Re: (Un)friendly Competition Proposal = Stress Relief :)

More
14 years 5 months ago #75560 by Playaveli
I would give away points somehow like the SRN system. Just type in both players SRN in the calculator,
and devide by 10, round it up or down, done... So even lower ranked players can make good points.
Maybe it s too complicated but it was the first thing which came to my mind.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #75565 by Rock and Roll
Not too complicated Playa, I m a mathematician ^^.
I don t know the formulae which are used to calculate the SRN, so I m not sure what kind of fluctuations this would give.
I m also not sure if SRN is an indicator here. I ve played some brilliant hackers around my SRN (so under 1000).

I d prefer it there some test games were played first to test the different scoring systems before we try anything real .
I m not sure how it ll all play out, so testing seems a must to me.
I need somebody to practice my karate kicks on....where are Sociopatic / Zarathustra when I need them? :D :D

More
14 years 5 months ago #76111 by Rock and Roll
OK, I ll try to find some victims for a few matches next week and I ll report back here. I m thinking of starting something up in December, most probably a league with a grand final. I like the 4 game-with-injury format and I m planning to use that, though I m still not sure of the precise scoring system.
I ll post the various results and see what you all think.
I m thinking December/January...good to release the Christmas stress (WHAT!!! A PAIR OF SOCKS?!?!?! I WANNA PLAYSTATION 3 NOT SOME STINKING SOCKS!!!!!).

I ve already had one high scoring match with Zara, but that was only for the Euroleague....red and yellow cards and injuries galore :D.

• atahualpa_montezuma
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 5 months ago #76114 by atahualpa_montezuma
Replied by atahualpa_montezuma on topic Re: (Un)friendly Competition Proposal = Stress Relief :)
brillant idea man , i suppose it

More
14 years 5 months ago #76478 by Rock and Roll
OK, I ve done a bit of testing vs the CPU and xflea.

Just to clarify....am I right in assuming no computer players are ever bandaged / injured after a game?

I ve been messing around with various scoring systems and this is what I propose.

Rules:
- 3 minute games in a DIY League with play each other = x1 (otherwise keeping track of points can be a pain).
- Pitch type: FROZEN or MUDDY (Home player s choice, in my opinion the best surfaces for these rules).
- All Player Teams Equal = YES, or NO if both players agree (YES is the fairest, NO only if both players agree, if one doesn t then YES is mandatory).
- Substitutions are forbidden (we want blood :D).
- Free team choice.
- Per game post the following:
- Final score in goals
- Amount of Goalkeeper goals
- Yellow cards (if a player has received red by two yellows, then subtract two from the total in game .
- Red cards (including 2x yellow = red cards).
- Amount of bandaged players.
- Amount of players with 1 game injuries.
- Amount of players with 2 game injuries.
- Amount of players with 3 game injuries.
- Amount of players with 4 game injuries.
- Amount of players with 5+ game injuries (= a question mark in a red cross).
- Amount of players with Chevrolet injuries (= a black cross).
- If an goalkeeper has been injured.

After playing around with various scoring systems, I d like to propose the following scoring system.

- Each normal goal is 1 point.
- A goal scored by a goalkeeper gives a bonus of 4 points (except penalties which counts as normal goals).
- A yellow card is 5 points.
- A red card is 12 points.
- Each bandaged player in the next game gives 5 points.
- Each player with a 1 match injury gives 6 points.
- Each player with a 2 match injury gives 7 points.
- Each player with a 3 match injury gives 8 points.
- Each player with a 4 match injury gives 9 points.
- Each player with a 5+ (=?) match injury gives 10 points.
- Each player with a severe (=black cross) injury gives 15 points.
- An injury to an opponent s goalkeeper (bandaged or a x-match injury) gives 15 bonus points (added to the aforementioned points above).

A couple of explanations:
- A match without goals, was all about who was luckiest in kicking the other player. Also it made it all feel a bit more exciting when the score was all tied with 5 minutes to go.
- I ve devalued goals as much as possible, they are only there as a tiebreaker .
- Scoring with a goalkeeper wasn t as hard as I first thought, especially when you play two weak teams without All Player Teams equal being on.
Seeing as I like the idea of a free team choice, and a choice in toggling this option ON or OFF, a goalkeeper goal has been devalued to the same score as a yellow card.
You get 1 point for the goal, and a 4 point bonus for a Goalkeeper goal.
- A red s a red. OK, a direct red card might be a brilliant foul, but you ve gotta love the player who keeps fouling :D.
- Injuries are what it s all about :D.

In the Excel picture I ve added to this post you can see the results of a few of our games. Post what you think of the final scores.
I m still thinking of a tournament in which the first round is a group (2 games vs every other player). Top 2 play off for the title.
Attachments:

More
14 years 4 months ago #76755 by Rock and Roll
Anybody any thoughts on the last post of the previous page? Anybody? Yoo hoo!!!!!! All reactions are welcome.

More
14 years 4 months ago #76882 by Rock and Roll
Maybe not a free team selection....but an option for a special save disk only for the Unfriendly League?
Who wouldn t want Vinnie Jones and Axel Witsel on their team? :)

More
14 years 4 months ago #77418 by Rock and Roll
0 reactions since my last proposal. I might try and start something up before Christmas (and try to get it on the main site) but I m not sure if there will be enough players.
Any reactions are still welcome, as I don t want to totally stop developing this competition.

More
14 years 4 months ago #77541 by xflea
don t worry mate... just start it up

you set the rules - others follow

few people to participate in the discussion, but more to participate in the competition itself, I belive

More
14 years 4 months ago #77576 by Rock and Roll
OK xman, I ll do it. I ll write the rules up and set a tournament up via the homepage (I just need to send a mail with the details, right?).

Prepare to get injured :D

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds