Re: Mitteldeutschland-Cup 2008

More
15 years 10 months ago #45863 by bobbiebobras
JOIN !!! I m coming to you :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #45865 by Playaveli

JOIN !!! I m coming to you :)

Nice, Bobbie. There s gonna be some ass kickin at CGC. ;D

More
15 years 10 months ago - 15 years 10 months ago #45870 by Pallister
Wanna show u the gamemode for the MD-Cup 2008 in Amiga SWOS:

As it seems we re 27 players finally. So we ll have 4 groups, 3 with 7 and 1 with 6 players. We play 2x3min each (we make a DIY-League in SWOS on Laptop which tell us who s next ;) ). So if u can bring a Laptop pls do it.

After the groupstage the players on place 7 have to play a small league for the placement (because it s gravured on each medal) with 2x3min each. This mode guarantees 14 matches in this tourney and the next round has to wait only half an hour, we can use it for some talks or drinks, eat etc.

Place 1-3 of GrA and 1-3 of GrD are joining the MasterGroupA, Place 1-3 of GrB and 1-3 of GrC are joining the MasterGroupB
Place 4-6 of GrA and 4-6 of GrD are joining the 2ndChanceGroupA, Place 4-6 of GrB and 4-6 of GrC are joining the 2ndChanceGroupB

In this Groupstages we play 1x3 min each. I m sure that we ll see the first really great thrills here ;D

This mode guarantees that u meet as much different players as possible.

Place 1 and 2 of each 2ndChanceGroup are playing the 1/8 then with the players from MasterGroupA and B.

Here u can see the following bracket: (click the attachment for a bigger pic)

THX A lot, Redhair for this Graphic. Great job!!!

Rules here are 2x3min +ET if Replay + No pens

The mode for PC SWOS (only an additional tournament, don t forget this) has to be much shorter. We can decide it together when we have a BBQ or something else. I m sure that s a good way, or?

Any suggestions? :)
Attachments:

More
15 years 10 months ago - 15 years 10 months ago #45904 by HairFU
Really nice Tournament mode. I enjoy the 2nd Chance Groupstage also at the Aalborg Cup this year ;)

Maybe for the PC Tournament, we could make it a really short mode (because it is on a Sunday). Just make 6 Groups, 3 Groups with 4 Players and 3 Groups with 5 Players and then let the Place 1 - 3 of Groups with 5 Players and Place 1 - 2 of Groups with 4 Players to K.O. Round and then the best 3rd Place of one of the 4 Player Groups get the last K.O. Place. Just as an idea.

Do you print the diagram (at least on paper) and hanging it on the wall? So that evryone can see against who he have to play next?

More
15 years 10 months ago #45923 by AndYpsilon
Nice Amiga tournament, Palli!!!

PC-tournament:

If we have 4 PC s we could play 4 groups. I suppose a DIY-League with 6-7 players (2 matches against each other) takes 3-4 hours of time. First 4 players of each group qualify for the eight finals the rest is just out. Because it is not the main event we don t need to play out every single place.

After group stage K.O.-mode: eight finals, quarters, semis, match for the third place and final. In the eight finals the winners of the groups play against the 4th places, and the second against the third places

I think with this mode we could finish the tournament between 18 and 19 o clockwhen we start at 10 o clock.

At our X-Mas cup we had only 20 players but started between 11 and 12 o clock. We played out every single place and finished the tourny between 19 and 20 o clock. So the model I explained above should really work! IF we have 4 PC s!

More
15 years 10 months ago #45926 by djowGer
THX for this clearification danny! :D

Format looks really good, for every player. Just one thing, how will the groups be drawn? By SRN point or national, and when? When we are all there or a day before?

@HairFu: i dont think it will be a problem to pick u up near hamburg. I ll take a look at the route tonight, and maybe we can meet at the chat channel around 21 cet or something, to work it out. Otherwise you can contact me on my cell phone: 00 45 - 26 23 71 07

More
15 years 10 months ago #45929 by Wänä81

Nice Amiga tournament, Palli!!!

PC-tournament:

If we have 4 PC s we could play 4 groups. I suppose a DIY-League with 6-7 players (2 matches against each other) takes 3-4 hours of time. First 4 players of each group qualify for the eight finals the rest is just out. Because it is not the main event we don t need to play out every single place.

After group stage K.O.-mode: eight finals, quarters, semis, match for the third place and final. In the eight finals the winners of the groups play against the 4th places, and the second against the third places

I think with this mode we could finish the tournament between 18 and 19 o clockwhen we start at 10 o clock.

At our X-Mas cup we had only 20 players but started between 11 and 12 o clock. We played out every single place and finished the tourny between 19 and 20 o clock. So the model I explained above should really work! IF we have 4 PC s!

Right, on the X-Mas-Cup the mode Andy explained work really well :)

THX for this clearification danny! :D

Format looks really good, for every player. Just one thing, how will the groups be drawn? By SRN point or national, and when? When we are all there or a day before?

I think we draw at saturday morning, because the drawing is a part of the touney ;) and Danny explained me he make 7 pots , based on the offline-ranking and nationality.

If i am wrong , please correct me , Palli :P

More
15 years 10 months ago - 15 years 10 months ago #45932 by Pallister

I think we draw at saturday morning, because the drawing is a part of the touney ;) and Danny explained me he make 7 pots , based on the offline-ranking and nationality.

If i am wrong , please correct me , Palli :P

Correct ;D 7 pots, 2 Ranking-related pots, 3 Germany Pots with 4 players each with nearly same strength, 1 Foreigner Pot and one pot with remaining players. Even with this Pots a death group is more than possible ;D For example Playaveli, DjowGer, HairFU, Aliciq, Romaneq, Paider and Dotterbart ;D

The draw of the groups will be Saturday, 10 o clock. We start the tournament right after this ;)

@ Andy: We ll see how much Systems we ll have here. At the moment it looks like 3 :( Can t get my old PC run with SWOS. Maybe someone can do this here on Friday, but I don t know...

Ah and one more thing. Who can bring a Laptop?

More
15 years 10 months ago #45940 by HairFU

Correct ;D 7 pots, 2 Ranking-related pots, 3 Germany Pots with 4 players each with nearly same strength, 1 Foreigner Pot and one pot with remaining players. Even with this Pots a death group is more than possible ;D For example Playaveli, DjowGer, HairFU, Aliciq, Romaneq, Paider and Dotterbart ;D

Ah with a Group of Death you mean a Group where evry Player from is out until the Quarterfinal, like Euro 2008 ;)

Ah and one more thing. Who can bring a Laptop?

I can ask my cousin if I can lend his laptop, but why not using a PC that is there for the PC SWOS torunament, or what is the problem?

More
15 years 10 months ago #45941 by Pallister
Nah forget that thing with Laptop, not needed anymore, thx ;)

Time to create page: 0.291 seconds