Season year selection in Pulldown menu TeamDB - this needs clarification

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #142528 by captaincofresi
EDIT: When in the screen 'Play Control' on the right there is the header 'Team Database & Career Mode setting' , with a pulldown menu for Season Year: ...... In the pulldown menu, it only shows one year e.g. 2020 or 1996, so here is the question for this:

When choosing the season year 2020 e.g., does this mean '20 / '21 season or '19 / '20 season?
When choosing the season year 1996 e.g., does this mean '96 / '97 season or '95 / '96 season?

This is confusing when selecting the database, so can you please clarify?
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by captaincofresi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #142548 by Playaveli
What is confusing? The year of choice defines the starting year of the season.

When the year is 2019, it has to be 19/20.
When the year is 2020, it has to be 20/21.

When the year is 1996, it has to be 96/97.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi

More
4 years 2 months ago #142555 by captaincofresi
Well that was confusing. Probably because you named the it SWOS 2020, and when selecting 2020 you get the 2020 / 2021 season. Although with 2020 you actually mean the 2019 / 2020 season. And I should select 2019, as you stated ;-).

I think my confusion was mainly due to the fact the the SWOS Database and the Pulldown Menu are completely different items, I didn't see that at first. The Pulldown Menu is only for the Career mode season selection. And seperatly I can choose what SWOS Database to use. So I get it now.

More
4 years 2 months ago #142557 by Playaveli
Which season you get in FIFA 2020? ;)

More
4 years 2 months ago #142699 by captaincofresi
Don't know, don't have it. Stopped playing Fifa when it became more about special moves, too many buttons and button bashing.
But I can kinda guess what season you will get then ;) , 2019 / 2020? At least that seems logical, since for 2020 / 2021 players and transfers are all unkown.

It's just more that I am used to the Sensi way of naming the games, with both years of the season mentioned.

More
4 years 2 months ago #142707 by sokratees9
I agree that there is a confusion here too. What does it mean to select the team DB for season 2033? Obviously nothing, since that does not exist, but then does it choose the latest TeamDB. I find that in the 1.0.1 version (which I just downloaded today to try, not sure how to integrate it with the Total Pack, which is the best way to play), I only see one team DB showing up, from about 5 years ago (when Tim Howard and Yakubu were playing for Everton), whereas in the Total Pack, TeamDB selection seemed to work fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi

More
4 years 2 months ago #142730 by Playaveli
Sure! Standalone Windows version has only the 19/20 database coming with it. You could still copy paste data folders from whereever and whatever year, so you have that OPTION also in the standalone version to change the starting year.

So, if you want to use other season data, go for the total pack, I suggest. Especially if you are an unexperienced user.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sokratees9, captaincofresi

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds