Team database - bug reports

More
3 years 10 months ago #143650 by Sebatosh
Found a small one as well: goalkeeper Jeroen Zoet from FC Utrecht is from the Netherlands, not from Denmark...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Betichus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #143658 by Sebatosh
Another small one: two players in the national team of Qatar got an error in their name; I've attached a screenshot...
Attachments:

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #143665 by Kanchelskis
Not properly a bug, but I was called to coach Ireland in Career mode and I was struggling to find decent players. A lot of usually capped players are reserves in their club and were not included in the team set (McGoldrick for instance).
I think that we need the reserve players in El Salvador or to study how to build english clubs properly (they are richer than in 90s and full of important players in their benches).
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Kanchelskis.

More
3 years 10 months ago #143668 by Playaveli
Yup! SWOS 21 needs 21-player-squads! :)

More
3 years 10 months ago #143671 by Rock and Roll

Not properly a bug, but I was called to coach Ireland in Career mode and I was struggling to find decent players. A lot of usually capped players are reserves in their club and were not included in the team set (McGoldrick for instance).
I think that we need the reserve players in El Salvador or to study how to build english clubs properly (they are richer than in 90s and full of important players in their benches).

Can we please leave El Salvador alone? This problem can only be solved by increasing squad sizes or adding reserve leagues to major countries but that will take an awful lot of work by the programming wizards in the community.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #143672 by Kanchelskis
I'd rather prefer to play a decent international Career than the worldwide famous and unbelievable El Salvador league.

Btw that was just an option (tried for the same reason by Synchronated, the best updater in the last years), I also pointed out that maybe the international players should be in the bench always (the same Synchro removed for the same purpose reserve gk as they are useless in SWOS).

But if they can do something better such as adding more player slots, it's clearly welcome.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Kanchelskis.

More
3 years 10 months ago #143673 by Playaveli
How can reserve goalkeepers be useless if they might be called up for their national team? You just led your own argumentation ad absurdum.

To get to the point.

a) El Salvador has every right to be in the game (ok, maybe 2 divisions are enough)
b) SWOS 21 (or whatever it will be called) needs bigger squads!

More
3 years 10 months ago #143674 by Kanchelskis
Yeah, that's their only function, being sold or capped by a national team :P Other than that they are not necessary (useless wasn't the correct description, fine) as goalies don't suffer injuries on the pitch while they got injured only during career mode and there, if you don't have a substitute, the game create a gk player on loan.

By the way, I am not saying that we have to do that. I just said what was Synchronated's choice.

Playing a career with Ireland, Albania or Wales it's quite frustrating as half of the team it's not present in the game.
Then, if you want to try to increase player numbers that would be great.
Otherwise, if it's going to be impossible to do that or it requires a lot of work, there are other options (I ask myself who plays with three New Zealand fake leagues while the most important NZ club play in Australia and every player of the national team play in Australia, USA or England...)

More
3 years 10 months ago #143675 by Theologistic
I feel that we should focus our energies on 21-man squads for SWOS 21, and not into putting a sticky plaster on the problem by creating reserve teams in El Salvador.

With the Windows functionality now, it’s only a matter of time, and would be amazing for next years version of the game.

If I feel the need for a particular career (youth squads etc), I have a back-up file for SWOS data where I do have additional players edited into the game.

More
3 years 10 months ago #143678 by Sebatosh
Considering the fantasy leagues of NZL; ufff, it was a hard job to get all those teams in this edition. The main issue for me is that the Premiership is a summer competition, while all lower regional leagues are held in winter. So even if you have a lower league legend like Napier City Rovers in the game now, the key players of last season are actually part of a Premiership team instead (no duplicate players after all).

This is also the case with Australia, but there you have a bigger difference between regional teams and the A-league, with just few duplicate players. Australia is also more interesting because there is an actual FFA Cup in game, like in real life, where all teams compete in... in NZL there's nothing, no promotion, no cup, just the one league you're playing in, making the career mode a bit boring there...

This doesn't mean NZL shouldn't be in the game; both NZL and El Salvador should be there, because it's a World of Soccer after all!
But it would be great to have more challenges in career mode outside of Europe. My wish for SWOS2021 (or 22 or 23...no rush ;) ) would be first that teams are arranged due to the football organizations (f.i. Australia plays in the Asian federation; Papua New Guinea in Oceania), after which all these federations would have their own Champions League.

When it comes to Oceania, I would prefer to replace and expand the lower NZL leagues with leagues from New Caledonia, Fiji, Solomon Islands and the like, so you can have a proper Oceanic CL (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OFC_Champions_League) to participate in aside from the regular league. Look at that map in attachment; to become football king of the islands, that would be great! And then, in the next season, all winners of CL's worldwide (including South America, Asia etc) can participate in the World Cup for teams... Solomon Warriors vs Real Madrid in the final, now that would make a good closing goal of my 20 years in service...
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds