Re: Synchronated Updates

More
12 years 6 months ago #106654 by ZICOZICO
Replied by ZICOZICO on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Updated my previous post with a new version....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #106659 by Synchronated
Yeah, works perfectly in a command prompt under Win7 64-bit. Would ve just used dosbox if it didn t.

Great stuff. Any chance of division numbers and shirt numbers too? Then it would be *all* the info.

(the best thing would be if you could import CSVs like this back into the data files... one league at once... would be amazing, but probably a different thing entirely :) )

More
12 years 6 months ago #106660 by ZICOZICO
Sure, can add division numbers, although they are already visible in club option overview.

But I will add them to the csv file with the shirtnumbers tomorrow.

The other way from csv to swos file is more difficult. I know how to do it but this is a hell of a lot of work!
And needs very serious testing!!

Might be my next project.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #106666 by Synchronated
It would be even more amazing if it could work.

In an ideal world, we could export a single file to csv (this is now possible) - keep team IDs and some other things, but replace a lot of stuff like the player info, keeping the same structure - add the modified data from the same csv file back to the team.xxx file

This would be different from existing editors because my spreadsheet can automate the production of the new info into a CSV structure. The time-consuming part is, currently, taking those csv files and importing them into SWOS files.

I m sure that is more difficult! I am probably just dreaming there.

More
12 years 6 months ago #106667 by ZICOZICO
I see the need for a csv to swos convertor.

Maybe I give it a go in the next few weeks.
But before that the swosscan tool needs to be ready and it s output format (to csv) stable.

A csv2swos utility would consist of the following parts
1) csv file parser (parse csv file and report oddities and errors and inconsistencies)

2) data modifier (from csv to team file format)

3) output writer (write data in correct team files)

So right after the swosscan tool has been finished I might start on a csvcheck utility which basically implements the parser part (which is vital as bugs in either the csv file or the parser will result in corrupt TEAM files). This can then be a nice intermediate step (and seperate command line tool)

But for today I go back to finishing swosscan :-)

regards,
Zico

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #106672 by Synchronated
Great! One more thing if you do it, can we have the formation and position number in the csv data too? The other shirt number that determines where the player is in the formation? That way no manual editing would be required and formation setup errors are eliminated.

But managers and team kit colours can be left to existing editors I think.

More
12 years 6 months ago #106679 by ZICOZICO
Hi Sync,

Can you explain what numbers you need in the CSV file?

From the teams : Teamnumber, SWOS Global team number, Formation, Division
From the players: Shirt number, value etc

But do you also need the player position in file? (the 15 bytes starting at position 3D
as explained here yodasoccer.sourceforge.net/fformat.htm )

Regards,
Zico

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #106683 by Synchronated
Yes that s probably it. If you look at either of the main editors, there is a second shirt number which always corresponds to the player s actual position in the formation. (eg the front two in a 4-4-2 will say 11 and 10 regardless of what their shirt numbers are). If this can be set when preparing the csv, it will ensure the subs are always 12-16 and that players can always be forced into a correct position.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #106685 by ZICOZICO
Hi Sync,

Thanks for your reply.
I will have to look into the position number thing.
For now I uploaded a new version 0.6 with other changes made and thus not this yet.

Maybe it is easy, may be there s only 15 bytes for 16 players because the position of the first goalkeeper is ..eh.. kinda known upfront..

**Nevertheless, can you post some screenshots in which the numbers that you are talking about are visible?
Are they different for each tactic?

Regards,
Zico

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #106689 by Synchronated
The gk can be wherever you want him to be. I guess 15 because if you know the first 15 then the 16th only has one possible position remaining. That is only a guess, though.

Pablo s PC SWOS Editor with positional numbers in green and red on the right:

Unfinished build of SWOES with positional numbers in green and red next to shirt numbers:

Position maps for every default formation (as a rule, 2 and 5 are RB and LB, 6 and 9 are RW and LW, and the others fill up the centre in a certain order):

As long as these bytes are displayed in the same row as the corresponding player and are editable then the positions don t really matter; I already have everything set up to put everyone in the correct position.

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds