Unpopular opinion (SWOS related)

More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #143152 by ManchesterMan82
I've seen many of these types of posts on other forum's but thought it would be interesting to post it on here.

I'll start, my unpopular opinions are:

1. Heading the ball up the pitch without it touching the ground and scoring is basically cheating;
2. Scoring every goal by running at the keeper and squaring it to the back post for a tap in is dull and shows a lack of skill;
3. The goal where you shoot straight on with minimal back lift and it beats your keeper (who pathetically jumps but misses the ball) is rubbish and an exploit;

Go.........
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by ManchesterMan82.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #143153 by Playaveli

I've seen many of these types of posts on other forum's but thought it would be interesting to post it on here.

1. Heading the ball up the pitch without it touching the ground and scoring is basically cheating;
2. Scoring every goal by running at the keeper and squaring it to the back post for a tap in is dull and shows a lack of skill;
3. The goal where you shoot straight on with minimal back lift and it beats your keeper (who pathetically jumps but misses the ball) is rubbish and an exploit;

Go.........

Haha... omg I love it! :)

Ok, let's be a little unpopular and comment on your list:

1. It's basicly not cheating but the highest skill level you can reach in this game, because it's the most difficult stuff to pull of!
2. This goal is a prove of how dull your defense is and how much defensive skills you still lack!
3. Learn defend it, and nobody can exploit it!

Keep 'em coming!

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #143154 by ManchesterMan82

Go.........

Haha... omg I love it! :)

Ok, let's be a little unpopular and comment on your list:

1. It's basicly not cheating but the highest skill level you can reach in this game, because it's the most difficult stuff to pull of!
2. This goal is a prove of how dull your defense is and how much defensive skills you still lack!
3. Learn defend it, and nobody can exploit it!

Keep 'em coming!

Haha this was the response i expected! Number 1 i will agree with, players who do 2 and can't score any other goals are a blight on the game, number 3 i just can't do it so that's why i hate it.

Any other unpopular opinions out there?

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #143155 by Playaveli
Oh, yes... :) If you are interesting in unpopular stuff.. check out our museum:
www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/the-museum

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #143156 by ManchesterMan82

Oh, yes... :) If you are interesting in unpopular stuff.. check out our museum:
www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/the-museum

Some belters in there pal!

Hopefully people know my post is tongue in cheek (apart from number 2 ;) ).

4 years 3 weeks ago #143157 by ElMichaJ
there are also players who tackle so much and efficient (no red but injuries), so thats really dirty, but also part of the game and a kind of skill

i dont like this heading stuff as well, so just hit them on the ground. well its hard to defend this stuff but some days it works ;)

in the beginning of online playing you will have a lot of these problems, where players uses always the same goal against you, because it works ... later they need to be more creative :)

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #143164 by xflea
on numbers 1 and 3: learn it and you will like it :P

More
4 years 1 week ago #143188 by Bomb
@ManchesterMan82 I completely understand you. Sometimes I had the same feelings when I started to play online. but at some point I told myself: try to defend that. you have to 1) improve defense skills first, 2) your goal scoring moves (offline vs cpu is best ;) ). only play vs players who are better than you.

More
3 years 11 months ago #143323 by sokratees9
Great topic ManchesterMan82, I certainly keep an eye out to see if you do any of those against me! I can't do 1 or 3, and only recently learned number 2, but an still not that good at it. And as someone else mentioned, best to work out how to defend better to avoid those things.

One thing that I can't quite get is how some players are so good at getting the ball off kick-offs, or just robbing my player in general. But again, more practice needed. But I am 40 now, I wonder how much I can actually learn. When will we have over-<insert age here> competitions, for those who have slower reactions!

As regards tackling, when I started to play on line, I was hacking all over the place. Now I do it less, an and slowly getting better at defending. It's desperation from beginners

Time to create page: 0.275 seconds