World Cup

• sensipla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 1 week ago #61539 by sensipla
Replied by sensipla on topic Re: World Cup

I
- the cup will always end up within a reasonable time (approx 2-3 hours, or even less - it would be max. of 6 rounds for the best ones. If we run it smoothly it could last even an hour)
- more players. Many of us don t participate in big cups as they almost always last much more than expected. If it s guaranteed that this is not the case in WC then I think we would make more players participate. And the whole idea of WC is to have plenty of and best players.
- more fun;) survival starts from the very first game.
Contras:
- half of us will play against only one opponent - true, but WC is only one of many occasions to play.

I disagree here, players who get to QF and SF rounds will play at least four of five games (64-32-16-8-4). In groups with four of five players its very similar, 3 games is group, 32-16-8-4, only two more games and at least three games are guaranteed for everybody. Survival starts from very first game too if only two players from each group qualify. And drawings will be easier because there will be no drawings when seeding system will be used (A1-B2 vs D1-C2 etc, depends on ammount of players and groups).
If system best vs worst (according to rankings) would be used in KO system then its very cruel for not experienced players, I am not sure if they wanna organize their time and then lost 1-8 against the best players in first round. They consider their participation in this and ammount of players will be low in my opinion.
Groups could be seeded according very easy, clear and fair (I am not saying KO system is not fair) system:
A-1 8 9 16
B-2 7 10 15
C-3 6 11 14
D-4 5 12 13
where number is ranking position.

When less (or more) players then 16, 32, 64 participate, there will be odd number of players, system would be same.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 week ago #61567 by dzem
Replied by dzem on topic Re: World Cup
I guess we are thinking of two different type of cups.
If this is supposed to be a real World Cup then the priority is to get all best players - not making all players play at least few games. And since many players don t participate in one-day cups because of usual problems and long time of them we should do sth to change it in this case. I have played in few online cups and there was none with more than 8 players that I could call a quick one when there was a group stage.

Ruichi also might have thought of sth else, so perhaps we should start a topic for organizing a real World Cup. We have a winner of ASL and ISSF Champions League (both give 12 titles a year). What about creating a cup that would have qualifications and the main event with 16 or 32 players would take place only once a year? We would get an Online World Champion.

More
15 years 6 days ago - 15 years 6 days ago #61625 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: World Cup
Playing such a tournement which shall be prestigous, SRN effect has to be on, lowest ranked player chooses first (this should attracted many many players, newbies to pros), nations or clubs, whatever is decided.
If you need inspiration then check the only real World Cup Redhair was organizing back in 2006:
www.sensiblesoccer.de/index.php?site=turniere_ergebnisse tid=143

Read cup description. ;)
Moved the old thread out of our archives:
forum.sensiblesoccer.info/index.php?topic=944

I was an awesome event. Doing this on a monthly basis with some variations (once clubs, once nations, once 96/97, once updates) is really attractive.

More
15 years 6 days ago #61650 by daimaou
Replied by daimaou on topic Re: World Cup
Those are exactly the kind of cups I like since they are always different. I end up getting bored playing with the same team over and over, that s why I like FLCH so much :)
I only think SRN and non-free team choosing doesn t match. How good would you feel in getting Jamaica and then having to play SRN matches with them? ;D

• sensipla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 6 days ago #61651 by sensipla
Replied by sensipla on topic Re: World Cup

Doing this on a monthly basis with some variations (once clubs, once nations, once 96/97, once updates) is really attractive.

Once clubs only from Europe, once clubs from all over the world.
After European Championship or World Championship with national teams when football excitement is at its highest point and with european teams in May when the semifinals and final of CL are played.

I only think SRN and non-free team choosing doesn t match. How good would you feel in getting Jamaica and then having to play SRN matches with them? ;D

Good for weak players :)
I think it depends on ammount of players, with ten sixteen players there is enough of good teams (GER,ITA,FRA,ENG,HOL,POR,SPA,SWE,SCO,DEN,CZE,CRO,ROM,BRA,ARG and few others) but with thirty or fourty contestants ... Good luck Jamaica ;D

More
14 years 11 months ago #62899 by ruichi
Replied by ruichi on topic Re: World Cup
anyway.. looks like I will be MEGA busy :) for next few weeks, but if u like the idea and agree to the overall please feel free to organize it

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds