SEGA Sensible Soccer (Genesis/Megadrive version) on the XBOX

More
18 years 4 months ago - 17 years 8 months ago #4587 by swoozh
Hello everyone,

I have an XBOX and I thought it will be fun to also play the old Sensible Soccer or SWOS on it. So I have tried a lot of things and now I have SEGA Sensible Soccer running under some emulator. This version is the same which is used to play SEGA Sensible Soccer online here. It s also possible to play with 2 players, when you have 2 controllers ofcourse . It is not possible to play online with it!.

For the people who are interested in this, I will now explain how I did this. Look here if you want Amiga SWOS 96/97 on your xbox running.

Some tech info
I have an modded XBOX. I have modded it with the Xecuter 2.6 chip, which I ordered at MrModchips . I have also build in a 250 GB Hard disk to store games and programs. I always play games from my hard disk, I start the games using the dashboard XBOX Mediacenter (XBMC).
I have connected my XBOX to my network, so I can copy files from my PC via my network to my XBOX Hard disk.

System Requirements
I think it s necessary to have an modded XBOX. I can not help you with this, search the internet and you find enough information about it!

Getting the emulator for the XBOX
On this website the emulator gens is used to play the old SEGA Sensible Soccer. This is a program to play games from the Sega Genesis / Megadrive, Sega CD / Mega CD or Sega 32X.
For the XBOX there are a few people which are porting the emulators for the PC to the XBOX. Those people have also ported a version of gens to the XBOX, which is called NeoGenesis . This program can not downloaded on their website, so I have placed it online. Read below how you can download the .zip-file or the .iso-file, with the rom included.

Getting the emulator working on the XBOX
There are two options to get the emulator working on your xbox:
  • Burn the emulator to CD/DVD
  • Copy the emulator to your hard disk

Burn the emulator to CD or DVD
I have made a ISO for this emulator (and rom), which can be downloaded here . Unzip it, and burn this ISO with your favorite CD/DVD-burner and then put the disk in your xbox.

NOTE: I have not tried this, so let me know if this works! Not every xbox can read burned CD s and/or DVD s, so check that first!

Copy the emulator to your harddisk
Download the zip-file of the emulator (and the rom) here . Unzip it and copy it to your hard disk.
I have done it this way: I have connected my XBOX to my internal network and then copied the directory from my PC to my XBOX Hard disk. I started the emulator via XBMC.

Starting up the game
When you start up the emulator, you get some fancy graphical menu. Go to Select Game , now you see some files and directory-explorer. Find the directory sgenroms and start the file Sensible Soccer - International Edition (E) [!].bin with the button A . Now the game starts!

Some notes; to go a directory higher, press the button Y . To select a directory, press the button A .

Summary
  • Burn the files on CD/DVD (with this ISO )
  • Or copy the emulator to your XBOX hard disk (download the zipfile here )
  • Connect 2 controllers, start up the emulator (via HD or via CD)
  • Sit back and enjoy

I hope I have explained everything clearly. If someone has questions, just let me know.

Greetings,

swoozh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds