Custom Teams?

• evilmoo1
  • evilmoo1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 month ago #98574 by evilmoo1
Custom Teams? was created by evilmoo1
Hey, I just downloaded SWOS on Xbox live and I can t for the life of me get it so I can play as my edited teams.
I go into the team editor, fiddle around with things and then import the team (swapping them with another team in the process) and all it does is move the real team into my edited list yet keep them the same on whatever league they were in. Consequently my edited teams don t show up when I go to start a league and it s really annoying.
Anyone else having this problem? I do save my teams when it asks but still nothing. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #98596 by Synchronated
Replied by Synchronated on topic Re: Custom Teams?
You can t change the teams SWOS uses for default leagues/careers etc. At least not on the XBOX Live version (you can hack/use specially-made editors on older Amiga/PC versions to change anything about these teams). So importing them into custom teams will not edit the default team/the team you see when you start a career or a preset competition - you can just change the 48 teams in the edited custom teams file, which can then be used for friendlies and custom tournaments.

Bear in mind also that on the 360 the edited custom teams file is buggy as hell, you ll get file not found errors when trying to load them one minute and it ll be fine next time you boot up. I haven t bothered using it myself for this reason (and that due to the terrible design of the 360 version, if you sometimes play single-player and sometimes multiplayer, you need to make two separate files that ignore each other, one for single-player use and one for multiplayer use).

• evilmoo1
  • evilmoo1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 month ago #98598 by evilmoo1
Replied by evilmoo1 on topic Re: Custom Teams?
Cheers for the reply. That sucks!
The football nerd in me was looking forward to editing some of the teams so that they reflected the modern ones (at least in the player/team names).
So literally the only purpose of the import button is to import already existing teams to edit and use in custom stuff? Bah :(

More
13 years 1 month ago #98601 by Synchronated
Replied by Synchronated on topic Re: Custom Teams?
Yep.

You ll need the Amiga or PC version to nerd out properly

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds