Get direct access to our Alpha test

More
12 years 3 months ago #109222 by Menace
apps.facebook.com/worldoffootballgame/ref/14 apps.facebook.com/worldoffootballgame/ref/1405654476

Hey guys - click the above link to get direct access to the Alpha test (no signup/get accepted) process!05654476

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #109234 by Retrieving
I d really like to play because the game looks very promising, however I won t touch this until there s official support for joypad/joysticks;

I do realize that given the size of the project you guys are probably running tight on resources (as most indie-like software houses) and thus have been catering to the huge amount of people on facebook that, having somewhat randomly stumbled upon your game, will likely just play it casually with their keyboards (Haxball docet), that being said there s no way those of us who ve grown up playing SWOS and the likes on Amiga and consoles will be able to enjoy this without a proper controller. ;)

More
12 years 3 months ago #109257 by Menace
It s not keyboard only btw - you use the mouse to rotate and the keyboard to run. It takes a few matches before the controls really click but from there I believe you can get used to it and maybe even like it - it is a completely unique control setup we have, that you can learn to master and make your own moves intuitvely on the fly.

There s actually support for the xbox gamepad right now - it s not ideal though, and it might be some time before we are able to make it better - but it is very playable.. I m not sure if other gamepads works as there s no configuratoin available inside the game yet either.

I doubt we ll support joysticks in the near future also, as there s some moves you need at least two buttons to do, but we ll see.

I hope you ll try it and come play with us! =)

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds