Re: Synchronated Updates 08-09

More
16 years 5 days ago #40029 by milivella

Now, I only have to change the desired prices/stars/points (call them as you want).

Dividing FM current ability for 3.9 (the spreadsheet does this right now), you have 5 players with 5 stars (Kaká, Messi, C. Ronaldo, Buffon, Ibrahimovic), and 100 or so players with 4.5 stars (all the players in the spreadsheet, and some goalkeepers too). This should be OK.

Anyway, as I ve written, you can input any price/stars/points you want (from Transfermarkt, subjective, etc.).

Let me know whether I can do something other the can be useful to you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 days ago - 16 years 5 days ago #40037 by milivella

Dividing FM current ability for 3.9 (the spreadsheet does this right now), you have 5 players with 5 stars (Kaká, Messi, C. Ronaldo, Buffon, Ibrahimovic), and 100 or so players with 4.5 stars (all the players in the spreadsheet, and some goalkeepers too). This should be OK.

Well, with higher values there are some 8 and 9 back again and some players are undervalued (C. Ronaldo...)

edit A correction to the spreadsheet (there was an error) and all is OK now (no values 7, no undervalued players).

More
16 years 5 days ago #40043 by Synchronated
47 points is also 5* (£12m)... so probably too many points per player and thus too many 5* players as it stands?
FM ability/3.95?

Otherwise, fantastic work! :)
Can you make a second copy (so your own work is backed up) and give me admin rights to the copy, possibly?

More
16 years 5 days ago - 16 years 5 days ago #40048 by Synchronated
Oh, also, is it possible to modify the spreadsheet so that the 7 stats are displayed in the same order as in swos editors?

I have FM Genie Scout displaying only the 7 relevant stats and in the SWOS order so it s much easier if they re in that same order on the spreadsheet

edit: I ve just realised this makes no difference whatsoever, just a case of renaming the columns or simply ignoring the names of the columns and inputting the FM stats in whatever order you like... d oh.

More
16 years 5 days ago #40049 by milivella

Can you make a second copy (so your own work is backed up) and give me admin rights to the copy, possibly?

Of course! You have mail.

More
16 years 5 days ago #40050 by milivella

47 points is also 5* (£12m)... so probably too many points per player and thus too many 5* players as it stands?
FM ability/3.95?

Done in the second spreadsheet. It should be good.

More
16 years 5 days ago - 16 years 5 days ago #40061 by Synchronated
Actually I m just messing with this now
And ability/4 is best in the end I think, given that 47 is £12m... that gives the best amount of 5* players but still WAY too many 4.5* players. Everyone on the spreadsheet is over £6m (!) even with ability/4... so I think I would be more inclined to use transfermarkt values/4 still, to determine the value and total SWOS points.

More
16 years 5 days ago #40063 by Playaveli
I think you can create some more 5 full-star players than just 2 or 3!

Why?
Because a 5-star-player should be also position-specific. There are the 3 or 4 best attackers in the world, 3-4 best midfielders, wingers and also some defenders who are just ahead of others, in central defense and as left-/right backs. And, last but not least, the best goalkeeper(s). So, you can have a total amount of ca. 12-15 5-stars which should be fine. Without the money cheating option it is hard enough to get them if they re not transfer listed anyway.
All the other players stars should be relative to the best ones.

(That s just a suggestion).

And in general updates should try to orientate themselves to the original data. How many 5 star players are there? How many 4.5 star players? etc etc... You should try to keep that balance to simulate the originality of the old game.

Although I don t like updates (either unrealistic, crashing, incomplete or...or...) I must say I am impressed by your work, Synchro. Keep going. If you don t like my suggestions just forget about them.

More
16 years 5 days ago - 16 years 5 days ago #40064 by Synchronated

Well the original 96/97 database has 6 5* players (Shearer, Del Piero, Bebeto, Weah, Klinsmann, Maldini) and 98 unique players which are 4 1/2*.

(source: swos.gazchap.com/index.php)

Using transfermarkt price /4 we would get three 5* players currently (Messi, C.Ronaldo, Kaka) and (if strictly adhering to transfermarkt value) 78 players which are 4 1/2*.

(source: www.transfermarkt.de/de/basic/2007/inter...rktwerte/1/tops.html)

But to add to that, transfermarkt/3 would give 11-12 5* players and 150-200 4.5* players, which for me is too many.

Also in the original 96-97 data, Bebeto s 5* incarnation is an error (they kept the 95-96 Deportivo squad by mistake and didn t even update it); Bebeto also exists at another club (his actual club at the time, Flamengo?) and Brazil, both at £9m (4.5*), so that leaves 5 5* players in the whole of the original 96-97 data.

I think I disagree that we need many 5* players, especially as for example there is no defender now in the class of Maldini as he was in the 90s, at all. Kaka, C.Ronaldo, Messi, possibly Gerrard, possibly Ibrahimovic, maybe Buffon, that should be it.

If you set values too high - and I think maybe I did with the 07-08 update, using tmkt/3 and having 12ish 5* players - then too many players are basically perfect at their position skill-wise, because there s no headroom when creating the players skills. They just end up being mostly 7s. So there s not enough difference between great players and ok players and it s possible for such as Man Utd to finish bottom half in the league as a result :)

More
16 years 5 days ago #40072 by milivella

Everyone on the spreadsheet is over £6m (!) even with ability/4... so I think I would be more inclined to use transfermarkt values/4 still, to determine the value and total SWOS points.

OK. (Anyway, using FM data could be possible if we use not a linear regression, but maybe a logarithmic one; I m saying this just because using FM data you wouldn t have to compute - i.e. divide and convert - the price of each single player.)

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds