday was the day of Amiga,the face of players was tired…my group was not very hard,i started with Marco Nenzel(13-0) then the way was more difficoul,Edgar was a strong opponent and loose only (1-0)…finally we have the luch and me,Sasy and Luca song with Leman,then Edgar give a present for me(a flag of Portugal)…the tournament continued,i beated Playaveli in first match but loose agaist Elmichaj and the return match agaist Playaveli…i arrived second and Coolio waiting me in 1/8(in the Dinner time,Luca was very funny,,and sayed’My watch is broke,it signs the 18:20’…and Sasy answer’Why?The time is right’…and Luca’ohhh,isn’t moorning now??…gulp!!!This was Luca!!!!The tournament continued i checked the table…and i saw that after groupstage the big Coolio have won all games…before of meet him i kicked out Pallister(i’m happy for played agaist him)…then was the time for play agaist the best player online,before the game i was fear to his header style,i played with the ball on the pitch and in two game without tactic i beat him(5-3;0-1), his face was tristy(i’m sorry,was a honour played agaist him)…in other match my friends Luca and Sasy go out with honour,Luca after a year without play,loose agaist Marty,he couldn’t do more…Sasy played very well agaist a nervous Playaveli..(2-3 and 1-3 but Sasy scored for first in the second match)..in this match me,Luca and Portougese team support Sasy agaist 10 German fun :D after the game we applauded all.
In the Quarter i meet an other favourites player,ALI…mhmmmmmmm,his start was superb..1,2,3 goals…i thought for a little that i was out,then i fight and scored the goal of 1-3…in the return match i sayed to Luca and Sasy:’now i win 4-0…i wrong..i won 5-0’…my best performance of tournament,Ali stayed in a schok-status,while i have a ironic-smile,an other favourites was out…’
In semifinal Foka killed me out,he played better than me(but on 2-0 in first game i wrong many chances to close the match)..i won 2-1 the first game and loose 3-0 in the second,good job Foka,well done,and honour to you and to your supporter….in the other part of table Playaveli won his matches with a solid game(9-1 agaist Redhair…gulp!!!very easy agaist a old champion,Where is the redhair that we know?Redhair come on!)..in the final he scored soon 3 goals then managed the results not without some difficoult,Foka come back with 2 goals,then Playaveli scored 2 goals with the Foka-style…he grabs the title,he merited the cup!Congratulations…
About me i won the Final for third place agaist Lobo…my tournament was finisch,i played all the games possible,with maximum concentration and i played for enjoy,take the Double is difficoult but not impossible,i will try next year..

Yoyoyoyooooo…..on betting shop forum i haven’t a vote ;) huhu…thanks i’m scaramantic!

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds