Away goals rule

More
16 years 1 week ago #39819 by milivella
Away goals rule was created by milivella
Hi. Just one question about away goals rule in cups/tournaments. Off obviously means that away goals rule doesn t apply :) , but what about the two other values: after 90 minutes and after 120 minutes ? I can think of at least two different meanings of these values (SWOS original manual doesn t explain this):
a. After 90 minutes = the away goal rule applies for the first 90 minutes, but, if you go to extra-times, it doesn t apply any more.
b. After 90 minutes = the away goal rule is applied to the result of the first 90 minutes, and then again at the end of the eventual extra time. After 120 minutes = the away goal rule is not applied after the first 90 minutes; it s applied only after there is a draw at the end of the extra-time.

Can anyone help me? Thanks. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 1 week ago #39820 by milivella
Replied by milivella on topic Re: Away goals rule

b. After 90 minutes = the away goal rule is applied to the result of the first 90 minutes, and then again at the end of the eventual extra time. After 120 minutes = the away goal rule is not applied after the first 90 minutes; it s applied only after there is a draw at the end of the extra-time.

Probably this is the correct meaning, because e.g. European cups have after 90 minutes , and in them away goals are computed at the end of regular time, and again at the end of extra time. But I d like to hear someone who knows more than me.

More
16 years 1 week ago #39825 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Away goals rule
Just try it yourself. Configure 2 controllers and play the game, make it a draw, then see what happens. ;)
I would like to know the outcome.

More
16 years 1 week ago #39841 by milivella
Replied by milivella on topic Re: Away goals rule

Just try it yourself. Configure 2 controllers and play the game, make it a draw, then see what happens. ;)
I would like to know the outcome.

So I couldn t avoid this experiment, could I? :)

Well, hypothesis B was the right one: after 120 mins = the rule is not applied after 90 mins, but only after the extra-time. (A SWOS-wiki, or swiki, could be useful for all the aspects of the game not covered in the manual, editing above all.)

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds