Third strip?

• Samsonite
  • Samsonite's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 3 months ago #81495 by Samsonite
Third strip? was created by Samsonite
Don t know if this really counts as a curiosity , per se, but has anyone encountered playing in a third strip on SWOS before?

Today I played Cambridge United vs. Oxford United, Oxford changed to an all yellow strip which was neither their home (yellow/blue) or away (red/black).

I played this a lot as a kid, have only picked it up again in the past year or so, but I can t recall this ever happening to me before.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #81496 by Mozg
Replied by Mozg on topic Re: Third strip?
It hapenned to me only when I set identical first and second strip to two teams (all grey), just to see what will happen. And then one of teams played in all-red kit. The conclusion is that SWOS probably inteligently creates special kit when first and second kits are too similar :) However I noticed that unfortunately sometimes it isn t working well, for example often when I m playing Poland against Croatia, Poland plays white shirt, red shorts, and Croatia plays white shirt with red stripes and white shorts, and that looks very similar, and the result of that is my frequent passes to the opponent :P

More
14 years 3 months ago #81500 by Pallister
Replied by Pallister on topic Re: Third strip?
SWOS generates the kit automatically if it looks to similar, that s right. And Mozg is right too...sometimes it doesn t work well hehe...

• electrospectre
  • electrospectre's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 3 months ago #81528 by electrospectre
Replied by electrospectre on topic Re: Third strip?
hmmm, this is pretty interestin ...

could it be possible to edit a string with the hex editor to determine the make up of the 3rd kit?

what would be successful is an invertion of the home colours... ie yellow shirt with blue shorts (1st kit) becomes blue shirt with yellow shorts (3rd kit). the away (kit 2nd) might be all white for example, but this wouldn t fatcor in.

anyone feel this could be possible? ???

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds