World Cup

More
15 years 1 week ago #61454 by ruichi
World Cup was created by ruichi
We have own leagues, we have cups within. We also have CL, ISSF and ASL. But trully.. wouldnt be nice to play ONE big cup once a month for a day? Some leagues play their league cup during one day and it s a great fun to meet all friends same day - it s totally different than cup lasts for few days or month. Ofc if servers are working - otherwise it s just crap:P

Anyway.. I want to organize World Cup - srn involved if agreed. I d say 1st Monday of each Month, starting from 7pm. 4/8/12/16 groups depends on no. of people (max 6 in each grp) - seeded setting Then KO rounds...

Unless you find ASL cup too close to the idea ;) waiting for opinions..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 week ago #61456 by daimaou
Replied by daimaou on topic Re: World Cup
I like the idea and I like the concept of 1 day cups precisely since you get all the players together at one day and it creates a special atmosphere, but on the other hand I m not much into 1 day cups because usually there are always problems and they end up lasting way too much and most of the times I finish my matches and then have to wait forever for my next opponent...

But I d give it a try if this would turn out into something special, only problem for me is the time 7pm is a nice time... if the cup was on weekend ;) At weekdays no way for me to be able to play at that time. I wish you all the best with the cup though, make it successful. About srn I think all 1 day cups shouldn t have srn enabled it usually ends up taking some fun out of it, but that s just my opinion.

Ofc if servers are working - otherwise it s just crap:P

Actually I think servers are crap, no need for them put them all down :D

• sensipla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 1 week ago - 15 years 1 week ago #61459 by sensipla
Replied by sensipla on topic Re: World Cup
Good idea. I would prefer saturday evening too.

Now i get this idea (maybe stupid for you but maybe someone finds it good): most of the players play with Brazil, Real, few with Barca. With changed names but teams are the same. My idea is following: players would choose ANY of regular (not edited custom) club team in order of their ranking (worst participant picks out first, second worst - according to rankings - second and so on). Example:
I am worst of all the participants, I select first. Barcelona.
Jack is second worst, Real.
Paul is third, Juve.
And so on, and so on.
There is a plenty of good club teams, noone needs not be afraid of choosing club in India :)

OR (and thats maybe better), only national teams, when its World Cup, would be allowed.

Its just an idea (very similar to www.sensiblesoccer.de/index.php?site=turniere_ergebnisse tid=361,)but it can bring more variability in online gaming.

More
15 years 1 week ago #61464 by dzem
Replied by dzem on topic Re: World Cup
I was thinking about it from a long time;-) I d definietely like to participate. But since it is only one day cup and its intention is to gather as many players as possible, the main issue is to make it as short as possible. That s why I suggest only KO without any groups.
Pros:
- the cup will always end up within a reasonable time (approx 2-3 hours, or even less - it would be max. of 6 rounds for the best ones. If we run it smoothly it could last even an hour)
- more players. Many of us don t participate in big cups as they almost always last much more than expected. If it s guaranteed that this is not the case in WC then I think we would make more players participate. And the whole idea of WC is to have plenty of and best players.
- more fun;) survival starts from the very first game.
Contras:
- half of us will play against only one opponent - true, but WC is only one of many occasions to play.

Of course we won t get proper number of players for KO (8, 16, 32, 64), but there are many ways to solve it with one pre-eliminary round.
As for other solutions we can close signing up even a day before the cup. There would be lot of time to organize elimination. The site has a bad habit of laziness in the time of drawing (not so long ago we waited 20 mins to make a drawing).

I think we should try to make it very well-organized, so that the title of Online World Champion would be really prestigious. We won t solve all problems and get all the best players, but we can at least die trying;-)

More
15 years 1 week ago #61467 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: World Cup
It s a very good idea, I wouldn t call it World Cup though...
Will post my suggestions later (name, date, modus, entrance etc...)

More
15 years 1 week ago #61490 by daimaou
Replied by daimaou on topic Re: World Cup
1 day cups and KO rounds only aren t too interesting for me, because if I organize my life to be at home specifically to play a online cup and then I m kicked out at first round will just suck. So I think not many players will do it. In cups like that I play them only if I m at home and online by that time, but won t change my life plans to be there for it ;)

And if you re calling it World Cup, maybe it would make sense to play only with National Teams like Milanista suggested, this kind of cups are always a fresh air and much more balanced. Maybe even use up to date squads like Sync s data. Up to you of course, but this option looks interesting to me.

More
15 years 1 week ago #61504 by ruichi
Replied by ruichi on topic Re: World Cup
Glad to hear all the opinions so far ;)

a) I called it World Cup, as it s not a league nation cup, but involves all nationalities together to play for 1 trophy. Of course it can be named differently if required, but the world idea sounds the best for me.

b) 7pm is a time most of us is long back from school/work and it has to be off weekend. No hope to get people involved in big cup on Sunday or even Saturday. Saturday is party time and Sun is resting time. I ve tried to organize cups during weekends - low attendance. It doesnt have to be Monday ofc, but most of cups I ve done successfully were on Mondays and funny enough I had the biggest crowd then.

c) I m up to group stage. We can shorten time to play that round by go down with max no of players in group up to 4 (or 6 and 1 game, which is even better I think ) and then KO rounds then.

d) In that particular Cup i d rather not to use picking team from weakest to strongest player system. I d like to be prestigious Cup as dzem said, so any team can be played by anyone. But we can consider playing Every Cup different league or so...

I m realist. ATM we have 175 players in ranking. Not too long ago we had more than 230. And if we could get half of currently playing players it would be a success. A big success. ;) But I m counting on it! :D

More
15 years 1 week ago #61506 by Coolio_Jack
Replied by Coolio_Jack on topic Re: World Cup

a) I called it World Cup, as it s not a league nation cup, but involves all nationalities together to play for 1 trophy. Of course it can be named differently if required, but the world idea sounds the best for me.

And what makes it diffrent then all the other cups? Every online cup would be a world cup then.

More
15 years 1 week ago #61508 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: World Cup

And what makes it diffrent then all the other cups? Every online cup would be a world cup then.

Hm, Happy-Monday or David-Hasselhoff-Handsome-Men-Cup... great World Cups, congrats! ;)

More
15 years 1 week ago #61510 by ruichi
Replied by ruichi on topic Re: World Cup
can be country side Cup lol.. i dont mind

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds