SWOS 2011-2012 Champions League

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #105953 by Jonathant
This is to let you know of a new project. To celebrate the start of this season s real world Champions League, this is a new cup to find the SWOS Champions League winner for 2011-2012!

The plan:
- The Champions League has 32 teams in the group stage
- We will replicate this
- BUT using the teams in our favourite game: the SWOS club teams on the usual game disk!
- For those of you who took part in the summer World Cup tournament, the format is the same - once we have all the applicants, we are sorted into order by SRN and then starting from the lowest ranked player, we take it in turns to pick our team.

So there are 32 places available! On a first come, first served basis. The first challenge is to find 32 players....! Everyone is welcome to apply!!
No deadlines as yet, lets see if we can find 32 players first....

The first problem I have is that two teams (Zenit and BATE Borisov) are not in SWOS. I propose to replace Zenit with Spartak Moscow (as the next highest league finisher in Russia), and Brasov (sounds very close to Borisov). If anyone has any better suggestions, please let me know!

So please sign up here, or send me a PM / Email / Telegram / Carrier pigeon, whatever you like, if you wish to play.
And, at the same time can you tell me if you would (a) like us to follow this season s champs league exactly - using the same groups as the real world, or (b) you would like us to have one big super massive league (like this summer s Sensible World Cup tournament).
UPDATE: the tournament WILL mirror the real world groups from this season s champions league!!

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #105957 by Jonathant
For information, here is the list of teams alongside total strength rating from the SWOS database:

1 AC Milan 609
2 Barcelona 583
3 Real Madrid 574
4 Man Utd 560 (boo)
5 Ajax 523
6 Borussia Dormund 514
7 Bayern Munich 513
8 Arsenal 502
9 Inter Milan 493
10 Porto 479
11 Chelsea 474
12 Valencia 445
13 Benfica 427
14 Man City 426 (yay!)
15 Napoli 413
16 Bayer Leverkusen 410
17 Lyon 376
18 Spartak Moscow 374
19 Marseille 358
20 Olympiakos 326
21 Trabzonspor 321
22 Lille 312
23 Genk 295
24 Croatia Zagreb 274
25 Dinamo Minsk 268
26 APOEL Nicosia 236
= CSKA Moscow 236
28 Basel 231
= Shakhtyor 231
30 Viktoria Plzen 191
31 Villareal 189
32 Otelul Galati 187

Group A: Bayern Munich, Villareal, Man City, Napoli
Group B: Inter Milan, CSKA Moscow, Lille, Trabzonspor
Group C: Man Utd, Benfica, Basel, Otelul Galati
Group D: Real Madrid, Lyon, Ajax, Croatia Zagreb
Group E: Chelsea, Valencia, Bayer Leverkusen, Genk
Group F: Arsenal, Marseille, Olympiakos, Borussia Dortmund
Group G: FC Porto, Shakhtyor, Spartak Moscow, APOEL Nicosia
Group H: Barcelona, AC Milan, Dinamo Minsk, Viktoria Plzen

• swos4ever
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 7 months ago #105960 by swos4ever
Replied by swos4ever on topic Re: SWOS 2011-2012 Champions League
Nice idea m8, it will give to us many fun for sure!
Im in Jonathan!

More
12 years 7 months ago #105961 by alpino
good idea,we need to organize like that cups,thanks jonathan.Ofcourse I m in.

More
12 years 7 months ago #105963 by dimetrodon
Sorry, I have to be in with my low SRN. :D

The first problem I have is that two teams (Zenit and BATE Borisov) are not in SWOS. I propose to replace Zenit with Spartak Moscow (as the next highest league finisher in Russia), and Brasov (sounds very close to Borisov). If anyone has any better suggestions, please let me know!

You have to know that Brasov is not any close to Borisov, as in Hungarian the s is English sh not English s (or in Romanian write as Brașov, something you can not see in SWOS, but sh sound again). And the v at the end is not the same. So it is sounds like: Bra-shoh or Bra-shov and Bo-ry-saw or Bo-ry-sau. Or something like this. I can not tell you how different it is, :) the 1st have 2 syllable, the 2nd have 3, the 1st vowel is different, etc etc

But I am not against Brasov :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #105964 by pedrito
good idea im in of course

More
12 years 7 months ago #105965 by Schulle
I d like to participate as well, thx :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #105968 by lestat
I m in :D

More
12 years 7 months ago #105975 by Jonathant
8 players already!

For Brasov v Borisov, I do realise they are quite different places, and I don t mean to imply that they are the same. I just wanted to see if anyone objected to my use of the team that has the most similar name principle here. :) it does seem a bit random, even for me! If anyone has knowledge of Romanian football and knows a better alternative, I m happy to discuss!
I m not sure we have any active Romanian Swos players? So perhaps dimetrodon, you are the nearest?? I appreciate your opinion on the name, thanks, but do you agree with the team choice?

Thanks

More
12 years 7 months ago #105976 by dimetrodon
I have not talked about similarity in place, but only in names. It is not similar at all :)

Listen!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds